View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
gonnaget2you
Lurker

gonnaget2you is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
But the "SIP popup problem" is not a "problem". It's been around ever since xboxmod ported the rhodium manila to VGA. The rhodium manila REQUIRES the SIP to be open before launch. Therefore, he designed a loader that opens the SIP briefly, launches manila and closes the SIP. The newer version of the rhodium manila was released later, AFTER the tachi dialer got released. That manila doesn't require the SIP to be open, therefore you don't see it, but it DOES require the Tachi dialer to make calls.

Soooooooooooooooo, in my RD and Titanium versions I use the older manila witih the SIP popup. In my Standard release that has the Tachi dialer, you will see the newer Manila that doesn't popup the keyboard.

In closing, there's nothing you can do to fix it. If you "fix it" , manila will fail to launch What you CAN do is load up something like "nullSIP" to emulate a SIP but wont display anything on the screen.. but it's not a very elegant solution...

So.. please... I'd like to stop hearing about the "SIP popup" bug. It's not a bug, even though it may look like one. It's a "feature", although an ugly one
Can we extend this to the battery life also ,heck stock rom with every tweak i can find and the battery only lasted a half hour longer than on this rom...the battery life of this device just sucks...get over it and stop trying to blame the Rom...call htc ,your carrier for selling us this business level device that only makes it to lunch... Oh and boy do I wish I could run out and get a new device just cause I got a bad flash !!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.