PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bambamsprint is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bambamsprint
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

i would like to show you my today screen but i dont now how to do it !!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Tested this rom, few things good few things bad,

NO KEYBOARD LAG that was very impressive

a lot of older VGA OEMS though, i left a list of older ones for you to update. if you need the actual oems let me know and i can provide yo with a big list of them.

But looking at the files I can see that a lot of hard work and time went into this so for that i say congrats
Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neles86 View Post
In order for our GPS to work in our phones A-GPS has to be enabled.
That is not true. The Touch Pro works with and without A-GPS. Devices like the Treo 800w won't work without A-GPS (GPS won't cold boot without cell signal), but the Touch Pro, Touch Diamond and Treo Pro (all originally built by HTC) all work with stand alone GPS.

Using QuickGPS, without or without A-GPS, when outdoors the GPS locks should be fast.

With the stock ROM, I've turned my device to airplane mode, soft reset and started the GPS outdoors using NoniGPSPlot with the device still in airplane mode (WiFi was never turned on after the soft reset either). I had updated QuickGPS earlier that same day and NoniGPSPlot got a lock in under 10 seconds. (That's faster than A-GPS usually can do off a cold boot.)

I have not tried the 7/14 build, but regardless what the A-GPS setting is, if outdoors after updating QuickGPS you should get a lock fast. A-GPS helps most when indoors.

I have not tried the 7/14 build yet, but just wanted to clarify.

I doubt the GPS issue mentioned is a ROM issue, or everyone would have the problem regardless of their A-GPS setting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jediyuhdigg is becoming a great contributor

is anyone having a text message sorting issue.. within a certain text message it will organize all my text by time instead of date and time.. also it organizes the people who text me by time instead of the newer text.. i already went to menu>tools>sort by and changed it to received but no luck
Old 07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

great looking rom, im still messing with it, anyone got any tweaks to improve battery life? any other suggestions to make it better or any problems yet? i had an older energy before but reverted back to might rom as i always do for best battery life.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Well after a couple more soft-resets I get 4-6 locks in 6-10 sec's.
All is well now in my ROM/Phone world
Thanks for the help and suggestions

Old 07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
great looking rom, im still messing with it, anyone got any tweaks to improve battery life? any other suggestions to make it better or any problems yet? i had an older energy before but reverted back to might rom as i always do for best battery life.

The thread for the GSM version over at xda has a short but sweet quicklist of battery-related tips for use with EnergyROM, quoted below. I don't know if any of the rilphone.dll stuff applies for our CDMA carriers as I rarely see it mentioned over here at PPC (whereas at xda there are stickied threads about it). Anyways, beside rilphone.dll these are some pretty good tips -- especially the one about waiting a few charge cycles (or days) to see how it 'settles down'.

Quote:
BATTERY SAVING TIPS
• There is nothing special about this ROM to make it use more power than other ROMs except that it is tweaked for performance over battery life.
• Make sure you follow all of the flashing instructions to the letter. Especially the part about the hard reset.
• Backlight is set to high. You might want to change that.
• 3G is on by default. Recommendation is to turn it off when you are not surfing the internet.
• If your radio does not match your rilphone.dll you can get crazy bad battery drainage. Make sure they match. There is a separate thread for that.
• Check to see that some application is not still running in the background. Check, do not assume. USe the full Task Manager application.
• Check to see if the screen is still on when you expect it to be off. Soft reset can fix that issue.
• Some radios work better with some carriers and locations. Asking everyone to tell you what radio to use may not give you the best answer. Be specific about your situation.
• The battery meter will not settle down and give accurate readings for a few battery cycles. Give it a while.
• For the first few battery charging cycles, try to charge to 100% with phone off and then allow battery to drain down quite a bit before recharging. Thisis so the meter will calulate drain well.
• Don't drain your batery all the way down until it dies. Not good for these types of batteries.
• The GPS sucks the battery dry. If you want to keep track of yourself, consider something like GPSToday that only wakes up the GPS once in a while.
• Maybe you don't really need aGPS enabled. Disable and check GPS lock times and battery drain.
• Applications that run from the storage card consume more power so install oft-used or background-type applications to main memory.

- BigBadger
Old 07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Just curious what does this link on the 4th post do? I would love my charge leds on the wheel to stay off when charging since it lights up my room at night when I sleep when its charging. Does it do this?

Stop the blinking charge icon for your battery
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

OrionSX is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by neles86 View Post
Yup, you're rite..Good locks with or without the setting being enabled. I don't believe the option to enable/disable actually works tho. In order for our GPS to work in our phones A-GPS has to be enabled.
A-GPS is "Assisted" GPS, meaning it uses the cell phone towers to triangulate your location, much like an aircraft used radar beacons before GPS became prominent, except on an aircraft its much more accurate. For standard, built-in GPS use, make sure the "Location" setting in "Start > Settings > Phone > Services" is set to "On." This controls the true GPS receiver in the phone.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fba11 View Post
Great ROM! I guess I am in the minority here though, I love the previous ROM's progress notification (4 circling dots) instead of the new one in the 0714 version. How can I get the previous one back while using this new ROM?
Try changing your taskbar icons. I use GADGET FREAKS ROUND TASKBAR ICONS [google it] and after the install the new swirly icon is replaced by the older four color jam.

-----------------

I'm also updating my install guide for this new build - give me another hour or so. I'm including direct links to all of the cabs and fixes as well...maybe THIS will eliminate some of the repeat questions. ...but I doubt it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro