power3dfx
N00b

power3dfx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by power3dfx View Post
hey everyone.. i too just switced to this from psyki to this rom and at first was loving it! its as fast as psyki3 and the 6.5 interface is nice too.

only 1 problem... i restored my sprite backup (only msgs and email) and when you click on a msg to reply everything is fine. when you hit the back button or click ok to be taken back to windows messaging inbox again, it freezes for up to 3 mins at a time!!

i have never had any problems restoring my backup with any rom before. i tried hard reset and restore to no avail. sprint touch pro.. if you have any ideas so that i can keep this wonderful rom, please reply!
an update on this since one other member had same problem but with pim backup. the txts are restored fine. it takes up to 5 mins for the long txt msg threads and as little as 10 secs for short txt threads. once loaded you can go back from wm msging to individual thread with NO delay. it seems that when you exit a thread for the 1st time it has to load everything and depending on the number of txts in that particular thread, it can take some time.

my hope was that since the lag goes away after the thread is loaded, everything would be fine. but a soft reset and everything has to be "loaded" again.

again i repeat i have flashed the phone like 20 times and used the same sprite backup to restore everytime with NO problems at all. another user had this issue (using pim backup), and now im sure its this specific rom.

really sucks!! going back to psyki 6.1