PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cjennin2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I just noticed something and am slightly confused... NRG said he was cooking build 23024 I believe and that he would be cooking 23025 soon. I thought that the 8/11 rom was supposed to be 23024 build but still 23016?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjennin2 View Post
I just noticed something and am slightly confused... NRG said he was cooking build 23024 I believe and that he would be cooking 23025 soon. I thought that the 8/11 rom was supposed to be 23024 build but still 23016?
I would guess that since right now 23016 with Manilla 2.1 is stable at the moment....he/we are waiting for the 23024 or 23025 to become stable....with all the kinks worked out...

That is how EnergyRom gets to be so nice!!!!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Cool Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

For those wanting wallpaper in all tabs, check out this thread on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503511

This is for the Blackstone which has a different screen resolution, but on page 55 there are instructions that work on our devices

Enjoy!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: CTC

hq521 is a n00b

don't downloda from Optional mirror download,error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ROMs/Herman/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Why do you flash to stock ROM before you flash a custom ROM? That makes no sense unless you want to troubleshoot a specific issue, be it hardware or weirdness. But Everytime you flash a custom ROM you flash to stock first then the custom, seems strange. And your statement that "some files get left behind during the flash process" makes no sense either since it "flashes it" it complete earses it. If you hold true to that statement then when you flash from a customer to Stock the same should apply.

I just flash the custom, do a wipe device and then am golden.....

I don't think anyone has figured this out. If you do thought you would be a God

I do this because I have had my phone act crazy and I have had it go nuts after a custom flash and hard reset. White lines, jacked up clock and other things.
My only guess is that flashing to a stock rom and then hard reseting before a custom rom is sometimes needed to clear out left over prior custom rom settings or files.

We all know MS is not perfect and a simple custom flash over a custom flash will not always clean the device. We also know a hard reset on a custom rom doesn't completely clean the device back to clean custom rom status.
If that was true then we would never have issues after a custom hard reset.

A clean stock flash and hard reset installs all files and settings that any custom rom may have changed. A custom rom over custom rom may not change some important files/setting back.
Just a guess on my part.

Best bet is to flash a stock rom and hard reset to erase any custom settings and then flash to new custom rom for best device compatibility.

If you are one of the people that never have any issues after a custom rom flash then by all means don't stock flash.

As for me personally, I have seen too many problems left over by not doing this extra added step.
I will save bug reports for actual real bug reports and not complain about something that a good clean flash could have easily fixed.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

From NRGZ28:

Quote:
Tweak found for disabling the damn Bluetooth ON notification that will not go away. http://snipr.com/prxuk Spread it around !!
http://twitter.com/NRGZ28/statuses/3279034429

*happy dance*

EDIT: Results may vary -- it seems this may not be taking care of the popup for everyone, and feedback would probably be useful. When I installed the CAB>Soft Reset>Enabled BT>Turned Headset ON I got no popup, then after turning the screen OFF then ON again I got a very brief popup that cleared itself (which was cool), but now I am seeing the popup again fully, I think every time, when the screen comes ON. So be it. It was definitely worth a shot.

Last edited by askwhy; 08-13-2009 at 08:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I dont know if this may help but try messing with the settings in Utilities-Tweaks->Incall Power Manager.

It may be a function of the program trying to save power by turning off the screen when it thinks the phone is against your ear... I set mine to always be on.
Thanks for the heads up. I will give this a try and see if it helps.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Why do you flash to stock ROM before you flash a custom ROM? That makes no sense unless you want to troubleshoot a specific issue, be it hardware or weirdness. But Everytime you flash a custom ROM you flash to stock first then the custom, seems strange. And your statement that "some files get left behind during the flash process" makes no sense either since it "flashes it" it complete earses it. If you hold true to that statement then when you flash from a customer to Stock the same should apply.

I just flash the custom, do a wipe device and then am golden.....
Because people have this crazy mentality in their head.... reminds over some other development stuff where people got crazier and crazier....flash the old file again...factory default.. flash stock...factory default 3 times and reboot... hold it over your head and aim it directly in the path of the sun at 12 noon and hit reboot one more time. flash the new file once and factory default. flash again 2 times and factory default. take the battery out and run around the house with the battery clockwise... put the battery in... take it out... run back around the house counter-clockwise. now have your friend take the device and you take the battery...then you run clockwise and he runs counter-clockwise. meet in the middle at exactly 6:12pm and turn the device on with the battery in it.

Flash the new ROM... hard reset and you're good to go. End of story.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwolf View Post
Has anyone here been able to get the in call recorder to actually work and record a call?
I have tried numerous times trying every combination of settings available and nothing will ever record.
Flyingwolf. I have had excellent experience with ACR(Auto Call Recorded) and its freeware. Look it up and here it is.

www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-acr-auto-call-recorder.html
I use it all the time and record it to me card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Because people have this crazy mentality in their head.... reminds over some other development stuff where people got crazier and crazier....flash the old file again...factory default.. flash stock...factory default 3 times and reboot... hold it over your head and aim it directly in the path of the sun at 12 noon and hit reboot one more time. flash the new file once and factory default. flash again 2 times and factory default. take the battery out and run around the house with the battery clockwise... put the battery in... take it out... run back around the house counter-clockwise. now have your friend take the device and you take the battery...then you run clockwise and he runs counter-clockwise. meet in the middle at exactly 6:12pm and turn the device on with the battery in it.

Flash the new ROM... hard reset and you're good to go. End of story.
That was an absolutely pointless post.

You don't want to believe that a stock flash will fix the files/settings left on the device from a bad flash or because an installed app caused problems then fine.
A hard reset will NOT always clean the device. That is a fact.
I have had a custom act up and a simple hard reset on that rom caused more problems.
Try and tell me that a hard reset is all that is needed. LOL
So if what you are saying, why even do a hard reset after a new flash?

If say you want to flash the same custom rom over a failed custom rom install it may work better. IDK

But to make the device fresh and error free a stock flash is best before a new custom rom.

If you want to post helpful info then please do but to start acting like an infant and rant about what is the best way to make the device compatible is childish.

If these methods are not needed for you then GO YOU!
If you are one of the people that seem to always have ghost problems after a new flash then what a few of us are suggesting may do the trick.

Why come in and criticize someone for offering methods that we know our selfs work?
If your post helped someone then great but all I saw was rants and *****ing about a few extra steps in the flashing process.
If it does nothing then it does nothing but if it works ( works for myself and others ) why tell other people not to do it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro