PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalz71 View Post
I hope someone can answer this and provide a solution. Most of the time, i have turned the phone off with and without S2U2 and find the phone lit, very warm and low battery after a considerable drain.
With S2U2, i find it unlocked and warm. it would be the same without after I depressd the pwr button.

Is there a way to keep the phone off/sleep until i depress the on/off button again?

I carry an extra battery just for this issue. Thanks for any help/advise.

Thanks
I've been through a few versions of S2U2 and haven't seen/heard of your issue. I'd like to help as I think I know S2U2 fairly well but I'm confused.
It sounds like your saying that your phone is waking up when you dont want it too and staying 'awake' long enough to drain the battery, and get warm? Could you provide more details about your issues?

I'd start with a removal/re-install of S2U2.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
REMEMBER: I'm learning on the fly so please don't take my advice as the final word.

Start>Utilities>Tweaks has Softkey Manager and Touch Pro Tweak. Touch Pro Tweak seems to map keys in TF3D whereas Sft Ky Mngr would be used if you were not running TF3D. I dont see the stock locking program in either program but want to send you in a general direction.

Post #6097 talks about mapping soft keys manually (BE CAREFUL! DO NOT PLAY WITH THE REGISTRY IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING)
Dont mean to "yell" but I'm only familiar with superificial reg edits and they can turn your beautiful device into a paperweight if you mess it up.

If you go to Start>Settings>Lock you have what looks like SOME options for the ROM Lock. Don't know if that will give you what you need.

S2U2 is a great program IMO, have been using it for awhile with 6.1 and now with the EnergyROM without issue. It is VERY customizable and easy removed (IMO) if you dont like it.

Good luck. I'm a noob but I like to learn and share.

Thanks for the info.
Let me backup for a second. I used S2U2 on my titan and loved it. On the pro it seens to overlap, for instance, when the phone rings the stock slider opens and then is over ridden by S2U2. I figured this can't be good and uninstalled. I then went in search of a way to modify the stock slider. I tried the lock setting on touch pro tweeks but it won't set. I have read that it was made for the diamond and some settings won't work.

Are you sure you have the right thread # for tweeking the softkeys? I seem unable to find it.

Lets make my request easy. If you go to the start menu the right soft key is "Lock". Is there anyway to map it to the RSK on the home page?

Again, Thanks

ave read
Old 08-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

[QUOTE=swlaraut;1074658]Thanks for the info.
Let me backup for a second. I used S2U2 on my titan and loved it. On the pro it seens to overlap, for instance, when the phone rings the stock slider opens and then is over ridden by S2U2. I figured this can't be good and uninstalled. I then went in search of a way to modify the stock slider. I tried the lock setting on touch pro tweeks but it won't set. I have read that it was made for the diamond and some settings won't work.

Are you sure you have the right thread # for tweeking the softkeys? I seem unable to find it.

Lets make my request easy. If you go to the start menu the right soft key is "Lock". Is there anyway to map it to the RSK on the home page?

Again, Thanks

MY RESPONSE:

Dont know if this would help, as far as I can tell, IF you can map the lock program it would have to be done manually, I can't find it via any Key Map software.

From askwhy, post 6097. It tells you how to map keys via the registry but you'd have to know the exe of the lock program? This one is a bit above my pay grade. Good luck.

RSK for Right Soft Key and LSK for Left

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeRSKText"="MyChoiceOfProgram"
"HomeRSKPath"="\windows\Start Menu\Programs\MyFolderName\MyProgram.exe"
"HomeRSKArguments"=""

-or- (an example for switching to a Manila page)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeLSKText"="Programs"
"HomeLSKPath"="\windows\manila.exe"
"HomeLSKArguments"="--switchtopage programs.page

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-01-2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: OOPS I GOOFED THE QUOTE!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Thanks for the info.

Again, Thanks

ave read
One more thing, I'd give the latest S2U2 build (2.04) a try. I'm running it flawlessly with the Pimped 729 standard (but have also done Pimp-less). IMO it rocks.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:45 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
i've received multiple PMs asking for my report since i said i would try this and report back 2 days ago, so here it is:

after a day and a half of testing battery life with this reg edit, i can confirm that it does in fact drastically improve the life of the battery on this ROM. yesterday i noticed at least a 2 fold improvement in life and i used the phone a lot more as well. anyone else finding the battery drain on this ROM unacceptable, make this change and be amazed....

i vote for this reg setting in the next build. if you agree please voice your opinion to increase the chance that NRGZ notices and includes this simple fix. also, please thank Comstar in his original post of this fix.

to all the fanboys who are saying "TP battery sucks", "get a flip phone", "carry chargers with you everywhere", etc. you really need to chill out...this ROM causes necessary drain in its default settings.....this is not a bash, just calling it like it is. you may be able to accept crappy battery life as you sit at your computer all day with your phone plugged in next to you and post worthless replys on internet forums, but some of us actually like/need to use our WIRELESS devices WIRELESSLY....
I thought I already had that in there but I'll double check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboot View Post
NRGZ would you ever consider blessing us with a kitchen ???? THAT WOULD BE SICK!!!!!!!
Not anytime soon... When I decide to "retire" I will make my kitchen public. Right now it's huge and spread all over the place. I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy that can make sense of it all, it's HEAVILY customized

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1234 View Post
@NRG, great job man , keep up the awesome work donation #3 on the way
Thank you... could use it these days.... Trying to get a TP2 from Tmobile when it comes out Aug 12. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
Looks like the "vibrate on connect" is back....kinda. Its not your regular vibrate though....its very very faint...but you can feel it if you pay attention. Anyone know of a way to increase it?
I'd like to know as well... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Okay, I need some help. When NRG posted the lastest ROM he made a radio suggestion that works best with his ROM. I am now looking for the information that he posted but cannot seem to find it any longer....Anyone remember what it was or where it is? I searched this thread, his twitter page and need help.
I never posted that stuff since I dont own a CDMA device. Not exactly qualified to give out advice on CDMA radios :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with the menus(start, programs, settings) dimming randomly after a while? I can't figure out what the problem is. All the icons are dimmed but the taskbar stays fully lit.
Fixed in tonight's release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Thanks. I understand the links from twitter. My question is there are no hyperlinks on the actual energyrom site itself to this file. No big deal. Just an observation.
They're links to a server Not every file on the server will also appear on the website

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR

Last edited by NRGZ28; 08-01-2009 at 03:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dakiddale05 is just getting started

Soooo does these mean i should stay up longer? Lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

Can someone help me to add my own ringtones with this ROM? I placed wma sound files in the Windows directory and they don't show up in the Sounds and Notifications... Another folder?
Old 08-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
Can someone help me to add my own ringtones with this ROM? I placed wma sound files in the Windows directory and they don't show up in the Sounds and Notifications... Another folder?
Try putting them in my documents/ringtones.

Tonights release sounds great!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee
Looks like the "vibrate on connect" is back....kinda. Its not your regular vibrate though....its very very faint...but you can feel it if you pay attention. Anyone know of a way to increase it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I'd like to know as well... :P
the following should work according to another member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
hklm-software-htc-phone-phone extend setting-connecting vibration level (make your choice but take care with high vibration)

after that soft reset

take your decition more or lees
test your choise and the life of your battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
tonight as in friday late late night, or later saturday night? i was just about to flash my wifes phone to your rom but i will wait if you got something new coming out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcquik1 View Post
Hello All,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for putting up with nubes like me.
I flashed this rom thursday and love it. However, after loading titanium weather & showaco 's fancy buttons for tf3d, my phone started to slow way down. So, i hard reset and I am still getting same problem ... super slow, I mean stupid slow reaction and my keyboard and hard keys(talk,end) either work infrequently or not at all.
Now I have reflashed stock, but same issue with stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I think this newb has toasted his sprint touch pro. Thanks for any help!!
i believe your keyboard or other parts of the hardware on your phone are beginning to fail, my phone started lagging like crap before the kb eventually died out, its a common problem, hope u got insurance

Old 08-01-2009, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Try putting them in my documents/ringtones.

Tonights release sounds great!
That was it! Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro