PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
um....youd only be tethering if you were using the internet connection from your phone to browse on your computer. Just...use your home internet instead of your phone. Connecting your phone for activesync shouldn't be counted as tethering, I don't even see my data connection active when I connect USB to my computer for activesync
I believe this is correct. Only internet sharing is going to be refered to as tethering data that a carrier will bill someone for. There are ways to get around this issue. I have looked at a couple different programs /tweaks that will make the data usage from tethering appear as browser data to prevent the carrier man from wanting more $$$$. Let me do a goog to see what I come up with again.

So Far PdaNet is a non freeware utility that I have found that will help users that are going to be tethering and need to avoid the carrier mans additional fees.

Im sure there are other options as well....

Last edited by Whotahn; 10-20-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Finally on 10/14. It will be interesting to see what he updates.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Bell

macaroo is a n00b

RE: Tethering when I don't want to be tethered.
This is what I know.
I ran Hard SPL and unlocked the phone. / Flashed up to OCt 13 Photon Build
ok so at this point what I am hearing is that there really is no 'way' to determine if when you are synced with PC whether or not you are tethering.
There is an app in the tweaks menu called TouchPro Tweak. In there are some data tweaks that refer to modem. this is the only place i Can assume that the phone is becoming tethered without wanting to do so.
  • Disconnect After: 1 minute
  • Always On> Phone as Modem: Disabled
  • Always On> Data: Disabled
  • Enabled> Phone as Modem: Disabled
  • Enabled> Data: Enabled
all I know is that unless I can actually see what the hell the data is doing when I connect the phone, how can i determine what is going on?
FYI-I did call bell obviously and ask what the deal was..
my data suddenly went from Sept 26 of Mobile Browser to just data, whereby now it was incurring fees each time. any help at this point would be appreciated, I jsut don't really have a hardon for another 200.00 phone bill next month.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J.T. is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroo View Post
RE: Tethering when I don't want to be tethered.
This is what I know.
I ran Hard SPL and unlocked the phone. / Flashed up to OCt 13 Photon Build
ok so at this point what I am hearing is that there really is no 'way' to determine if when you are synced with PC whether or not you are tethering.
There is an app in the tweaks menu called TouchPro Tweak. In there are some data tweaks that refer to modem. this is the only place i Can assume that the phone is becoming tethered without wanting to do so.
  • Disconnect After: 1 minute
  • Always On> Phone as Modem: Disabled
  • Always On> Data: Disabled
  • Enabled> Phone as Modem: Disabled
  • Enabled> Data: Enabled
all I know is that unless I can actually see what the hell the data is doing when I connect the phone, how can i determine what is going on?
FYI-I did call bell obviously and ask what the deal was..
my data suddenly went from Sept 26 of Mobile Browser to just data, whereby now it was incurring fees each time. any help at this point would be appreciated, I jsut don't really have a hardon for another 200.00 phone bill next month.
PAM disabled...you aren't tethering, it's something else

I would call and say, "I don't know what tethering is, how exactly do you propose that I'm doing it?"

Last edited by J.T.; 10-20-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Bell

macaroo is a n00b

I have spoken to Bell.. for over 2 hours.. where they needed 45 minutes to determine that it is apparently tethering. They can't really figure out what is being done other than the charges show as coming from my phone and as being data. total BS.
the line on my bill goes from Mobile Browser to Data.
Type | Details
Brwsr Mobile Browser
Brwsr Mobile Browser
Brwsr Mobile Browser
Pkt Data
Pkt Data
Pkt Data
Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone know how to get back the PRL update that was in 10/13 there is no prl update in 10/14. .i tired the sprint cab that posted a couple of pages back it does not work.. i'm on USCC and the prl update in 10/13 solved my data issues.. with 10/14 i cant get data to work
Old 10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuge123 View Post
k, so... whats the verdic, will we get a manila 2.5 for our TP or should i go ahead and buy a new phone?
Get a new phone.
Eventually 2.5 will probably make it to the TP/Diamond phones but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I am sorry and I know this is a repost. But I just realize that with this latest flush my on screen keyboard is missing the space bar when I am adding a new contact. Basically the keyboard looks like the one for web page entering, with .com and / instead of space bar. I know I saw it somewhere before, but I am having a tough time searching for that specific post. Could someone help me out?
AFAIK, this is a quirk with the Action Soft Key only. It happens on mine but I dont use the Action key so NBD for me. No one posted a "fix" that I know of, besides "use a different keyboard". Are you seeing it when you enter a new contact from say, Touchflo? You shouldn't be. If you are having issues outside the Action screen then you may want to hard reset and see if that fixes it, or of course use the QWERTY

Edit: haha "flush"-that's not a very nice description of the Chef's work I assume you meant "flash".

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-20-2009 at 04:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:47 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
cool thanks.. ima check it.
Found some nice colored themes all cabed up.
The pink one looks like what you would like.

I have not tested any of these so post back if you do.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513024

Added something extra for you that I just threw together.
Pink and green text in the Home screen and Messaging.
Flip the clock up on the Home tab and it turns pink also.

Test it and let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TF3D pink and green text.cab (9.3 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-20-2009 at 04:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
AFAIK, this is a quirk with the Action Soft Key only. It happens on mine but I dont use the Action key so NBD for me. No one posted a "fix" that I know of, besides "use a different keyboard". Are you seeing it when you enter a new contact from say, Touchflo? You shouldn't be. If you are having issues outside the Action screen then you may want to hard reset and see if that fixes it, or of course use the QWERTY

yeah it only occurs when trying to add a contact thru action. I use QWERTY and this is the first time it's happened to me. No big deal, flash dance here I come. hahahaha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro