PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy View Post
Done that many, many times..

so am i screwed?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Done that many, many times..
Well i'm going to assume you are doing something wrong, you have to HOLD the power button (TOP) volume DOWN button (left side) and then use the stylus to press the soft reset button on the (Bottom) dont hold the soft reset button, but hold the volume down and power, usually takes about 5 seconds to enter the bootloader.

Now, unless im completely off when i said you were doing something wrong. your phone is BRICKED. not because of any rom or software, but because of a hardware failure. From what i understand you cannot brick your phone with a rom after it is unlocked. Is the screen even coming on?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
nrgz should release something today so i can test my new sashimi setup

oh need to figure out one more backup option, how about MyPhone setting backup?
I was thinking the same thing. I hate to wait to just have a new rom come out that night...

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblond View Post
Yes, my Sprint Touch Pro works for a few hours with the EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090811_Standard.rar ROM and then it either freezes, hard resets on its own, or hard resets when I attempt to perform a soft reset and then I reconfigure again. I am not installing any additional programs, just setting up Windows Live Mail to PUSH emails as well as an active sync server setting for m.google.com to syncronize contacts and appointments. Most recently, I found that an address book entry had become corrupted after using the phone for awhile and the phone hard reset after I performed a soft reset. I really like the EnergyROM and hope this is a simple fix - maybe a problem with corrupted memory.
OK, now i think someone is just straight up messing with me.

SAME PROBLEM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8479

basically something most likely got written to the wrong place, and doing this should fix it.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
Well i'm going to assume you are doing something wrong, you have to HOLD the power button (TOP) volume DOWN button (left side) and then use the stylus to press the soft reset button on the (Bottom) dont hold the soft reset button, but hold the volume down and power, usually takes about 5 seconds to enter the bootloader.

Now, unless im completely off when i said you were doing something wrong. your phone is BRICKED. not because of any rom or software, but because of a hardware failure. From what i understand you cannot brick your phone with a rom after it is unlocked. Is the screen even coming on?
Sorry, but yes you are completely off when you said I am doing something wrong. I am doing everything right.. And no, the screen does not come on at all.. That is what I was trying to say before.. It does not even charge when I plug it in to the charger.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sorry, but yes you are completely off when you said I am doing something wrong. I am doing everything right.. And no, the screen does not come on at all.. That is what I was trying to say before.. It does not even charge when I plug it in to the charger.
yes then it is a hardware problem. the phone is completely dead as a doornail. theres nothing you can do at this point. Its not your fault or the rom, the physical hardware just failed.

that should be covered under actual warranty and you shouldnt have to pay for the deductable. I wouldnt worry about them seeing it was flashed if it wont even power up

in all honesty sprint would prob just swap it out at the store

Last edited by J.eremy; 08-13-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Anyone ever had this problem.. I have been using this rom for two days and today the phone started running slow so I soft reset it and it froze at the Touch Pro title screen. So I soft reset it once more and now it wont even turn on. It won't charge either. I have tried two different batteries, leaving them out for a while, etc.. but nothing. I can't even get to a bootloader security screen to reflash.. I do not know if it is the Rom or just my phone but I have flashed different Roms and not have had any problems. any suggestions about how to get it up and running?

Also, I would like to take the phone back to sprint to have them fix it because I do pay the total equipment protection but I can't even flash the rom back to stock and relock it because I cant even get there.. So am I screwed??
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Last edited by jdm627; 08-13-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
[how did this even become a topic?! sorry to keep it going in an attempt to end it...I should know better]
It came up because I asked for an actual explanation as to why this works. I never questioned whether it worked or not I was just curious as to why.

NRG provided the only actual informational answer which is that reflashing the radio (any radio) clears out errant data that doesn't belong in the radio portion of the rom.

I think we can let it go now (hopefully?)

=D>

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
It came up because I asked for an actual explanation as to why this works. I never questioned whether it worked or not I was just curious as to why.

NRG provided the only actual informational answer which is that reflashing the radio (any radio) clears out errant data that doesn't belong in the radio portion of the rom.

I think we can let it go now (hopefully?)

=D>
agreed, now if the problem that forces people to use this fix will stop showing up 3 times per page lol
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
Thanks, but I already tried reinstalling the stock ROM, then reinstalling this one, with no luck. Any other ideas?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro