PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

t803329x is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28008/21877) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Yup, same SMS lagging for me too, i'm using the WM SMS interface and it even hangs at the message list for about 30 seconds or more before I can use my phone again.

Btw, does anyone know if there is a place to track update/change logs for Microsofts builds? I would like to know whats new before I flash, to make sure it is worth the time and effort to reload my programs.

Also, is there any Sashimi working properly on 6.5 yet? I could never get it to install to SD Card.

Thanks.

+1 I am getting the Sashimi problem as well...I have to watch sashimi do its thing and quickly click the storage card option or it will install to main memory regardless of the fact the cab is in the SC folder...have no idea why it does this...
Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28008/21877) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Nrg - the experimental dialer seems to be working awesome. I have been using it since you put it up. most 2.5 builds i have tried, the dialer is too large for the screen, leaving the keypad and end call soft keys barely visibile, let alone usable. not sure what causes this, but with this new dialer you are using, I ONLY HAVE THAT ISSUE 20% of the time, and it seems that it depends on where i dial from... (directly entered number, from phone book, or call history.) most of the time, it is sized correctly. I am trying to narrow it down for us. Anyone else notice this?
I've noticed it too, but it always fixes itself within 5 seconds of the phone call. I noticed it on Dec. 4th and I'll be on the phone all night tonight so I'll see if its on Dec. 7th too.

Also on a whole new note, anyone have problems with WinMo's SMS randomly crashing? I don't mind Sense's texting but its just a little too sluggish and has no back key, so I used ZenYee(?)'s cab and I did the proper SMS/MMS dance and flash dance and I've noticed that it works fine for about 250 texts then starts having crashing issues: Press Send softkey in landscape, and it hangs there, click on OK softkey and it hangs in the Inbox tab with the old convo being displayed on top half of screen, opening a threaded conversation and it being stuck on "Loading Message".. Only way I can fix it is by using clean ram and if I get lucky, sometimes I can close it and open it again, usually it wont open at all and needs a soft reset. It kinda is sucky because I don't know who just texted me since it gets deleted and it tells me the old text that I replied was the new one when I know its already been read..

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I can't receive any new texts once it hangs as it wont ever load up in my Inbox and if I do nothing while this happens, the entire screen is blank with just the keyboard softkey at the bottom middle and the cursor blinking to type, but nothing works lol if I press the keyboard, it pops up for a second and just vanishes into the blackspace with m texts

Last edited by Ragster; 12-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

t803329x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Yup, same SMS lagging for me too, i'm using the WM SMS interface and it even hangs at the message list for about 30 seconds or more before I can use my phone again.

Btw, does anyone know if there is a place to track update/change logs for Microsofts builds? I would like to know whats new before I flash, to make sure it is worth the time and effort to reload my programs.

Also, is there any Sashimi working properly on 6.5 yet? I could never get it to install to SD Card.

Thanks.
Hey check out this thread on Sashimi's site http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtop...t=311&start=20. If you make a few changes to sashimi.mscr everything should work fine Tested on Nrg 28008M2.5 dec 4...
Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started

thanks T8,

I'll look into that soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Carrier: US Cellular

mkm1126 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
BTW - the links in my sig have a lot of the information from this thread summarized in an easier to follow thread. Just go to the correct one for your Manila version. While the builds might be different, there's still a lot of non-ROM specific info there along with links, cabs, and step-by-steps.
Thanks for that! I read through your guide a couple of times before I even attempted to flash. Very helpful!

One question . . . how do you change the soft keys? Where it says "Action", I'd like to replace that with "Phone" . . .

I haven't noticed any lagging with SMS, but am using the 2.1 standard 12/4 build. EnergyROM_21877_HERMAN_04.Dec.2009_Standard
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Anyone getting a Cannot Receive Audio Error using Skyfire. It is giving me a incompatible network (APN) setting. TCP connentions with SSL (port 443) UDP traffic (for audio). Is there a settings fix for Sprint?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:12 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm1126 View Post
Thanks for that! I read through your guide a couple of times before I even attempted to flash. Very helpful!

One question . . . how do you change the soft keys? Where it says "Action", I'd like to replace that with "Phone" . . .

I haven't noticed any lagging with SMS, but am using the 2.1 standard 12/4 build. EnergyROM_21877_HERMAN_04.Dec.2009_Standard
Softkeys can be changed through TouchPro Tweaks in START-TOOLS-TWEAKS. If you're using 2.1 Manila, I think you can change both right and left. In 2.5, I think you can only change left.

Enjoy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm1126 View Post

You can try using Diamond Tweak in the tools/tweaks folder. Go to #14 you'll see what your looking for. I don't know for sure if it works so good luck.

Looks like I was to slow. I swear ThreeFaces has this stuff in notepad and he just copies and paste. Maybe that's what I should do.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 12-09-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Mernin'. ...I see you're converting everyone into Chefs now! Haha. Be on the lookout for my "Doomsday ROM" in 2010. Haha. I'll need beta testers!
can't wait to see a threefaces rom in the new year!!!

would love to test when the time arises

Old 12-09-2009, 04:32 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
You can try using Diamond Tweak in the tools/tweaks folder. Go to #14 you'll see what your looking for. I don't know for sure if it works so good luck.

Looks like I was to slow. I swear ThreeFaces has this stuff in notepad and he just copies and paste. Maybe that's what I should do.
I have a whole Guide in Word. Haha. ...honestly after you've answered a question for the Nth time, you kinda just know where things are and what to do. I've been trying to cool back to let more new guys help folks, since you really learn a ton troubleshooting.

So yea, back to my hole...for now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro