PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/PsykiRom
Carrier: Sprint

dboogie2288 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dboogie2288 Send a message via Yahoo to dboogie2288 Send a message via Skype™ to dboogie2288
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
ya know? this getting absolutely dumb. There was a time that people searched on this forum. there was a time that people worked to figure out their problems. Now it seems that a lot of people just want someone else to do all the work for them and then when something goes wrong you want to crucify the chef. enoughs enough. You didnt pay for the rom so you arent out anything. If being out your time is your problem then you shouldnt be playing with roms to begin with.

I even saw one person complaining that it was nrgz fault that he was late to work. While I hope you were kidding, but if you werent then yer dumb. Do you honestly expect people to believe that you can afford a touch pro, but not a watch? do you not have a microwave with a clock? what about the stereo in yer car, that has a clock, or the bus, I mean its down right silly. 28 posts almost right in a row about people not knowing how to search for the fix to the vibrating keyboard. If yer too stupid to use your computer properly, then pack it up and send it back for the return of your money.

My touch Pro works perfectly, sure, I had to make a couple of tweaks on my own but thats because of preference. Nrgz, I think your ROMS are by far, top notch. I have never been happier. They are smooth, fast, last long on the battery, and even pocketwit works again. I dont have clock issues, or freezes, or black screens. I am a firm believer that a computer is only as smart as its user. I downloaded the same ROM that the rest of you did, and Most of us have no problems. So I believe its user error, not chef error.

In closing before I step off of my soapbox, I shall say, if you want a rom that has 0 flaws, then I guess you need to stick with a stock ROM for a while. mayb then you will realize that those are even worse. which means , if you look at it, NRGZ is doing a better job that the companies you bought your phone from. if your kids acted like people do in here, you would send them to their room. All though i have a feeling that most of the whiners in here ARE kids, whos mommies and daddies spoiled them.
Speak on it ma brotha!!!

I had to have a good laugh at the dude who made a "complaint" about the time being off. First, I've never seen it off. Second, it's well documented here, along with a fix in post 2. Last, it's clearly conveyed that use of this rom is of your own free will, and your OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

Geeeez, it's just another example of how people in this country do NOT take responsibility for themselves. Dude, suck it up, you were late for work because you're dumb. You know why I'm NOT late for work? Because I have 4 alarms set, only one of those exists on my phone.

NRGZ...you're a fantastic chef. Really awesome rom. I was a mightrom fanatic prior, but this is super awesome, especially as we evolve and find more tweaks to the registry. With the battery polling, and the face down mute options tweaked, the battery life is GREAT even with bluetooth on.

One problem. Everything is as I like it right now, so don't release any new Roms....yeah, dont release anything else. We're good here.

Anyhow, continue on with the thread, but I had to back up jmy here...it had to be said.

Last edited by dboogie2288; 07-02-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
I found a fix for the HTC Album 3.0 zooming while in landscape, the module name was not entered in the registry. I'll post it later
I would love this!

Like my work? Hit
Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzachtli View Post
I noticed that this registry change caused the issue where the phone cannot be answered. The slider just sits all the way at the left at 'Answer' - the hardware keys do not respond either. Removing this change restores the phone functionality.
I'd bet money this change (vibrate on connect) didn't affect the phone/answer. Someone posted the sharedmodules version in this rom (that I requested, thanks) and it's just an older version than I am using which apparently doesn't support the vibrate feature I've been talking about.

However a certain (different) regkey is set that automatically disconnects data and that can, in my testing, affect your ability to answer the phone. I've seen the sticky "answer" in Tachi in my rom as well and I posted the regfix for it a few pages back but I'll repeat it here, feel free to test and I'm sure you'll see it works. As I mentioned when I posted this before, setting this key will disable EVDO auto-disconnect but it WILL make tachi answer every time.

Code:
[HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"SuspendResume"="#777"
It's probably set to something like this:
Code:
"SuspendResume"="GPRS_bye_if_device_off"
Of course I could be wrong but I've tested this setting and the vibrate on connect a 100 times and it always works. Hope that helps!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I'd bet money this change (vibrate on connect) didn't affect the phone/answer. Someone posted the sharedmodules version in this rom (that I requested, thanks) and it's just an older version than I am using which apparently doesn't support the vibrate feature I've been talking about.

However a certain (different) regkey is set that automatically disconnects data and that can, in my testing, affect your ability to answer the phone. I've seen the sticky "answer" in Tachi in my rom as well and I posted the regfix for it a few pages back but I'll repeat it here, feel free to test and I'm sure you'll see it works. As I mentioned when I posted this before, setting this key will disable EVDO auto-disconnect but it WILL make tachi answer every time.

Code:
"SuspendResume"="#777"
It's probably set to something like this:
Code:
"SuspendResume"="GPRS_bye_if_device_off"
Of course I could be wrong but I've tested this setting and the vibrate on connect a 100 times and it always works. Hope that helps!
The setting when I checked is
"SuspendResume"="#777"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
The setting when I checked is
"SuspendResume"="#777"
Mine was "GPRS_bye_if_device_off" but I had already set data to turns itself off after 1 minute, and it changes that key. So I'm guessing the default that nrgz has in there is the #777? So in theory the call answering issues shouldn't be a problem if you don't change that from what he has as default.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Lurker

RnRExpress is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
No problem. I think something that a lot of people are forgetting is to do a hard reset AFTER flashing to a new rom. This is important when doing any kind of update on any kind of device. Whether it's firmware on your router or a new rom for your phone. After the new rom is flashed, it's always good to do a hard reset and THEN set it up. This can fix so many issues before they even happen.
Well, tried it and still no go. For some reason, the data will not shut down - as soon as I either hard or soft reset the phone, as soon as it turns the radio on, there goes the data syncing and will not stop. I was down to 30% battery in 5 hours with about a 20 min call thrown in there.

I also ran into where I would answer an incomming call, and itr would be just dead silence for 4 seconds and then I could hear someone and say hello. Wierd.

Its too bad, because I will agree in that this ROM is by far the most practical and easiest to navigate since all the icons are categorized in folders and such.

But the call answering, thje data syncing and the camera preview will force me to try another rom. But I will definately try Herm's rom again when an update makes it out cause I really liked the look and feel.

thanks again for all your help and suggestions!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

has anyone else tried this fix for battery drain issues?
And is anyone experiencing better/worse drain on this new rom version?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3166
Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

vip2nv is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to vip2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
has anyone else tried this fix for battery drain issues?
And is anyone experiencing better/worse drain on this new rom version?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3166
Actually no, I have noticed better improvement in battery life on this ROM especially considering I live in the sticks.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mikothy is just getting started

Hey, good news! ppcgeeks just added a search feature!!!
kill me
Old 07-02-2009, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (w/ FreshToast2.1)

BrettChaotix is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrettChaotix

i've been on the 6/30 rom since it came out and its sliiiick!!!

i think this might be a general touch pro issue and not a rom issue but I figured i should ask here to be safe...

if i have my phone set to "vibrate and ring" (via start-settings-peraonal-phone) and then use the hardware buttons to switch to vibrate....

when i use the hardware buttons to bring the volume back up it only goes into "ring" mode instead of "ring and vibrate"

whats the best way to toggle between "vibrate only" and "ring and vibrate"?

thanks guys!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro