View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 AM
sumo911
Halfway to VIP Status

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
someone asked this before but (to be quite honest) i don't know the release dates of them all.
however, i don't think that the release date really matters because the software you flash changes how the hardware radio in your phone acts. it doesn't fix or add anything that a previous radio didn't have... (someone could get better results in their area with the oldest radio than with the newest)
Understood. I just assumed that, in situations where a carrier releases multiple versions of a radio for the same device, was indicative of some sort of tweaking or, I would hope, improvements to its functionality. I understand radio performance tends to be location based, but what would be the purpose behind a carrier spending the money and effort to release different builds if it were not for improvement's sake? Just something Ive always wondered.

Thanks for your great work.