PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Can we have ship/release dates for the radios in the first post? I noticed the thread title has changed to 'Aug 4', but I cant tell (without reading the thread) which was released when.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:30 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Can we have ship/release dates for the radios in the first post? I noticed the thread title has changed to 'Aug 4', but I cant tell (without reading the thread) which was released when.
someone asked this before but (to be quite honest) i don't know the release dates of them all.
however, i don't think that the release date really matters because the software you flash changes how the hardware radio in your phone acts. it doesn't fix or add anything that a previous radio didn't have... (someone could get better results in their area with the oldest radio than with the newest)
Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO HOE
Carrier: sprint

tOnerz is a n00b

heyyy would just like to say i was having major problems missing calls and gettin delayed text and voicemails and i flashed the newest sprint radio, as im on sprint, and ive been using for 2 days and im pretty sure im gettin all my calls now, which ironicly is kinda annoying cuz now its harder for me to take naps. i live in the bay area california.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
someone asked this before but (to be quite honest) i don't know the release dates of them all.
however, i don't think that the release date really matters because the software you flash changes how the hardware radio in your phone acts. it doesn't fix or add anything that a previous radio didn't have... (someone could get better results in their area with the oldest radio than with the newest)
Understood. I just assumed that, in situations where a carrier releases multiple versions of a radio for the same device, was indicative of some sort of tweaking or, I would hope, improvements to its functionality. I understand radio performance tends to be location based, but what would be the purpose behind a carrier spending the money and effort to release different builds if it were not for improvement's sake? Just something Ive always wondered.

Thanks for your great work.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dslmel is just getting started
Phoenix, AZ

Sprint 1.12.34F sucks in PHX market.
Sprint 1.11.00F GREAT in PHX, Battery drain is more noticeable though.

Trying Verizon and Alltel Radios this week, will keep ya posted...

(Alltel Radio.. no ******* comment)
Radio Version: 1.11.00F

Thanks to all on this site! Awesome Group of People!!!

Last edited by dslmel; 10-07-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I've tried every radio and literally I see NO DIFFERENCE at all!

I think you're all zonkers!

Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

kmacsouris is a n00b

Hi I have a question concerning the radio roms posted. I have tried them all and the one that seems to work the best is the Telus rom 1.04.5 that is posted. These are the readings I am getting and I never, ever have full bars. I don't know if it is the rom I am using or what but I would like some input.

Cell: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Aliant/Bell Mobility (located in Atlantic Canada)
Rom: MightRom 6
Radio Rom: Telus 1.04.05
Field Test Results:
Rx Power -81 dbm (This goes as high as -92 dbm)
Rx Ec/Io 14 dbm
Rx FER 0.00

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacsouris View Post
Hi I have a question concerning the radio roms posted. I have tried them all and the one that seems to work the best is the Telus rom 1.04.5 that is posted. These are the readings I am getting and I never, ever have full bars. I don't know if it is the rom I am using or what but I would like some input.

Cell: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Aliant/Bell Mobility (located in Atlantic Canada)
Rom: MightRom 6
Radio Rom: Telus 1.04.05
Field Test Results:
Rx Power -81 dbm (This goes as high as -92 dbm)
Rx Ec/Io 14 dbm
Rx FER 0.00

Thanks!
I use mightyrom 6 and I noticed I hardly ever have full bars anymore as well. Did he tweak something for the battery? (also using telus radio, but noticed it on sprint radios as well.)
Old 10-07-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Are you sure it's not just because mightyrom uses a 5 bar signal meter, instead of a 7, like comes stock on some carriers?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
i like turtles

so is signal strength what causes the battery drain? If not, which one of these radio's uses the least power?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development