PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

I am sorry and I know this is a repost. But I just realize that with this latest flush my on screen keyboard is missing the space bar when I am adding a new contact. Basically the keyboard looks like the one for web page entering, with .com and / instead of space bar. I know I saw it somewhere before, but I am having a tough time searching for that specific post. Could someone help me out?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
If you use the registry editor and backup SPB keys you can import them right back and you won't have to set everything back up again.
The keys tell SPB shell where to put everything and you won't even have to soft reset device.
Just so you know.
I use sashimi to auto install my apps and setup my multiple email accounts as well. Didnt even try backing up the SPB keys yet. We will see. May flip flop between TF and MS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Hey thestick00,

What is the latest version of sashimi? I was trying to find it. I was looking for a program that would do what you just described.

Thanks.

One question though, if I flash a new ROM (say the new Photon Rom when its released), and then I use sashimi, will it merge/append the registry data or will it wipe out new ROM settings, registry keys etc?

Oh and is there any software that does the same for Manila Settings/Contacts/Program Favs etc?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Hey thestick00,

What is the latest version of sashimi? I was trying to find it. I was looking for a program that would do what you just described.

Thanks.

One question though, if I flash a new ROM (say the new Photon Rom when its released), and then I use sashimi, will it merge/append the registry data or will it wipe out new ROM settings, registry keys etc?

Oh and is there any software that does the same for Manila Settings/Contacts/Program Favs etc?
http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4
that's the website you can download the latest sashimi. It will replace what's there with whatever you put into your sashimi. If you confirm it's worked before, it will work after the flash. best way to check is to use sashimi before you flash to make sure it will make the necessary changes to your directory, reg and so on. Then you just flash, and run sashimi to load you back up where you were.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:33 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4
that's the website you can download the latest sashimi. It will replace what's there with whatever you put into your sashimi. If you confirm it's worked before, it will work after the flash. best way to check is to use sashimi before you flash to make sure it will make the necessary changes to your directory, reg and so on. Then you just flash, and run sashimi to load you back up where you were.
make sure you register with that site before you attempt to find the download link or you never will find it........... Just a hint.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
make sure you register with that site before you attempt to find the download link or you never will find it........... Just a hint.
hahaha, that's true. But anyone with any familiarities about forums should know that............. right???????
Old 10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA

macaroo is a n00b

Is there a way to completely disable tethering or any semblance of it on the Photon OCt 13 build. I have a 120.00 bill now for a whopping 12mb of data that i charged for unknowingly. Since unlocking/flashing I am now tethering or similar everytime i activesync my phone. Completely F@(&*ed.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J.T. is just getting started

um....youd only be tethering if you were using the internet connection from your phone to browse on your computer. Just...use your home internet instead of your phone. Connecting your phone for activesync shouldn't be counted as tethering, I don't even see my data connection active when I connect USB to my computer for activesync
Old 10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtology View Post
I hate to have to correct you on this one, but no, there is no fix to revert programs tab to 3 columns and all programs sub menu to single. The only fix there related to this is the one to set start programs to 3 columns but that is not what I'm looking for. Is there anyone out there that can figure this out?
You didn't read my post did you? ...it has the information you're looking for. Well, kinda - I don't know of a specific "cab" that will do what you want, but you might be able to figure it out. PM me if you need to follow up on it. ...but read my post.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA

macaroo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
um....youd only be tethering if you were using the internet connection from your phone to browse on your computer. Just...use your home internet instead of your phone. Connecting your phone for activesync shouldn't be counted as tethering, I don't even see my data connection active when I connect USB to my computer for activesync
I have always assumed the same!!! grrrr. but for some reason it seems that everytime now since flashing that i connect my phone to computer to either charge or sync, I end up getting billed as tethering. HENCE my question and still remains... How can I be sure that I am NOT tethering or similar when synced to the computer. I'm afraid to plug the damn thing back in. at 8.00 a meg..its an expensive exercise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro