PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Ok, I've searched and searched and can't seem to find a straight answer. I have the standard version of the 8/01 build. My clock is an hour off. I tried switching the time zones but it seems it gets 2 hours off. Can't get it to stay right. I tried installing the Pimp Package as someone says it fixes the issue. It didn't fix the issue at all.

Anyone have a detailed guide of fixing the 1 hour clock issue?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Most XP users never switch to Vista because Vista actually used there RAM and they didn't like that. XP users prefer that the system wait for a program to be launch then load it into the memory vs loading frequently used programs at start up. I don't worry about RAM I have it so it can be used not sit idle. That's all, just a assumption my comment was not meant to be a personal attach. TP has plenty of RAM.
i didnt take it as a personal attack, i never do on this site as with no eye to eye interaction, it's hard to judge how someone responds.

but can you clarify, how this applies to my TP. my feelings are, if i dont have ram left to open multiple apps, what's the use?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
I recomend you read before installing Lumos
The Information posted by AskWhy

This information it's Importan to read.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=660
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=674
man that was a great discussion.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

dendy.souvanh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Ok, I've searched and searched and can't seem to find a straight answer. I have the standard version of the 8/01 build. My clock is an hour off. I tried switching the time zones but it seems it gets 2 hours off. Can't get it to stay right. I tried installing the Pimp Package as someone says it fixes the issue. It didn't fix the issue at all.

go to windows.com and dl the dts update for your phone. go into the clock and manually set correct time.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

AskWhy Posted.
*shakes the Magic 8-Ball* "All signs point to YES"

In all seriousness, this is one of the things that is hopefully, finally, thoroughly resolved in Manila 2.1 -- what I can tell you is that I no longer have to manually set my Time Zone to MST (Mountain) under Start>Settings>Clocks to make sure it matches Manila World Clock. In order to ensure all my appointments would be correct when I sync them, this has been the first thing I did after any flash, without exception, for quite some time now. With manila 2.1, the system clock was already set to match the Manila World Clock, and required no intervention. My appointments sync on time and stay that way.

Now, is it possible that someone, somewhere, will find they can still trigger a 1 hour appointment shift? Anything is possible...

If you want refried and had problems for download
Try this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BD9BI4WX
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

I'm not on 8/1 yet, but the guide in my sig outlines some options for addressing the hour behind issue. ...there's a ton of information out there about how to fix it, so I tried to cull everything into one piece. Just look for the section on the clock settings. There may be other fixes, but this has worked for me for the past few months on every release.

EDIT: the clock off issue should be addressed in 2.1 though...I thought. Argh...need to flash.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 08-07-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Red face Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I'm not on 8/1 yet, but the guide in my sig outlines some options for addressing the hour behind issue. ...there's a ton of information out there about how to fix it, so I tried to cull everything into one piece. Just look for the section on the clock settings. There may be other fixes, but this has worked for me for the past few months on every release.

EDIT: the clock off issue should be addressed in 2.1 though...I thought. Argh...need to flash.
You're going to make me go turn signature's on eh? Thanks... might just do the reflash to the new version anyways. Hate doing retarded work-arounds for something I didn't really cause with one of my apps. Better than stock ROMs though. LOL
Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

es3045 is a n00b

has anyone had trouble with the voicemail message not going away? i cleared all my voicmail messages and did a reset and its still there. Im using the 8/1 build.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

This rom runs a LOT slower than the latest Juicy8 does.. even the start menu is skipping frames...

Any fixes?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post

What do these do?

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro