PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: NRG Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robbor6386 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

After searching I have a question that has yet to be fully answered

-Is there any way to get the call history back on the manilla homescreen? Or is there any way to view call history from somewhere else with the timestamp etc..?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbor6386 View Post

-Is there any way to get the call history back on the manilla homescreen? Or is there any way to view call history from somewhere else with the timestamp etc..?

Thanks
i was asking this myself also...maybe a cab. to change the homescreen like it was before??
Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Thanks

Besides it showing up like normal on the home screen when there are missed calls, you can get to the call history by going to Contacts from the right soft-key (if you didn't change it after flashing) or by going to Phone > Contacts and then however you got there, the rightmost tab at the bottom of 'Contacts' is 'Call history'. If you are looking for the regular call history screen, you can get to that one by going to Phone > Menu (right soft-key) > Call History...

Hope that helps...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Besides it showing up like normal on the home screen when there are missed calls, you can get to the call history by going to Contacts from the right soft-key (if you didn't change it after flashing) or by going to Phone > Contacts and then however you got there, the rightmost tab at the bottom of 'Contacts' is 'Call history'. If you are looking for the regular call history screen, you can get to that one by going to Phone > Menu (right soft-key) > Call History...

Hope that helps...
I tried your solutions and still havent been able to see call history btw im using 7/14 with regular dialer (RD) When i go to contacts and menu call history is not on the menu and when i go to the phone/menu/call history it lists my phone number for some reason and thats it
Old 07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Phenom1211 is becoming a great contributor

DL'ing the new 'Mercury' build now! Keep up the good work, you're the man!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I tried your solutions and still havent been able to see call history btw im using 7/14 with regular dialer (RD) When i go to contacts and menu call history is not on the menu and when i go to the phone/menu/call history it lists my phone number for some reason and thats it

Well if you are on RD than it might have some different behaviors than Standard which I am running...anyways...

The built-in windows 'Contacts' page doesn't have the tabs at the bottom for 'All People' and 'Call History, it's the enhanced one...from HTC?...part of Tachi?...not sure what to properly call it, but if you can get to that it might be there, is there a left soft-key labeled Contacts on the phone screen on the RD build? If it's there does it go to the enhanced contact page with tabs at the bottom or does it just go to the plain old contacts page? -- I have no idea why trying to load the oldschool one from the 'menu' right soft-key on the phone screen just loads your phone number...it loads the old call history screen fine on standard...

Last edited by askwhy; 07-15-2009 at 09:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Well if you are on RD than it might have some different behaviors than Standard which I am running...anyways...

The built-in windows 'Contacts' page doesn't have the tabs at the bottom for 'All People' and 'Call History, it's the enhanced one...from HTC?...part of Tachi?...not sure what to properly call it, but if you can get to that it might be there, is there a left soft-key labeled Contacts on the phone screen on the RD build? If it's there does it go to the enhanced contact page with tabs at the bottom or does it just go to the plain old contacts page? -- I have no idea why trying to load the oldschool from the 'menu' right soft-key one just loads your phone number...it loads the old call history screen fine on standard...

Ya thought that it loading my phone number was kinda weird. The windows contacts page has the tabs new and menu on the bottom on the page. In menu there is no call history option. On the phone screen there is a contacts option but it sends me to the screen that i spoke of in the previous sentence. Pretty weird but its almost a necessity to see what time calls came in and went out. Thanks for your help maybe i should give the tachi dialer another try. Last time i used it i couldnt answer phone calls but that was on previous builds.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Ya thought that it loading my phone number was kinda weird. The windows contacts page has the tabs new and menu on the bottom on the page. In menu there is no call history option. On the phone screen there is a contacts option but it sends me to the screen that i spoke of in the previous sentence. Pretty weird but its almost a necessity to see what time calls came in and went out. Thanks for your help maybe i should give the tachi dialer another try. Last time i used it i couldnt answer phone calls but that was on previous builds.

Well, it sure sounds like there may be factors preventing you from seeing the call history-- any call history -- no idea if others with RD have seen that, but it would be useful to know...

Regarding 'tabs' -- I really don't mean soft-keys (like the 'new' and 'menu' buttons you refer to) but a sort of short 'slider' like the long one on TF3D/Manila used to switch between the tabs there...those kind of tabs are at the bottom of the 'enhanced' contacts page, and I see three, one for 'All' people, one for 'Favorites', and one for 'Call History' -- but it sounds like you may not have that in the RD build so I will stop pressing the point... Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

power3dfx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by power3dfx View Post
hey everyone.. i too just switced to this from psyki to this rom and at first was loving it! its as fast as psyki3 and the 6.5 interface is nice too.

only 1 problem... i restored my sprite backup (only msgs and email) and when you click on a msg to reply everything is fine. when you hit the back button or click ok to be taken back to windows messaging inbox again, it freezes for up to 3 mins at a time!!

i have never had any problems restoring my backup with any rom before. i tried hard reset and restore to no avail. sprint touch pro.. if you have any ideas so that i can keep this wonderful rom, please reply!
an update on this since one other member had same problem but with pim backup. the txts are restored fine. it takes up to 5 mins for the long txt msg threads and as little as 10 secs for short txt threads. once loaded you can go back from wm msging to individual thread with NO delay. it seems that when you exit a thread for the 1st time it has to load everything and depending on the number of txts in that particular thread, it can take some time.

my hope was that since the lag goes away after the thread is loaded, everything would be fine. but a soft reset and everything has to be "loaded" again.

again i repeat i have flashed the phone like 20 times and used the same sprite backup to restore everytime with NO problems at all. another user had this issue (using pim backup), and now im sure its this specific rom.

really sucks!! going back to psyki 6.1
Old 07-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Well, it sure sounds like there may be factors preventing you from seeing the call history-- any call history -- no idea if others with RD have seen that, but it would be useful to know...

Regarding 'tabs' -- I really don't mean soft-keys (like the 'new' and 'menu' buttons you refer to) but a sort of short 'slider' like the long one on TF3D/Manila used to switch between the tabs there...those kind of tabs are at the bottom of the 'enhanced' contacts page, and I see three, one for 'All' people, one for 'Favorites', and one for 'Call History' -- but it sounds like you may not have that in the RD build so I will stop pressing the point... Good Luck!
Ya pretty weird thanks for trying but there is no call history in a slider that i see anywhere

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro