PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

So back to the topic at hand. I seem to have a bug problem, and RAID is just not cutting it. Randomly my email will open when Im doing something totally not associated with email. I think it might be popping open when it syncs. But its only my gmail and not my yahoo. Anyone else experience this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTP TP
Carrier: VZW

tlower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

alright Im having issues making calls...Im on verizon running a fresh energy rom install and i have to dial my area code every time i make a call now. can not dial *228 because it is asking to dial the area code. any ideas on what i need to do to correct this so i do not have to keep dialing my local area code? thanks in advance...

Last edited by tlower; 07-16-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Never mind!!! Just changed the NAM settings...Fixed.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:23 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
So back to the topic at hand. I seem to have a bug problem, and RAID is just not cutting it. Randomly my email will open when Im doing something totally not associated with email. I think it might be popping open when it syncs. But its only my gmail and not my yahoo. Anyone else experience this?
not me. i have gmail too and iv never seen or heard that before, but yeah i would like to know why as well in case it does happen.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

dyl4n is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
It came from Juicys ROM. Juicy badged it for a reason. He did extensive work on it. Although obviously NRG didn't think so enough to give him thanks.
Well said Mike, actions like this are ruining this community. And this is not the first time it has happened.

Especially if your mainly fueled by donations I think it's crucial to give credit where credit is due when it's not your own work your accepting donations for.

Hope this will get resolved peacefully.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

My 2 cnts... Take it with a lick of salt.

First things first, I agree with Juicy and if NRGZ used his packages with knowledge, then he should give him credit.

At the same time...

ALL YOU CHEFS CAN BE WHINNY LITTLE GIRLS SOMETIMES.
Period.

We are all grateful for the work you do for us and the community. But at the same time, The bickering and the infighting and the pointing of fingers isnt really necessary, let alone should be made public.

When Mighty Mouse made a Half booty rom and I put him out there for it... him and his butt lickers crucified me... because i pointed out the fact that he renamed his thread without releasing an updated ROM. Jerk.

And when Juicy builds bleeding edge roms without fixing the simple problems from the build before and someone puts him out there, he and his royal followers crucify the person.

NRGZ even got on my backside for telling him that he should talk to Juicy about fixing some Manila issues that he managed to fix.

You guys all need to understand that we are a family... Here for each other, not to be at each others throats.

Honestly Juicy/Mike - Take it to PM and stop being such girls.
NRGZ, dont be such a tightwad and give credit where is due.

Lil-Rico... Honestly... Your pretty damn good at what you do and your not much of a self rightous jerk.. so keep up the good work.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways

Last edited by rawdikrik; 07-16-2009 at 05:23 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well said
Old 07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Alright boys & girls, lets keep all the arguing, drama, and non-rom entertainment in this thread over here where it belongs.

Juicy47, I gave u double thanks for requesting some credit but to be honest, NRGz seems to be a very arrogant chef so I don't think he will give in, he slammed me weeks ago when I jokingly got mad at him blaming his older rom for making me an hour late to work. I brushed it off my shoulders though and think nothing of it. Honestly I don't see anywhere in this thread where he thanks anyone except Da_G & cmylxgo who are probably his best friends, it's not like he's thanking the guys that ported the rhodium here (I haven't read the gsm xda thread so I may be wrong) or anyone else who may have had a hand in the software he's using. NRG has a big kitchen with a lot of roms for a lot of devices that he keeps us all up to date rather well, so I got to say thanks to him as well.

Anyway, I'd like to get this thread back on topic and let's discuss this Mercury rom. I've been running it for the past 24 hours and I gotta say I really like it, it's one of my top 2 wm6.5 roms, but here's a few things I found that are worth mentioning that I like a lot, and few things I don't, and then a few bugs I'm experiencing.

the good:
THANK YOU for fixing the stupid g-sensor rotating my screen all the time, the only time I noticed my screen rotating by itself was in opera, is there anyway to blacklist the opera g-sensor in this rom?

My start>settings menu stays there after closing a settings window I just opened, w00t!!

Pandora steams perfect and it seems like it switches songs even faster now, and I didn't have to modify any TCP window settings in this rom.

The HQ wallpaper cab works great and looks good, but how can we select our own wallpaper for all tabs? And can someone tell me how to change the start menu wallpaper?

Random Access appears great in everything it belongs on!

Finally, touch pro tweak actually lets me re-assign my left & RIGHT! home softkeys, awesome!

PRI update in connections worked, updated my PRI from 1.47 to 1.53 today (what's a PRI anyway?)

the bad:
PRI downgraged my PRL to 60613, both PRL update and Profile update (built in to rom) did not work for me resulting in error 407, but I was able to install the sprint OCS cab from the addons folder in the mirror and update my PRL back to 60652 after running it twice from settings>system, so no biggie there. Update profile now works after installing that cab too.

GPS takes over 30 seconds to lock (I've already tried quickgps & enable a-gps) I'm using the latest 1.12.31F radio and last night just before flashing I tested this radio with dcd 1.11 rom and it only took 10seconds to lock indoors without the help of quickgps, theres gotta be a simple fix for this in the registry.

Opera randomly kills itself (not fully but will hide from task manager and when I relaunch opera it acts like it was minimized taking me back to what I last looked at).

I still can't disable the startup sound, I tried disabling in advance config and tp tweak and nothing, the wav listed in one the apps says its bootuphtc.wav in my windows dir but I just checked that wav and it sounds like the stock Sprint ringer, definately not the sound I'm hearing after soft-resets, where can I delete or disable the loud boot sound? (my 4 month old baby is 24 inches from my phone right now and if I soft-reset I gotta sit on my phone during bootup to muffle the sound, lol).

My data transfering icon in taskbar looks like its half the resolution 50% of the time.

G-alarm didn't play the right wav this morning (I'll see if it does tomorrow).

And now for the real bad bug that KILLS me, it seems to have followed me from psyki's rom because it does this all the time on that rom too:
BUG: Under Sounds & Notifications> Notifications> Reminders, I check the box for Display message on screen, twice today it has unchecked itself! grrrrr, wtf? anyone else experiencing this yet? The last energyrom I ran would remain checked and that was the best thing about the rom for me because I have a minimum of 8 reminders a day that I must make phone calls for on the dot, if the reminder can just pop up like I left it in the settings I can hit dismiss easily and make the call, if it keeps reverting to unchecked I must click the taskbar, then click dismiss all or place my call while the reminder is still going off and lag my dialing badly. I don't know if I explained this too clearly but I just want my calender reminders to display on screen when they go off, the 707 energy rom didn't have that problem at all.

requests in future roms
i would like to see ezinput 2.1 (theres an xda thread with packages out now)
better ringtones
nice startup animation
better startup sound or none at all
g-alarm 1.5.1 cooked in
the option to load stock 6.5 4 color wait icon or the new energy one (i like the new one, but i loved the 6.5 for some reason cuz i was so tired of the 6.1 i guess)

well thats it for now, anyway, thanks NRGZ this rom is definately heading in the right direction

Last edited by t0mmyr; 07-16-2009 at 05:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

dobest is a n00b

Running Mercury, twice I have seen "SSMaHo Autostart failed..."

Someone much earlier in this thread reported same in 0709 release.

Installed on top of ROM:
G-Alarm
Glassclock V2
Psyki Glass Manila Theme
DrzNight Stop Blink

NRGZ, once again a kick butt release, phone if faster then ever!

Last edited by dobest; 07-16-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro, touch pro 2, hd2, evo
Carrier: sprint, t-mobile

jrmatics is keeping up the good workjrmatics is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to jrmatics
Angry Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Wow!!!! Speachless
Old 07-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro, touch pro 2, hd2, evo
Carrier: sprint, t-mobile

jrmatics is keeping up the good workjrmatics is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to jrmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmatics View Post
Wow!!!! Speachless
anyway keep up the good work NRGZ, really appreciate it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro