PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

davehakey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

I have a sprint TP and stock rom and radio. See this thread, downloaded the latest verizon radio to try. went to flash it. Got error 262 3 times, as it suggest took battery out and restarted still ok on stock radio. Why can't I flash. My TP goes into a colorful mode, then shows a % bar but stays at 0%, then times out without a flash.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehakey View Post
I have a sprint TP and stock rom and radio. See this thread, downloaded the latest verizon radio to try. went to flash it. Got error 262 3 times, as it suggest took battery out and restarted still ok on stock radio. Why can't I flash. My TP goes into a colorful mode, then shows a % bar but stays at 0%, then times out without a flash.

Thanks in advance
did you read the first question in the FAQ's in post #1? I'm guessing that's your problem
Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell Mobility

xParaholic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacsouris View Post
Hi I have a question concerning the radio roms posted. I have tried them all and the one that seems to work the best is the Telus rom 1.04.5 that is posted. These are the readings I am getting and I never, ever have full bars. I don't know if it is the rom I am using or what but I would like some input.

Cell: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Aliant/Bell Mobility (located in Atlantic Canada)
Rom: MightRom 6
Radio Rom: Telus 1.04.05
Field Test Results:
Rx Power -81 dbm (This goes as high as -92 dbm)
Rx Ec/Io 14 dbm
Rx FER 0.00

Thanks!
Lucky .. I also live in Atlantic Canada and I'll be luck to hry Rx Power of -92 with ANY of these radios.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro retired now touch pro 2 n imagio
Carrier: metropcs

domrep2000 is a n00b

i downloaded the sprint stock radio 1.03.15f for my touch pro but its for the diamond when i try to flash it......can anybody help.....can i use that on the touch pro...i don't think so maybe I'm wrong.....pls let me know pm if you want... i tried almost all the radios from the new alltel and the new sprint i still don't get very good signal...the best one is the Verizon but it drains my battery...
Old 10-24-2009, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by domrep2000 View Post
i downloaded the sprint stock radio 1.03.15f for my touch pro but its for the diamond when i try to flash it......can anybody help.....can i use that on the touch pro...i don't think so maybe I'm wrong.....pls let me know pm if you want... i tried almost all the radios from the new alltel and the new sprint i still don't get very good signal...the best one is the Verizon but it drains my battery...
all the radios in the first post are for the touch pro. sounds like you downloaded it from somewhere else.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

I have tried the 1.12.34 radio here in SA and the reception has been poor. I am now back to the telus 1.04
Old 10-27-2009, 04:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

papastompy is a n00b

Hello to all. I Just spent the better part of my evening going through this post and wanted to thank all who contributed to this fun first time endeavor of mine. I'm in Anaheim/Beuna Park, CA area on Sprint with a newer TP(old one had usual keyboard problem) with radio version 1.12.34F and updated stock ROM 2.01.xx. Thought I'd give it a try to 1) unlock my phone, then 2) use a different radio, went with Verizon 1.03.09V and so far it seems to be working a touch better.

In the few hours that I've changed it, I've noticed my battery isn't as hot as before, my signal is still as good as stock radio, if not a little bit better, and when teathered to my netbook, it seems to have a faster page search/less lag.

So thank you once again, I was a bit nervous but now I'm thinking of doing a custom ROM change in the near future. This was such an easy thing to do, especially with all the info you provided. I look forward to more tweaks in the future.
-S.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

Here in Calgary I get a better signal in my basement than any other with the Sprint 1.12.34F.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by papastompy View Post
Hello to all. I Just spent the better part of my evening going through this post and wanted to thank all who contributed to this fun first time endeavor of mine. I'm in Anaheim/Beuna Park, CA area on Sprint with a newer TP(old one had usual keyboard problem) with radio version 1.12.34F and updated stock ROM 2.01.xx. Thought I'd give it a try to 1) unlock my phone, then 2) use a different radio, went with Verizon 1.03.09V and so far it seems to be working a touch better.

In the few hours that I've changed it, I've noticed my battery isn't as hot as before, my signal is still as good as stock radio, if not a little bit better, and when teathered to my netbook, it seems to have a faster page search/less lag.

So thank you once again, I was a bit nervous but now I'm thinking of doing a custom ROM change in the near future. This was such an easy thing to do, especially with all the info you provided. I look forward to more tweaks in the future.
-S.
Definitely try the custom ROM. i too was nervous at first, didn't want to mess up my phone, but the things these chefs are doing with the different ROMS makes it like you have a brand new phone! I flash all the time now.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

does radio effect EVDO?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development