PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Hmmm pretty soon this ROM will be too bug free and I'll have nothing to do.... I think I'm gonan break a few things in the next release just to keep you guys busy with.... something! lol

Oh by the way... anybody using the RD version ? I got a cab to send you to fix the smearing of contacts when scrolling in it
Hey NRG, Just thought I would say first, I love the hell out of yer roms. However, I have noticed that the last few ROMS freeze up completely with the installation of one very useful app. The app is Phone Fusion Voicemail Plus . This program brings back the use of Visual Voicemail, for blackberrys, and Windows Mobile Devices. I gotta have the app, but I just wish your roms would work with it. I was wondering if you or any of your buddies, could look at the app (It's free btw) and figure out why your ROM Dies with this app. Thankx
Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

The Tachi dialer port would be a winner IF it worked in landscape mode. The TF3D2 port works great in landscape, but when I was using ROMs with TF3D2 and the Tachi dialer, I'd get a call while the device was in landscape mode in my car and Tachi dialer would totally mess everything up and put things in portrait. I'd have to take the device out the car holder, close it and open the keyboard again just to get things back to landscape. Then put the device back into the car holder again hoping no more calls would come in while I was driving. It was becoming unsafe to drive while using the Tachi dialer. I prefer landscape mode in the car, because I can use the full keyboard more easily when the device is in the car holder and yes I try to wait till I'm not moving to use the keyboard. Also, having the keyboard open helps keep my device from overheating, so it will keep charging. I'm often using the Music tab to play music and Garmin Mobile XT at the same time when driving. With the RD version of the ROM it all works out great for me.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

workindev is a n00b

For those who are still having problems with the slide to answer, here is another solution. My exchange policy requires my phone to lock every 20 minutes, but when the phone is locked I only have a 50/50 chance of being able to answer an incoming call with out the slide to answer freezing. The attached cab that I found will modify your registry so you can go into your lock settings and adjust the time to lock up to 24 hours. Your exchange server may regularly push out the security settings, so you may have to run this cab regularly to keep pushing out the lock time.

If the phone isn't locked, I don't have any problem answering the phone.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee.com Stay Unlock.cab (9.4 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by workindev View Post
For those who are still having problems with the slide to answer, here is another solution. My exchange policy requires my phone to lock every 20 minutes, but when the phone is locked I only have a 50/50 chance of being able to answer an incoming call with out the slide to answer freezing. The attached cab that I found will modify your registry so you can go into your lock settings and adjust the time to lock up to 24 hours. Your exchange server may regularly push out the security settings, so you may have to run this cab regularly to keep pushing out the lock time.

If the phone isn't locked, I don't have any problem answering the phone.

I can confirm this cab doesn`t fix the issue.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:42 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ouch....battery life is not there. Went to the gym for an hr and did about 10 or so text and a 5min phone call. dropped almost 20% battery
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

workindev is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
I can confirm this cab doesn`t fix the issue.
No, this doesn't fix the issue. It is a workaround to minimize the impact of the issue.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Ouch....battery life is not there. Went to the gym for an hr and did about 10 or so text and a 5min phone call. dropped almost 20% battery
The ROM's overall battery life is good, although early indications may appear to show it's bad because of quickly losing an initial 10-20%. But try using it an entire day as you would any other ROM and see how it performs during the full course of a day.

I've found, when used for a day like any other ROM, the battery life overall is just fine. At the end of the day, I find I'm sometimes doing better on battery than with some other ROMs I've tried.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that EnergyROM does not automatically close the data connection. So if you make sure to close the data connection after you're done using it via Communications Manager, you'll probably do fine on battery during the course of a day.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
The ROM's overall battery life is good, although early indications may appear to show it's bad because of quickly losing an initial 10-20%. But try using it an entire day as you would any other ROM and see how it performs during the full course of a day.

I've found, when used for a day like any other ROM, the battery life overall is just fine. At the end of the day, I find I'm sometimes doing better on battery than with some other ROMs I've tried.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that EnergyROM does not automatically close the data connection. So if you make sure to close the data connection after you're done using it via Communications Manager, you'll probably do fine on battery during the course of a day.
that is true, iv notice the same thing through out the day
ThreeFaces

In case anyone was curious what that hidden slider looks like...dude, it's glooooorious.

...to really drive this home, does anyone know if there's a simple edit to get another appointment to display under the clock?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hidden slider.jpg (100.9 KB, 129 views) Click for barcode!
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post

Nah, i've never had a rom to close data out. my data is always on on any ROM. So data being on/off doesn't matter.

And this percentage drop was from 75% before gym and about 60% after gym. At 53% now without doing anything, but that's probably b/c i have crap signal in my apt.

The ROM isn't playing nice with a few of my staple programs either. Vito SMS and Pocketshield particularly. I've had to soft reset twice b/c screen wouldn't come back on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro