PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
This new one has the same issue as 9/6 - where the 'end call' soft button crashes the dialer, and the call continues...

Too bad... back to 8/11 I go.
The dialer works fine, IMO, with normal usage. If I remember your issue correctly, you found dialer crashes when you tried to end an accidental call too quickly, pushing end before the call connects. I can reproduce your issue with 920 but IMO this is a dialer or user issue, not ROM. If you find 811 works for you and that specific circumstance then that sounds like the build for you. Glad you still get to enjoy Energy!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erkme73 is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Still on 9/6 and my call end works perfectly.
I actually had more issues with 8/11 than 9/6.
Weird

I'm pretty sure it's the slide application. On 8/11 it wasn't there. On 9/6 and this latest one it's there. After placing the all you have to slide down to unlock options like mute... if I slide down and THEN click the end-call soft key, it works perfectly. It's only if I click the end-call with the gray slide cover still up that causes the crash.

Is there no way to turn this lock off?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprrrint

MercuryHayes is just getting started

yeah i was getting ready to back up my contacts..then BOOM...nothing
Old 09-20-2009, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero

bradgordie is a n00b

There is something I noticed on the 9/6 ROM that I can't seem to get working on the 9/20 ROM. When I flashed the 9/6 ROM the lock screen was a generic grey/black numeric pad. After some time (resets, phone calls etc.) the lock screen changed in to a much more appealing numeric pad. I have been messing around with the 9/20 ROM and can't find where to change to the latter numeric pad. I think this also changed the in call screen to more colorful buttons also. I downloaded and flashed the standard 9/20 from the SD card. I have followed all instructions on flashing and have only set up my exchange account and the logins for facebook, google maps, etc. No programs or tweaks have been done. I am just guessing that this will eventually change just like the 9/6 but I have been messing with it all day and can't seem to get it off the generic pad. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrsato is a n00b

Is it just me or is the link to an empty folder?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erkme73 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The dialer works fine, IMO, with normal usage. If I remember your issue correctly, you found dialer crashes when you tried to end an accidental call too quickly, pushing end before the call connects. I can reproduce your issue with 920 but IMO this is a dialer or user issue, not ROM. If you find 811 works for you and that specific circumstance then that sounds like the build for you. Glad you still get to enjoy Energy!
Well, what I thought was the sliding application, turns out not to be the case. It is, in fact, as you pointed out - the delay in the call connection. By the time the gray slider drops out of the way, the call is connected, and it works every time. It's just a timing issue. Clicking end (soft or hard) key before the connection is complete crashes it every time.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21

anyone know how i could add favorite website links to the favorites folder in the startup menu of this rom? all thats there is nrgz28 twitter...id like to add myspace, facebook, ppcgeeks...blah blah blah...anyone help?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

Jackrm9 is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Maybe try to right click and save link as.... cab
It works here and others have downloaded them as well.
What browser are you using?
Try to download them again and let me know.

That work never needed 2 do that b4 ...learn something new every day lol thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: vzw

mickeyx323 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
hmm mine updated as long as my phone was connected to the interenet...but if it isnt then it wont update.
Ok I figured it out. I had to install NFSFAN's alltel provisioning cab and it worked.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx323 View Post
Ok I figured it out. I had to install NFSFAN's alltel provisioning cab and it worked.
ok i have sprint, what should i do lol...and is your world clock working with mylocation and if it is how did you do it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro