PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
Is there a cab that works with Manila 2.1 that lets the Wallpaper be on all the tabs? I have tried all the ones that I found in the search and they all just mess up my Today screen...It makes it almost transparent and then the word "title" is just in the enter of my screen. I have my own wallpaper that I want to use, not the "holes in the distance" wallpaper..The pimp package would give me the "holes" one correct?

It's probably not exactly what you want, but you might check out the Panoramic Backgrounds for Manila 2.1 -- that might give you some ideas.

Basically, the 'cooked-in' background is made of a few manila files which can be changed with a manila editor. When you assign a wallpaper from manila settings it doesn't show up on all tabs because, as far as I know, it doesn't modify the manila backgrounds. The panoramic backgrounds is a set of similar manila files (not same ones), but also includes custom LUA scripting which you probably don't want to mess with if you go that route. If you are feeling adventurous, you could try modifying four manila background files (70083a29, 77feee1d, 29cff4fe, 058acf31) with the editor, and not set the wallpaper through manila's settings. That's not exactly a user-friendly method, but it should work.

There is probably an easier way, but I have been playing around with manila editor all morning, so it was the first thing that came to mind...Good luck!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

No one else has seem to have this problem too with ActiveSync, It does connect and it stays on the "synchronizing" screen forever. It never says that the sync is complete nor does it show the status of anything that its syncing..Anyone else have this problem as well? ActiveSync worked fine with the last ROM I was using but not it not wanting to sync. I have to open My Computer and go to my Mobile Device to add stuff to my phone instead of just opening up the folder ActiveSync provided for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
It's probably not exactly what you want, but you might check out the Panoramic Backgrounds for Manila 2.1 -- that might give you some ideas.

Basically, the 'cooked-in' background is made of a few manila files which can be changed with a manila editor. When you assign a wallpaper from manila settings it doesn't show up on all tabs because, as far as I know, it doesn't modify the manila backgrounds. The panoramic backgrounds is a set of similar manila files (not same ones), but also includes custom LUA scripting which you probably don't want to mess with if you go that route. If you are feeling adventurous, you could try modifying four manila background files (70083a29, 77feee1d, 29cff4fe, 058acf31) with the editor, and not set the wallpaper through manila's settings. That's not exactly a user-friendly method, but it should work.

There is probably an easier way, but I have been playing around with manila editor all morning, so it was the first thing that came to mind...Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, im not add that advance with messing with the files in my phone so im not going to touch it. I will probably just wait till someone creates a cab. file that supports having background on all tabs. Alot of my searches did lead over to XDA but like I had said before i had to do things that were out of my bounty when messing with my phone for now lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AS.JPG (19.5 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by SRX8o7; 08-18-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 PM
ROM Pimper
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

cmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to cmylxgo Send a message via MSN to cmylxgo Send a message via Yahoo to cmylxgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
Is there a cab that works with Manila 2.1 that lets the Wallpaper be on all the tabs? I have tried all the ones that I found in the search and they all just mess up my Today screen...It makes it almost transparent and then the word "title" is just in the enter of my screen. I have my own wallpaper that I want to use, not the "holes in the distance" wallpaper..The pimp package would give me the "holes" one correct?
Pimp Package 2.0 has a different wallpaper...and it will put it on tabs. Link is in my sig.

-CMYLXGO
Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

kariya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
manilla2.6 on pocketnow.com look hot
Yes Manila 2.6 looks very nice. I cant wait!=D>
Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

I am excited to see what the new ROM is going to have. with the latest build of WM6.5 and all the goodies in there. plus manila 2.6

Im drooling a lil in anticipation

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
I am excited to see what the new ROM is going to have. with the latest build of WM6.5 and all the goodies in there. plus manila 2.6

Im drooling a lil in anticipation
Manila 2.6 on VGA - that'll take a while, no?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

Zeybrin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Zeybrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmylxgo View Post
What version of the pimp package are you using? Version 1.x does not work with any ROM built on Manila 2.1. Also, Pimp Package 2.0 has its own custom black Tachi Dialer...no need to install the black dialer. And last, but not least, the startup Animation in 2.0 does not have any audio.

So...in other words...you should not be using Pimp Package 1.x on the latest ROM.

-CMYLXGO
OOOH! Wow I feel stupid. . . but in my defense all I did was follow the links that NRG posted. So I guess old links are old? haha

This should work a lot better, however the custom tachi dialer that I was talking about is the one that has the EnergyROM custom talk button skin (the blue to redish), and such. so its not JUST black.

EDIT: Even though I shouldn't be, I'm just going to continue using 1.x until the full 2.x Pimp Package comes out. . . There really are no problems with using the 1.x so far. I had to delete a file that kept trying to autostart. Which apparently had no purpose. . . lol

Last edited by Zeybrin; 08-18-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: New Info
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

I think it will be a while, it just dropped

Last edited by sprintnerd; 08-18-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: DUH
Old 08-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Damn Touch flo 2.6 looks pretty nice.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmylxgo View Post
Pimp Package 2.0 has a different wallpaper...and it will put it on tabs. Link is in my sig.

-CMYLXGO
Thanks for the reply, but will it let me use my own wallpaper?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro