PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there. For any weird glitches or quirks I strongly reccomend the Flash to Stock Thang. I flashed from 811 to 905. I hard reset 811 first. Despite this, my phone was still acting as if InCall Power Manager was installed (screen going dark during call based on light sensor or G sensor) eventhough it wasnt cooked into 905/6. So I flashed to stock ROM, hard reset that, flashed to Energy, hard reset that 2X (just do it), then soft reset and 906 is as beautiful as ever. If you still are a Stock Flash Denier check out Threefaces guide (you should anyway) he is a Believer too.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Nrgz, as always you 'da Man!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Damn. I have been running this rom for the past 24 hours and was about to post how incredibly fast and bug free it has been. Windows folder access is almost instant and any annoying bugs from other roms were non existent in this one. The longest rom i have ran was calk's most recent which has been almost 2 weeks which is a record, but I had problems with not being able to toggle the screen off with music players, so I tried this latest NRG.

Then about 15 mins ago i hit the power button and the phone says wait as it is setting up for the first time hard reset. WTF I have run about 50 maybe 100 roms over the past year and have never had something like that happen, which is pretty scary. I have seen guys say this has happened to them on other roms that i had no probs with, so hopefully this is a one time glitch or someone can chime in with why this has happened to them and any solutions for preventing this in the future.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there. For any weird glitches or quirks I strongly reccomend the Flash to Stock Thang. I flashed from 811 to 905. I hard reset 811 first. Despite this, my phone was still acting as if InCall Power Manager was installed (screen going dark during call based on light sensor or G sensor) eventhough it wasnt cooked into 905/6. So I flashed to stock ROM, hard reset that, flashed to Energy, hard reset that 2X (just do it), then soft reset and 906 is as beautiful as ever. If you still are a Stock Flash Denier check out Threefaces guide (you should anyway) he is a Believer too.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Nrgz, as always you 'da Man!
+1 I recommended the same thing a couple pages back.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Herman (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Verizon

adipose is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
The main thing flashing to stock does, that I know about, is update the PRL and PRI, and possibly the radio. It may also change certain PST settings (I know it changes the banner to "Sprint" when I do it).

I can't imagine how it could change much else that wouldn't be overwritten by a flash. Oh yeah, it might also update the boot screen. I flashed back to Sprint so it would say, "touch pro" rather than "Verizon Wireless", before flashing back to energyROM.

-Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

AVG reports a trojan, is this a false positive?

EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090906_Standard.rar:\Hermann_Cu stomRUU.exe";"Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic11.AOTL";"Infected"
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Damn. I have been running this rom for the past 24 hours and was about to post how incredibly fast and bug free it has been. Windows folder access is almost instant and any annoying bugs from other roms were non existent in this one. The longest rom i have ran was calk's most recent which has been almost 2 weeks which is a record, but I had problems with not being able to toggle the screen off with music players, so I tried this latest NRG.

Then about 15 mins ago i hit the power button and the phone says wait as it is setting up for the first time hard reset. WTF I have run about 50 maybe 100 roms over the past year and have never had something like that happen, which is pretty scary. I have seen guys say this has happened to them on other roms that i had no probs with, so hopefully this is a one time glitch or someone can chime in with why this has happened to them and any solutions for preventing this in the future.
I guess it's my turn to chime in. Been reading and staying up on this release. I had the exact same experience, bruceo, I have flashed MANY MANY times and NEVER had some of the issues we read about in these threads until....I flashed the 8/11 NRG in the car on a business trip. It was kind of a quickie and I did NOT flash to stock first. everything was fine; for a while...Then out of the blue I tried to put the phone to sleep with the power button and BAM hard reset. So, I'm thinking it's a fluke. So I re-setup everything and move on. Then I needed to soft reset, BAM, Hard reset. That was when I became a true believer in flashing to stock ALWAYS. I don't know if you did, but if not don't fear. Do the flash dance like everyone says and you should be good to go.
NRG...Nice ROM

Edit: Flashing to stock ensures that memory areas which contain things, IMPORTANT THINGS, are written in the correct place. So that they aren't overwritten incorrectly when you flash. If you search in this thread there was a very good explanation. Heck lemme go find it...
Well it was a compilation of posts, one from NRG, rootlinux and Psyki. When you flash to stock it writes not only the ROM but the RADIO as well and doing that ensures that all the bits are in the correct place. When you flash a non-stock ROM it doesn't flash the radio and can sometimes overwrite the...IMPORTANT THINGS!

Last edited by ahuskins; 09-08-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added Content
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...it's AVG, not the files. I'm pretty sure the zipped up RUU or something sets it off.
That is one problem that can arise from people using mirrors after NRG has asked everyone to not mirror his rom.

You may get a different version since he has updated his rom often.
You may also get a virus if it is on the uploaders computer.

I would do as NRG has asked and stick with his upload and be safe.
BTW it downloads decent fast for me.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
is anyone that is using a pano background having the problem were u can no longer click on the clock?
I have panoramic wallpaper installed and my clock works fine.
Can still click on it with no problems.

Still using 9/5
Old 09-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Sorry didnt mean to appear I had some new answer. Just know there's a tendency to miss stuff in this Super Thread and wanted to give my specific example. Thanks to ALL the great contributors in this community!!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Kamaleon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im having some problems with my default alarm clock it starts up for like 7 seconds then it does an anoying beeping sound. I have reflashed but it persist so i installed the pimp package tu use G alarm but it does the samething Has anybody have this problem. any help please. Thanks in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro