PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost

Ninjakills1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...I don't think all carrier cabs are equal, so don't install that unless you're on Sprint. ...and even then, I'm not sure why you'd need to install it. I haven't installed a carrier cab for months. Everything for me works right off the flash. I'm on Sprint, using the 8/11 build.

What carrier do you have? Maybe someone with a similar carrier can help you figure out what's up.
I'm on Boost Mobile which use sprint networks. My phone is a Sprint TP and my data connection has worked before I had updated to a new rom from stock.

I don't get any error messages...just can't connect. I show I have data connection also. WEIRD?!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloway21 View Post
I can't download 8/11 build b/c it can't be found !!!
he's updating the roms now. Should be up this afternoon I imagine.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloway21 View Post
I can't download 8/11 build b/c it can't be found !!!

Everything's down @ the moment please standby...
( I think an updates coming)
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
I apologize with you but I never remember the link .
Rigth now I add to my links and next time I wll share directly from your link
So sorry
Old 08-11-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Angry Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I come on today to see like 15 pages of new posts! I was like awesome, stuff to play with! But in reality its 15 pages of stuff that has been talked about till everyone was blue in the face. So heres my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
About to flash 8/11 -- but I wanted to chime in on Lumos being brought up so often anymore...

Just to clarify -- the power savings of Lumos is in its ability to, without your intervention, always make sure the backlight setting is optimal -- its job is not to directly reduce power consumption.

People who are installing Lumos and expecting an immediate and direct drop in battery usage are rather missing the point. The power savings from Lumos comes from using it to automatically reduce your backlight settings when appropriate, not from simply installing the application. All Lumos does is make sure that your backlight is never low when you need it to be high, but always low when you don't need it to be high. That's it.

So, if you install Lumos but then set a 'low-end' backlight cap of 60%, and leave the 'high-end' cap at 100%, you've just about wasted Lumos. It's not going to save you much power if it is never reducing your backlight significantly. Fluctuating between 60%-100% is hardly any power savings at all. You want to see power savings? Cut your low end cap to something tolerable, but conservative, like 40% or even 30% if you work indoors and your eyes are pretty good. Cut your high-end cap to 90% to take that extra unnecessary edge off, or even 80% if you are comfortable with that in outdoor lighting situations. Try that for a few days.
***SNIP***.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7808

I have run some tests last night, now maybe 20 pages ago. And while you are correct about people that stand in direct sunlight ALL day will not see an improvement over the people that are in normal light conditions. But my tests were dont in normal room light. and as you can see right off the bat it shaved alsmost 100mA off the drain.

While Lumos isnt the magic fix, it does keep you from keeping the gas pedal floored down a hill when you dont need to to continue at the same speed (thats a bad analogy i know but i just woke up boo!)

commen sense states that if you have the backlight on 100% in a dark room, you will just be wasting battery, unless of coarse your tryting to use it as a flashlight then, you should just get a flashlight IMO.

Lumos does nothing for your battery, it adjusts your backlight depending on the lighting conditions around you to make sure you can always see the screen comfortably.

If people cant configure something easy like the backlight wizard that comes with lumos, they have no buisness owning a touch pro, or any phone for that matter. well maybe they could get a fluffy iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
still cant get background-on-all tabs to work...an y suggestions
Im really really really getting sick of constantly over and over linking back to my previous posts. This thread is growing in size and its making it VERY hard to keep up because of the fact that people keep constantly asking the same question, because they are too lazy to read back 10-15 pages for their answer.

But anyway here it is, it works fine on this version of manilla. Yes it was tested. Yes you will mess it up unless you change the image to the resolution of the Touch Pro. Yes the program does that also. No it will not cook you breakfast

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7420

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajs View Post
NRGZ28 - ......please make a slightly stripped down rom for us lowly vzw users. I have the 8/1 Standard_RD version installed and running well, but have little memory left to do anything. I can only view a few pages in this forum before I'm out of memory, cant' really multitask at all and am constantly running memmaid quick clean, cleanram and oxios just to keep my device running. Internet sharing is the only program open on a freshly soft rest device and I'm sitting at 13MB free/89% memory used.

I know you're busy with continual updates and that is appreciated, but if you could just keep the awesome looks and strip out a bunch of stuff (that we could install cabs to ram) for us vzw users that would be great.

I'm sure the Sprint Folks would be fine with no updated rom for a bit .

Thank you!!
Im gonna tell you this and try not to sound like a ****. Verizon has screwed you. They have taken your lovely phone and hit it with a hammer. They have then tied it to the back of a truck and drove around for an hour. Then they took it and put it in a new Touch Pro GSM case and sold it to you.

Im sorry i tried. But for real. A user was commenting on memory ussage 30? pages back. he stated that just sitting there on the table, all by its lonesome it was using about 80-90% of its memory ussage and he was content. Untill he ran google maps and everything stopped working.

No stripped down version of this rom can help you. The rom you are looking for is 100% stripped down to just titanium without any additional addons, personally i wouldnt even run manilla on that phone.

Normal Touch Pro's sit at around 40-45% memory usage at first load up. Thats completely acceptable as it uses half for the system, and half for you to play with. The ammount of memory you have to play with on your verizon TP makes it about as usefull as an iPhone because you can run just one thing at a time. Thats makes verizon "Smart" phones pretty dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
Well done. In conclusion, the registry changes do not help, but Lumos does.

Thanks!
I dont think the registry changes dont help, i just think they dont do anything for normal use. It MAY help during actualy operation of the phone, but there is no way i have to test that. Lumos fixes the most common and huge battery drain of people having the backlight on 100%. thats like using your highbeams in your car ALL the time even in the middle of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Has anyone figured out a fix for the weather tab? My city location is not on the list and Weather Master 2.2 obviously doesn`t work with manilla 2.1. Any suggestion is much appreaciated.
Adding your city to the weather tab is very ez if you read. we found a program that works. but the permissions were set to Read Only on the file that the program writes too. People were having problems with changing file permissions and were preaching how the program didnt work on manilla 2.1. So i took the stuff, cabbed it up and sent it allong on its way. Now we have a post with the program fixed 20 pages back that noone will see because they are still trying to figure out a way to reinvent the wheel

Long story short im going to let you in on a giant secret
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1090836

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Prolly been asked a million times (this is a big thread to read through), but maybe a manilla 2.0 version could co exist until the mods are working?

Just a thought. Love the rom by the way... Its is a hit on my battery life though, no cab seems to fix that , but with that said, i still dont think its possible to find a more complete rom. Great job nrg.
manilla 2.0 has a plethora of things that just didnt work or worked to the point where it was a pain to use. when manilla 2.5 get put into mainstream roms then people are going to wish that they could use 2.1 etc etc. As far as i can see NOTHING got worse in the new manilla, except for the people that have all these cabs to change or fix things that actually arent broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post
wow thats alot to go throught J.eremy made the a easy and simple cab just install, open, add city, use zip code, then add city to tf3d2.1 im run te lastest build and it works perfect no problems at all....

but props to u bro if u can come up with something better DO IT!!!!!!!!
I thank you for this, and the post you quoted is the reason there are 8000 pages of rubbish and people not reading and trying to fix things that are already fixed.

So basically people jump to post before they read. Please see if your question was already answered before asking. And to the people answering, see if the post was already answered by someone else before reinventing the wheel

Its very simple to know what you have and have not read, If you haven't read the past, umm, 50 pages there really isn't a point in answering any questions someone might have

Forum admins should make the post reply button disappear unless all posts have been read! haha

Attached Images
File Type: png unread.PNG (7.1 KB, 285 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

EvgeniX is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
I apologize with you but I never remember the link .
Rigth now I add to my links and next time I wll share directly from your link
So sorry
No its ok - I just was thinking its easy to download from Attachments

and I think NRGz28 should add this to rom
Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz600 View Post
damn i was just going to download it lol
In the middle time.
8/11

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10P9ZVAR
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ENR's Twiiter page...

Checkout the individual threads 23025 love coming later on

Last edited by Biggzz; 08-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hey dudes...new walk through guide is uploaded to my sig for 8/11. It includes a lot of new information and options for 2.1 with direct links to cabs and threads to read to get good information from folks like ASKWHY and J.eremy.

If you're having trouble getting your NRG ROM rocking proper...have a look at the guide and see if it helps you out. I run a reasonably basic set up, but it seems a lot of folks are having problems with the basics.

You can get the latest Guide HERE if you don't have signatures enabled. Enjoy!!
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
In the middle time.
8/11

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10P9ZVAR
Cool Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro