View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 AM
jdm627
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesfam03 View Post
What a great rom! Good job! I have been flashing a lot the past 3 weeks, just trying to find the best rom for my pro till the pro2 comes to us cellular. I have given all the most popular roms a try. I got discouraged trying to use winmobile 6.5 and went with silent/mighty 6.1. Last night I thought to give this rom a go and am happy to see that this latest build of 6.5 is much more stable imo compaired to 23009 build. I am glad that you are keeping up to date. I like the new manilla 2.1 but it does use more memory about 15% more and that means more battery as well, so titanium is what I am using and getting 34%. I like how you catagorized the folders in the start menu so that you do not have to scroll so much. I have tried the iphone and have to say that this is getting more function able and competitive. The fact that i can actually install anything I please without having to go trough the app store or itunes is a plus. As far as saving battery power goes I have some advice for you all. Make sure you enable auto backlight first and foremost and then don't worry about the battery meter because it can be deceiving in that on the home screen it goes by 1% increments the way alot of other roms implement this are in 10% increments so it appears that the battery is draining more quickly in comparison. the way I judge battery usage is by how much memory the rom is using. Put it simply the more memory usage the more battery usage. I say that anything between 30% and 50% is acceptable for non Verizon users. As far as Verizon users are concerned I feel sorry for you and hope that their touch pro 2 is not as crippled.

And for those that are interested............Touch Pro 2 is coming to US Cellular sometime in October and that is coming from a very very reliable source not just rumors on the net.
More Battery!!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=660
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=674
This post has been thanked 1 times.