PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

K, Windows live is not working anyone else having this problem i used nov 3 and nov5 rom, i need to get my emails. thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
K, Windows live is not working anyone else having this problem i used nov 3 and nov5 rom, i need to get my emails. thanks
Yep....all of us. Read a couple of pages back.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
With NRG ROMs you don't have to rename the RAPHIMG.nbh. Just extract it, put it in the root of the SD that is formatted FAT32. I have read many a time where some useres rename the file RAPHIMG.nbh and the extension is automatically .nbh making the file that was renamed RAPHIMG.nbh.nbh. When a file named this is put on the root of the card and the phone put into bootloader it will blink the bootloader screen for a second then say loading on a grey screen, then flicker right back to the boatloader screen. I have also read where it will just flicker the boatloader screen, go to the grey screen but it will only say "loading..." and not do anything until you soft reset. Are you sure your file is named correctly???? haven't heard of any other issue not allowing SD flashing. I only flash from SD, always have and renaming is the only issueI have ever had.
I don't know if it is just some cards or a filesystem naming problem, but I have some RAPHIMG.nbh files that are recognized by the SPL and other that won't. This is on the same card, which would seem to point to a filesystem naming issue, but it could be multiple problems with the same symptoms.

To eliminate other possibilities I took the 1GB sandisk that came with the Touch Pro, formated it FAT32, copied the RAPHIMG.nbh to the card on winxp and did the vulcan death grip.

I get the gray screen with the "No Image File!" text flashing by, then the 3 color screen.

I just use USB and the updater now because the SD card method doesn't always work.

I'm sure it is a problem with the SPL not being able to recognize the file, but I don't know if it is because the card can't be read, the filesystem can't be read, the filename can't be found, or the file is found and there is something about the file the SPL doesn't like. Would be nice if the SPL actually told you what the problem was.

I suspect it is either the windows 8.3 to longer name mapping or some issue with how the cards are formatted, either as a floppy style drive where there is no partition table or as raw disk/hard disk style with partition table.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that someone else has noticed this behavior before.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

So funny, silence has filled the forum while everyone plays with the latest ROM. ROFLOL!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
With NRG ROMs you don't have to rename the RAPHIMG.nbh. Just extract it, put it in the root of the SD that is formatted FAT32. I have read many a time where some useres rename the file RAPHIMG.nbh and the extension is automatically .nbh making the file that was renamed RAPHIMG.nbh.nbh. When a file named this is put on the root of the card and the phone put into bootloader it will blink the bootloader screen for a second then say loading on a grey screen, then flicker right back to the boatloader screen. I have also read where it will just flicker the boatloader screen, go to the grey screen but it will only say "loading..." and not do anything until you soft reset. Are you sure your file is named correctly???? haven't heard of any other issue not allowing SD flashing. I only flash from SD, always have and renaming is the only issueI have ever had.
at first, I didn't rename or anything. I simply extract to the root of my SD card, but I didn't see any of the flashing to green or gray not to mention no press the power button. I don't know what the deal is. I know the file was already in the format I needed so I didn't tinker with it. but seems odd that it doens't work.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

i am switching to 21000 version of rom, 23081 doesnt seem to run very well with this version of manila
Old 11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gladguy is a n00b

Can anyone decipher the naming logic behind NRG'z ROMs? What do the numbers tell us?

Also, I'm currently running 23016 and finding it stable and feature-rich. I would like to try the newest 21864 and see if it works well on my handset. However, if I'm not happy, I'd like to be able to revert to the one I know works -- 23016. Is there a repository somewhere of old NRG ROMs, or does anyone have a copy of 23016 they can send me through PM?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I checked all those things. My sd card is FAT32, the file is just lying there under storage card. But it doens't ask me to hit the power button. Unless I am doing something wrong with the file, but the name is as RAPHIMG.nbh.....
let me just ask, which file is it that I should be renaming? the customRUU one or the RAPHIMG.nbh after unzipping?
christians right, but I think your issue is that you are on stock rom-right?
In stock File explorer just name it raphimg, that's all I see when I put raphimg.nbh onto my card and then use the stock file explorer to view it.
SO if you name it raphimg.nbh in stock ROM you may be calling it raphimg.nbh.nbh.
Hope that doesnt confuse you.....I typed it and I can barely follow it

Being that you are in stock ROM how did you get it to your card. When I extract from the rar it puts raphimg.nbh right on my card.
Let us know how it goes.

Edit: Whotahn bet me

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-05-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kre8ve is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kre8ve

Hi. I was wondering if this rom will work for cricket with a cricket carrier cab? If it will can someone post the carrier cab for cricket as well. I really like this rom and would love to have it working with cricket service. Thanks in advance....
Old 11-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladguy View Post
Can anyone decipher the naming logic behind NRG'z ROMs? What do the numbers tell us?

Also, I'm currently running 23016 and finding it stable and feature-rich. I would like to try the newest 21864 and see if it works well on my handset. However, if I'm not happy, I'd like to be able to revert to the one I know works -- 23016. Is there a repository somewhere of old NRG ROMs, or does anyone have a copy of 23016 they can send me through PM?
Basically date, Windows mobile build, manila version. So the 21xxx builds are WinMo 6.5 and the 23xxx builds are WinMo 6.5.1 where the Start buttons have been moved to the bottom of the screen. IMO the only functional difference in 6.5 and 6.5.1 that I have seen is that 6.5.1 is much more finger friendly. Across the board.

Oops didnt finish
If you are running the older build where did you save the download? All you have to do is reflash. You cant PM files so hit me up and we'll work something out.
Keep in mind the 2.5 manila version are essentially testing ROMs ( but like 99% completed) as the chef continues his amazing work. We are testing, finding issues and reporting back. If that is your thing, come join the party.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-05-2009 at 09:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro