View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
um....youd only be tethering if you were using the internet connection from your phone to browse on your computer. Just...use your home internet instead of your phone. Connecting your phone for activesync shouldn't be counted as tethering, I don't even see my data connection active when I connect USB to my computer for activesync
I believe this is correct. Only internet sharing is going to be refered to as tethering data that a carrier will bill someone for. There are ways to get around this issue. I have looked at a couple different programs /tweaks that will make the data usage from tethering appear as browser data to prevent the carrier man from wanting more $$$$. Let me do a goog to see what I come up with again.

So Far PdaNet is a non freeware utility that I have found that will help users that are going to be tethering and need to avoid the carrier mans additional fees.

Im sure there are other options as well....

Last edited by Whotahn; 10-20-2009 at 03:59 PM.