PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I have been using 11/5 Manila 2.5 Rom for Past week and have no complaints.

Those who are having ringer issues can resolve by disabling HTC Sense via settings/today then soft reset,,,then set your ringers/alerts and soft reset again,,,,then enable HTC Sense via settings and you should now hear your custom ringers....

Those having problems with Messaging should disable HTC Messenger by using Cab attached to this thread...

NRG you are the man...almost dont want 23504/6 because of all the customizations i put into my phone already to get it working perfectly.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
Why cant they just be incorporated into the rom itself then?

Our great chef puts a lot of time and effort to get these custom ROMs to us (cranked out 5 versions last week!) and he also does work for different types of phone. These issues we are having are minor and I am sure he will cook the fixes in on the next update.

Last edited by christian.a; 11-09-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

NRG---is there any way you can create a Lite version of this rom for us Verizon Users, it seems that when i flash this rom, i end up with low memory but the rom itself is great...
Model: Touch Pro (Verizon)
Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

If you get tap here to start tf3d then you probably have an incompatable manila mod.
Remove mods and try again.
Turn off tf3d first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
ach, having my own problems as well now. opening the keyboard, going to landscape, defeats the whole sense thing. black screen across the whole center. i still have the soft buttons available, but that's it
...I'm sure it was explained, but yea, there's no landscape support for 2.5 on our devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
there should be something mentioned that people should read the new guide before posting anymore,

every page is another newb who didn't bother reading if the landscape issue is a problem
You can always refer people to the Guide. I agree, it's tough trying to be helpful and not have to repeat the same information over and over. I've been tracking this ROM from the beginning...helping others helps me learn more about it. When I get annoyed, I log off.

For new users, this thread may be 150000 pages, but you don't have to read any further back than 10-20 pages tops to get caught up with what's going on with any particular ROM release. In fact, browsing the first 10 or so pages from a ROM release date is a decent start. Second, google search works wonders. "your issue", "touch pro" "nrg rom" or "manila 2.5".

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
there are over 400 pages here. but, thanks for understanding

not to mention, my pdf reader is on the kaputz, so i can't just load the link.
I'm working on a Thread version today, dedicated to the 2.5 ROMS - assuming 2.1 isn't going away just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9821 View Post
Can someone take a couple of moments to explain to me why there can't be any landscape mode in 2.5? I'm confused because this screenshot I just took of my phone in landscape mode looks fine to me, aside from the small alignment issues.

Heres a short vid just scrolling through TouchFlo:
http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/r...ideo000001.flv
That's a glitch, it's not actually displayed in landscape...the screen hasn't redrawn itself, it's just kinda turned. Like, you calendar items should have redrawn to the side, and your slider should hide, etc...that's not landscape.

Landscape would require, as far as I can tell, the creation of landscape manila files that we would use. ...which, I would guess, is not a simple thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyharris2008 View Post
Honestly guys I am so sick of coming to this forum reading about the same petty problems!!! Everytime I log in its 20 pages asking the same questions and the same people repeating them selves with the answers, its ludicris! The real problem we have here at hand is LANDSCAPE MODE and getting 2.5 Fully PORTED to the touch pro, it would be nice if people actually search the forum and only post fixes or new problems that hasn't been mentioned. WHERE'S THAT GUY THAT MAKE THE WIKI FOR THE ROMS, WE NEED HIM SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE WHATS WRONG SO FAR AND HOW TO FIX IT, BECAUSE I DONT LIKE READING 20-50PAGES OF THE SAME STUFF EVERYTIME I LOG ON
Hi. It's not a wiki, but I have a Guide that will help get you started. I'm working on creating a new thread...give it time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I tried changed the right one from Menu back to contacts. But it didn't work with touchpro tweak. I did change the left one w/o a problem. Any suggestions?
Left Key...the right key is dedicated for the 2.5 "Menu". I don't know if you can change that...I wouldn't, since those options seem important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaopac View Post
hey guys, can you tell me how did you get the fullscreen function works correctly on the 21xxx build, i tried for couple days and it seems not to work out so well, i can't slide to any tab, if i want to change, i have to tap on it, so can anyone give me a fix or sth please? it'll be great to have fullscreen on this ROM
...the instructions are all found in the developers thread. If you have issues with the program, read the thread or post there so the dev knows if or when there are issues. It's also far more likely that you'll find the answer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
There is also an HTML guide as well as the PDF
...today there will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
Anyone else having the issue where the clock has to flip forward when you go back to the home tab? I am currently running the Nov. 5 build, 21864. I thought I read a few (probably more than a few at this point) that someone had the clock flip issue on the Nov. 4 build but it went away with the 11/5 build. Just checking to see if others are having this issue or if I need to do the "Dance" again. Oh well if I do. Thanks for any help.
...I think it does that to show off the animation, it's not a bug. Unless it flips forward to the wrong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
Why cant they just be incorporated into the rom itself then?
PM the Chef. ...there's probably a good reason. We have the fixes, so it's not really a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
Are you using custom ringtones? Try going to sound setting and change the ringtone sound. For some reason, mine would not work either after the flash until I selected a different sound.
I still haven't had any ringer corruption...or any issues at all with the dialer. Once, the answer slider was hidden, but the physical keys worked to answer the call.

I think most people found that setting your ringers with Sense off helps. Then, don't mess with them. ...not sure if that actually works or what folks would be doing to corrupt the ringers in the first place.

...anyway, new Guide Thread dedicated to 2.5 coming sometime today.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There was a bit of talk on mylocation yesterday and thought to mention that while the weather tab finds the city i live at, but the time is off by 5 hours. Also tried adding the location by using the weather editor and same diff. wierd...

Three...nice write up on 11/5 build!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Anybody not able to setup the Hotmail account with the latest 21864? Windows live wizard screen shows up and asks for the account information, but after entering the account info, the window goes away, and comes back again with the license agreement screen, no matter how many times I try, it only goes two wizard screens. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Airtel

sugur is a n00b

recently i have installed energy rom on my diamond..
gps satellites was not detecting on my phone..it was taking abt 15-20 mins to search for the gps signals..
after searching also..it was not in the active mode..help me plz..
Old 11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
There was a bit of talk on mylocation yesterday and thought to mention that while the weather tab finds the city i live at, but the time is off by 5 hours. Also tried adding the location by using the weather editor and same diff. wierd...

Three...nice write up on 11/5 build!
...which time? Your World Clock or the time of the last update shown on the Weather Tab?

I haven't been using custom manila since I assume it's completely different. I've knocked out all cities and have only MyLocation set to do it's jobby job and I've had good results.

I'm mostly convinced that MyLocation is pulling some sort of tower information and that's why everyone gets a different bag. I also notice that as it triangulates, the information changes depending on which towers it picks up. So at my office it may say "Rosslyn [VA...just over the river]" "Washington [DC]" or "West Over Place". It's all accurate within reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts View Post
Anybody not able to setup the Hotmail account with the latest 21864? Windows live wizard screen shows up and asks for the account information, but after entering the account info, the window goes away, and comes back again with the license agreement screen, no matter how many times I try, it only goes two wizard screens. Any help would be appreciated.
Check my Guide for the instructions.

OR...the hot new Thread I just created specifically for this ROM and 2.5. I'm keeping the 2.1 Thread and Guide in place until they're fully phased out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...16#post1312016

Eat it up.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Check my Guide for the instructions.

OR...the hot new Thread I just created specifically for this ROM and 2.5. I'm keeping the 2.1 Thread and Guide in place until they're fully phased out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...16#post1312016

Eat it up.
Worked for me.. Excellent cooking by NRG.. and nice setup by ThreeFaces.. Thanks guys..

Now that I can read most of my emails completely without going in to the Inbox, is there an easy way to "Mark all as Read" from the home screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro