PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I'm running JD Arcsoft MMS 5.2.1.22 without any appartent issues.
so then you get the threaded sms/mms working with out any problems cus it will only open picture for me through picture mail
Old 08-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post
so then you get the threaded sms/mms working with out any problems cus it will only open picture for me through picture mail
Yes, SMS threaded is fine. Haven't RECEIVED any MMS yet, only tested SEND. Will test it out. Could you give a few more details on your MMS issue?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
No problem, and I did clarify over on that thread that we ARE talking about V3.
EDIT: Got a response from yozgatg, said the hitzone for the pic overlaps the hitzone for the first icon. Said to be on the lookout for R 1.1 update but due to time constraints it may be awhile.
Post #714
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99#post4296899
Thank you!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

gatesfam03 is a n00b

What a great rom! Good job! I have been flashing a lot the past 3 weeks, just trying to find the best rom for my pro till the pro2 comes to us cellular. I have given all the most popular roms a try. I got discouraged trying to use winmobile 6.5 and went with silent/mighty 6.1. Last night I thought to give this rom a go and am happy to see that this latest build of 6.5 is much more stable imo compaired to 23009 build. I am glad that you are keeping up to date. I like the new manilla 2.1 but it does use more memory about 15% more and that means more battery as well, so titanium is what I am using and getting 34%. I like how you catagorized the folders in the start menu so that you do not have to scroll so much. I have tried the iphone and have to say that this is getting more function able and competitive. The fact that i can actually install anything I please without having to go trough the app store or itunes is a plus. As far as saving battery power goes I have some advice for you all. Make sure you enable auto backlight first and foremost and then don't worry about the battery meter because it can be deceiving in that on the home screen it goes by 1% increments the way alot of other roms implement this are in 10% increments so it appears that the battery is draining more quickly in comparison. the way I judge battery usage is by how much memory the rom is using. Put it simply the more memory usage the more battery usage. I say that anything between 30% and 50% is acceptable for non Verizon users. As far as Verizon users are concerned I feel sorry for you and hope that their touch pro 2 is not as crippled.

And for those that are interested............Touch Pro 2 is coming to US Cellular sometime in October and that is coming from a very very reliable source not just rumors on the net.

Last edited by gatesfam03; 08-09-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started

Quote:
Yes, SMS threaded is fine. Haven't RECEIVED any MMS yet, only tested SEND. Will test it out. Could you give a few more details on your MMS issue?
the sending part like u works fine for me too, its the reviceing the isnt working like it did for me in build 2009722, ok
1st.. in order to open a picture it will only let u open it through picture mail, not like 2009722build where it would let u open it in the threaded messaging with in the conversation to whom the person it is from.
2...when u get a new message w/pic from someone and try to open it with tf3d2.1 it wont just goes to tf3d threaded message and thats it cant see a picture theres nothing there to open the picture just says "NEW MESSAGE" thats it u have to back out and go to ur all message tab, then thats where i uses picture mail to open it.

even back when i was stock it opened up as email, but then when i went to 2009722 build i fell i love with the way it worked with out any problems, i had to install two diff versons of arcsoft but it still worked

trying to uninstall picture mail it wont do it with TC so i used picturemail&acrsoftremover.cab then installed the sprint acrsoft 5.0.82.79 maybe this will do is sends but not sure on the recieving part yet!!!!!!

Last edited by S/\NDM/\N; 08-09-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesfam03 View Post
What a great rom! Good job! I have been flashing a lot the past 3 weeks, just trying to find the best rom for my pro till the pro2 comes to us cellular. I have given all the most popular roms a try. I got discouraged trying to use winmobile 6.5 and went with silent/mighty 6.1. Last night I thought to give this rom a go and am happy to see that this latest build of 6.5 is much more stable imo compaired to 23009 build. I am glad that you are keeping up to date. I like the new manilla 2.1 but it does use more memory about 15% more and that means more battery as well, so titanium is what I am using and getting 34%. I like how you catagorized the folders in the start menu so that you do not have to scroll so much. I have tried the iphone and have to say that this is getting more function able and competitive. The fact that i can actually install anything I please without having to go trough the app store or itunes is a plus. As far as saving battery power goes I have some advice for you all. Make sure you enable auto backlight first and foremost and then don't worry about the battery meter because it can be deceiving in that on the home screen it goes by 1% increments the way alot of other roms implement this are in 10% increments so it appears that the battery is draining more quickly in comparison. the way I judge battery usage is by how much memory the rom is using. Put it simply the more memory usage the more battery usage. I say that anything between 30% and 50% is acceptable for non Verizon users. As far as Verizon users are concerned I feel sorry for you and hope that their touch pro 2 is not as crippled.

And for those that are interested............Touch Pro 2 is coming to US Cellular sometime in October and that is coming from a very very reliable source not just rumors on the net.
More Battery!!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=660
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=674
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Richcop is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Richcop Send a message via Yahoo to Richcop Send a message via Skype™ to Richcop

Do you know where I can find the cab for voice command and I will give it a try
Old 08-09-2009, 12:01 PM
N00b
Carrier: US Cellular

gatesfam03 is a n00b

Thank you for that. I work in a business where I am in the same room as the US Cellular store and I have had tried literally all of their smartphones. Quess what.........battery drain will happen just the same with a blackberry if you leave all of the apps running in the background and do not use power management. People want to complain about battery usage with windows moble well, don't even get me started on how bad the iphone is on battery

Last edited by gatesfam03; 08-09-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcop View Post
Do you know where I can find the cab for voice command and I will give it a try

Go to the CDMA Touch Pro Upgrades forum, then scroll down to where this thread is. There should be a small paper clip next to the thread title. That contains all the files that are associated with this thread. Click on the paper clip and then scroll through and look for Microsoft Voice Command or MSVC. There are two different versions floating around. One works better for some and one works better for others. Just test it out.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

I want to said actually this ROM it's almost perfect and some of the bugs are not coming from this ROM most of them are for the new Manila 2.1

Originally Posted by yozgatg
thanks for pointing that out, no it's not the same bug, since in portrait mode everything works fine, i believe the hitzone for the picture overlaps the hitzone for the icon and that's why it's opening up the picture

anyway not much in terms of updates (due to time constraints)
an R1.1 will most likely be released, but in terms of manila, it will only include the calendar and people tab fix, it will focus more on fixing the other packages (Dshow, messageenhancement) etc. so think of it as a service pack

I had some times this problem too, somebody knows the solution?
Originally Posted by chris1683
First of all, HUGE thanks go to yozgatg and the rest of the people who made this new Manila version possible. I have everything running perfect with one exception:

Has anyone had an issue with cprog.exe causing the Tachi dialer to crash after dialing a few times? I have confirmed my registry reads [HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\DIALPARSER "DLL-OEM = dpext.dll]
The dialer will work flawlessly but then out of nowhere it will stop working. I then open the phone application and I get no service and a 30 second wait until the phone canvas reappears.

Anyone who has a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated as this new manila is the best yet!

"Sprint Touch Pro CDMA, Build 19965.1.2.3"

I have the same issue as you, and I can recreate this EVERY time when you call a number and hang up before it starts to dial, Tachi Dailer will hang.
To get out of it you have to try and start tachi dailer again ..and wait a while before the dialer screen shows up again.

I would love a fix for this! thank you

Last edited by jdm627; 08-09-2009 at 12:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro