PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

t803329x is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

omg! i need it now!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

michaeljbedard is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

NRGZ28 is the man. Thank you for so much time and effort you put into your work.

Quick opinion I would like from everyone. Love my TP, but I am torn between upgrading to the TP2 or switching over to the Hero. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljbedard View Post
NRGZ28 is the man. Thank you for so much time and effort you put into your work.

Quick opinion I would like from everyone. Love my TP, but I am torn between upgrading to the TP2 or switching over to the Hero. Thanks.
I have to say, man, reading the specs of the Touch Pro http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html and the Touch Pro 2 http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html what more are you really getting? Besides a bigger, tilting, WVGA screen (3.6 on the TP2 and 2.8 VGA on the TP) and a 1500 mah battery (which you can get for a Touch Pro from Seidio), there's really not much there that's worth spending the $350 on, and that's if you're qualified for an upgrade. Why get a new phone when the one you already have can do the same things as the new one? It's like going from a Ford Taurus to a Mercury Sable. They're the same car, but the Merc's got some woodgrain that makes it a little more fancy. For that much money, I want more than just a screen thats 4/5 of an inch bigger diagonally and an extra 12 minutes of talk time. No need to flame, just my two cents on that one.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I have to say, man, reading the specs of the Touch Pro http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html and the Touch Pro 2 http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html what more are you really getting? Besides a bigger, tilting, WVGA screen (3.6 on the TP2 and 2.8 VGA on the TP) and a 1500 mah battery (which you can get for a Touch Pro from Seidio), there's really not much there that's worth spending the $350 on, and that's if you're qualified for an upgrade. Why get a new phone when the one you already have can do the same things as the new one? It's like going from a Ford Taurus to a Mercury Sable. They're the same car, but the Merc's got some woodgrain that makes it a little more fancy. For that much money, I want more than just a screen thats 4/5 of an inch bigger diagonally and an extra 12 minutes of talk time. No need to flame, just my two cents on that one.
Couldn't agree more.

If the TP2 had a Tegra (or even Snapdragon proc) inside and an OLED screen, then I'd probably be the first one in line to upgrade to one, but as it stands, I share your exact sentiments.

The larger screen is nice, but does not justify a $350/$425 upgrade fee from a TP, which is virtually identical specs wise.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

I personally think there's a very noticable difference. I have a touch pro, and my best friend got a TP2, and the screen is a good 20-25% larger, sure the res is only so much wider in pixels, but the size is very noticably bigger. As well as the keyboard is SO much easier to type as the keys are bigger too and less BUBBLE feel, more flatter. But no light for picture's surprisingly!! Nice to have but not the end of the world. And he registry hacked to get his FM Tuner working just fine, wish mine had one. And video conferencing too, unlike my TP1. HOWEVER, agreeing with others about the price difference, i will DEFINITELY get one myself, but i will surely wait a while til i can get a cheap one off eBay or something. That is a heavy price difference!!

Last edited by djdafreund; 09-05-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.T. is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
Couldn't agree more.

If the TP2 had a Tegra (or even Snapdragon proc) inside and an OLED screen, then I'd probably be the first one in line to upgrade to one, but as it stands, I share your exact sentiments.

The larger screen is nice, but does not justify a $350/$425 upgrade fee from a TP, which is virtually identical specs wise.
I agree, I won't be upgrading until windows 7 most likely. And even then I'll be looking for something like a snapdragon processor and a capacitive touch screen.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:01 AM
N00b

jagojago is a n00b

How can I get a custom background working with this ROM? I tried selecting a different pic that I put on the phone, but I just get a black background. No matter what I do now, I still get the black background even after trying to go back to the energy ROM theme. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

I flashed this rom tonight hoping that i'd get better results but still i am getting a screen that looks like this. All i did was install backgroundforalltabs and a different slider. As you can see, my clock is messed up and the selected icon is blacked out. Anyone know why or how to fix this?

Old 09-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
I flashed this rom tonight hoping that i'd get better results but still i am getting a screen that looks like this. All i did was install backgroundforalltabs and a different slider. As you can see, my clock is messed up and the selected icon is blacked out. Anyone know why or how to fix this?
Are any of the mods you made Manilla 2.0 mods? They generally wont work in 2.1.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

i really have no idea... i guess that would probably be the issue!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro