PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Just to let anyone in the Wichita Falls, TX Area know that using the latest Verizon Radio gave me the best internet speeds. Sprint was consistent of 1.3 - 1.5 megs and I went to Verizion to get it a test. At first it was at 1.1-1.3 megs but after updating the PRL it jumped 2 megs!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost

redgurl12 is a n00b

Hello. I have a Sprint HTC Touch Pro activated on Boost CDMA. Sprint does not have good coverage where I live, but I do know verizon does. So I wanted to know since I am using an unlocked phone on boost network would the verizon radio work for me?

BTW I live in Georgia. Verizon network is pretty much the best thing here, but their prices aren't.

Last edited by redgurl12; 02-03-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-03-2010, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgurl12 View Post
Hello. I have a Sprint HTC Touch Pro activated on Boost CDMA. Sprint does not have good coverage where I live, but I do know verizon does. So I wanted to know since I am using an unlocked phone on boost network would the verizon radio work for me?

BTW I live in Georgia. Verizon network is pretty much the best thing here, but their prices aren't.
As was stated here, any of these radios should work for you fine. There are labeled as released by carrier, but actually run carrier independant. Try a few, and use the one that works best for you in your area. Really, it could end up being any of them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Lurker

redgurl12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
As was stated here, any of these radios should work for you fine. There are labeled as released by carrier, but actually run carrier independant. Try a few, and use the one that works best for you in your area. Really, it could end up being any of them.

Ok thanx. I think maybe u understood my question wrong. I guess it dosen't matter if my service is prepaid or not I could still use any radio on my phone. =D>
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Ok thanx. I think maybe u understood my question wrong. I guess it dosen't matter if my service is prepaid or not I could still use any radio on my phone. =D>
these radio roms that are available in this thread do not change what network or tower you use. Flashing the verizon radio rom will not make your phone use the verizon network or towers.

Last edited by razorloves; 02-03-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Lurker

redgurl12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
these radio roms that are available in this thread do not change what network or tower you use. Flashing the verizon radio rom will not make your phone use the verizon network or towers.

Ok now I am confused. There was an unlocked htc touch pro phone posted on ebay saying he could change the radios. this is the link (well nevermind this site won't let me post the link).

He said qoute, "Next, like I said the phone is unlocked. You can change the radios via data cable and actually run off of Verizon towers if you do not receive Sprint Service in your area but still be on Sprint's network!"

Now r u saying that this is not true and u cant do this?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ok now I am confused. There was an unlocked htc touch pro phone posted on ebay saying he could change the radios. this is the link (well nevermind this site won't let me post the link).

He said qoute, "Next, like I said the phone is unlocked. You can change the radios via data cable and actually run off of Verizon towers if you do not receive Sprint Service in your area but still be on Sprint's network!"

Now r u saying that this is not true and u cant do this?
Like this, think of the radio in your car or house. It receives the same signal all the other radios do. From the same stations-96.5, 102.3, 88.9, whatever. If you buy a new radio, you may get better reception, but just cause you get a new radio doesn't mean you can pick up stations-like TV-that the RADIO isn't programmed to receive. Just cause you change your phone radio, doesn't mean you can go from say, Alltel to Verizon.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Lurker

redgurl12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey31545 View Post
Like this, think of the radio in your car or house. It receives the same signal all the other radios do. From the same stations-96.5, 102.3, 88.9, whatever. If you buy a new radio, you may get better reception, but just cause you get a new radio doesn't mean you can pick up stations-like TV-that the RADIO isn't programmed to receive. Just cause you change your phone radio, doesn't mean you can go from say, Alltel to Verizon.

u know that COMPLETELY makes sence to me now. thank u very much for clarifying that for me. silly me i thought i was gonna get some great coverage in my house now with that radio.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

Question: my phone is sending calls straight to voicemail about half the time. Is this a radio issue?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
u know that COMPLETELY makes sence to me now. thank u very much for clarifying that for me. silly me i thought i was gonna get some great coverage in my house now with that radio.
Your signal may be better, but just cause you change radios doesn't mean you will pull off of other carriers towers unless they are shared. I believe Alltel and Verizon share some, but not all. Guess what I'm saying is that if you install a Sprint, Verizon, Telus radio on an Alltel phone, doesn't mean you will get the specific carriers service for that area.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development