PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gonnaget2you is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
But the "SIP popup problem" is not a "problem". It's been around ever since xboxmod ported the rhodium manila to VGA. The rhodium manila REQUIRES the SIP to be open before launch. Therefore, he designed a loader that opens the SIP briefly, launches manila and closes the SIP. The newer version of the rhodium manila was released later, AFTER the tachi dialer got released. That manila doesn't require the SIP to be open, therefore you don't see it, but it DOES require the Tachi dialer to make calls.

Soooooooooooooooo, in my RD and Titanium versions I use the older manila witih the SIP popup. In my Standard release that has the Tachi dialer, you will see the newer Manila that doesn't popup the keyboard.

In closing, there's nothing you can do to fix it. If you "fix it" , manila will fail to launch What you CAN do is load up something like "nullSIP" to emulate a SIP but wont display anything on the screen.. but it's not a very elegant solution...

So.. please... I'd like to stop hearing about the "SIP popup" bug. It's not a bug, even though it may look like one. It's a "feature", although an ugly one
Can we extend this to the battery life also ,heck stock rom with every tweak i can find and the battery only lasted a half hour longer than on this rom...the battery life of this device just sucks...get over it and stop trying to blame the Rom...call htc ,your carrier for selling us this business level device that only makes it to lunch... Oh and boy do I wish I could run out and get a new device just cause I got a bad flash !!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

johnmclin is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to johnmclin
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Could someone tell me what sms/mms is included with the current ROM. I am a sprint subscriber and was wondering if it is the stock sprint picture mail or the updated picture mail from sprint that allows social network access. Also will the updated picture mail co-exist with arcsoft or not. I have seen sprint arcsoft cabs with instructions to run cab to remove sprint and any previous arcsoft mail. I have also seen a supposedly more current generic arcsoft cab with no sprint settings. If I use the more current one, what server settings need to be made.

Could someone please elaborate on the pros and cons of these options so that I may make an informed decision on as which one would be most appropriate for myself as well as others who may be interested.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2009, 12:41 AM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmclin View Post
Could someone tell me what sms/mms is included with the current ROM. I am a sprint subscriber and was wondering if it is the stock sprint picture mail or the updated picture mail from sprint that allows social network access. Also will the updated picture mail co-exist with arcsoft or not. I have seen sprint arcsoft cabs with instructions to run cab to remove sprint and any previous arcsoft mail. I have also seen a supposedly more current generic arcsoft cab with no sprint settings. If I use the more current one, what server settings need to be made.

Could someone please elaborate on the pros and cons of these options so that I may make an informed decision on as which one would be most appropriate for myself as well as others who may be interested.

Thanks in advance
ROM has Arcsoft but the user either has to install the cabs to get the server settings or enter manually.

Arcsoft- Gives you more size limitation settings, offers threaded MMS in Messaging, integrates well with messaging.

Sprint PIC mail- Dumped it a while ago.

Arcsoft MMS is the best choice IMO. The most recent is one for sprint that I am aware of is from Jack Dillard. Its called JD Arcsoft v. 5.2.1.22,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

johnmclin is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to johnmclin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
ROM has Arcsoft but the user either has to install the cabs to get the server settings or enter manually.

Arcsoft- Gives you more size limitation settings, offers threaded MMS in Messaging, integrates well with messaging.

Sprint PIC mail- Dumped it a while ago.

Arcsoft MMS is the best choice IMO. The most recent is one for sprint that I am aware of is from Jack Dillard. Its called JD Arcsoft v. 5.2.1.22,
Does this version already have sprint server info and if so does cab need to be run to remove previous versions first?
Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So...... anybody ready for some late night dining ? lol

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work

I'm hungry, what did you have in mind?
Old 07-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

bring it on
Old 07-27-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Phenom1211 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k7 View Post
when I installed Showaco AllTabs BG the clock gets messed up where it will have the correct time but only on the top half of the flip clock and the bottom half has 3 zeros???
Try turning off TF3D (Start > Settings > Today > Items > Uncheck TouchFlo 3D), Installing this cab, then re-enabling TF3D when done. It may ask you to soft reset after installing the cab, I can't quite remember. Be sure to soft reset if it does ask you. This worked for me, hopefully it will for you.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1248305414

Nokia N-GAGE QD > Motorola RAZR V3 > T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur) > Treo 700p for ~2 weeks, waiting for my > Sprint HTC Touch Pro - flashed to death, convinced Sprint to replace it with a > Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 + HTC Legend - won on Twitter from HTC

Last edited by Phenom1211; 07-27-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: forgot to link to cab
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

tuckstra is a n00b

i have alltel and when i connect to any program that uses data and then i finish using the program the data will not go to standby, any help.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

diskworm is a n00b

I posted earlier but no one came to my rescue! I did the youtube reg fixes mentioned in this post and still get no youtube action. Everytime I engage the program I get a "connection failed" error and then nothing else... scratchin my head on this one!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro