PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Its a complete HTC Auto backlight replacement:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318

Kewl, thanks!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mrsmdh is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

I agree. I downloaded the refried standard version and it doesnt look much different than tf3d. Maybe I got the wrong version but it doesnt look like manilla 2.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Dude, it *looks* pretty much the same as the previous versions... the biggest difference being the black clock, the comeback of the "Call History" on the home screen, thinner text in the SMS preview screen, and a few different icons in the start menu. There are other slight aesthetic changes also, but nothing close to a deal-breaker.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I bet your a windows XP user.
what do you mean?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
This is just my experience so I understand others might not be seeing it.

In the start menu when I swipe down i notice a delay or choppiness to the scroll. It is just for a split second then no problem. The mail envelopes are not sized properly like to tall and not fat enough. The try icons seem bigger and higher up. And of course I like more appts. on my home screen. Those are what i noticed but again my preference is 8/1 and I am not knocking it because ENR does great work. I am sure I will jump in soon for my ROM fix and in my mind no other ROM here can compare to ERG's=D>
That's my preference as well. Thanks for the detailed info!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

there isn't even that much difference in the 2 manila's guys. have any of you taken the time to read the release notes for gen y manila 2.1? there are only a few things different.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I was going to say no, there is no known fix, but it's a known quirk on many 6.5 ROMs, and hardly important on any functional level. I was going to say that many of us have just learned to deal with it. I was going to point out that the question gets asked every few pages or so...

I was going to say those things, but now I think I would have been wrong.

^^^^

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we may have a winner!

Turning the 'account picker' back on? Really that's it? It just might be...If you have experienced the random messaging popups, please try this and report back.

You know how human nature leads us to try sometimes way too hard to solve something, and we end up completely over-thinking the problem? Well, call me crazy, and I would love some help confirming this, but I think with that one simple recommendation, by changing just that one seemingly harmless and insignificant setting, I think bruceo just put the smackdown on the [functionally insignificant, but irritating] 'messaging popup' that has been hanging around for so many recent builds.

I read his post, and although I didn't make much of it at first, I realized that all the recent EnergyROM builds (and tons of other ROMs) have cooked-in the account picker as OFF. Not only that, but if I had ever noticed it ON, I would have manually turned it OFF as I only have one email account -- and I have never given it a second thought, till now. It just made natural sense -- but maybe that's where the trouble starts. Bruceo's post got me thinking, and eventually I figured that I should at least *try* his suggestion even if it seemed way too obvious to actually work -- well blow me down! I haven't seen a messaging popup once since I changed it yesterday. Not once -- and my IMAP gmail in pocket outlook is still working just fine.

If you have experienced this, you know what I am talking about. Please try turning your account picker back on -- and let us know if that helps suppress unwanted messaging popups.
Worked! Checked account picker, soft reset, no pop-up!

@ All- If when your phone 'wakes up' during a call and it goes to the home screen, go into Start-Utilities-Tweaks-In Call Power Managaer-Options and check Show Phone At Screen On. I had to do this.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

skipdogg is just getting started

Quick question, does anyone know of a good music service that works with this ROM, I really miss having Sprint Music store, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good alternative.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
what is this LUMOS i see being mentioned here?
I recomend you read before installing Lumos
The Information posted by AskWhy

This information it's Importan to read.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=660
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=674
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
what do you mean?

Most XP users never switch to Vista because Vista actually used there RAM and they didn't like that. XP users prefer that the system wait for a program to be launch then load it into the memory vs loading frequently used programs at start up. I don't worry about RAM I have it so it can be used not sit idle. That's all, just a assumption my comment was not meant to be a personal attach. TP has plenty of RAM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
That's my preference as well. Thanks for the detailed info!
HKLM\Software\oem\TFLOSettings = 128

HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs Change Key Cachesize to 32768

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=envelop

Last edited by jdm627; 08-07-2009 at 10:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro