PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
On the home screen is shows "my location" with weather data. Is that updated using GPS or what? It shows the same as weather.com for my city. If it does use GPS that may explain why my garmin XT is not working.

EDIT:
OK. It now says my city, but how did it know what city I'm in? Must be using GPS??
Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
you are correct it does use gps,mine list me as close as the park half a mile up the street from my house!!! seems accurate!!
If it is half a mile up the street that isn't GPS. Most likely it is using the Google Gears GeoLocation API and sending it tower/radio info. Good enough for weather and pizza lookups. Maybe under different circumstances they'll use whatever location service is available. Would need more testing.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Anyone know why Garmin XT crashes when I try to run it? Must be 2.5 and XT don't play nice together? Reverting back to 10-28.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wosiek View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 6.0; en) Opera 9.5)

Just a thought... But have any of you noticed that disabling AGPS will then allow My Location to pull data for Weather? Almost like AGPS is fighting with some other system setting.. And if this has already been mentioned, I apologize as I'm composing this on my TP during lunch.
From the earlier report, I don't believe weather is using A-GPS or GPS. It sounds like it is using radio/tower info and the Google Gears GeoLocation API.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetkydd View Post
HELP... Maybe its me being retarded but I flashed to the new rom yesterday and it didn't allow me to hook my hotmail account up to the fone nor would it allow me to send and txt msgs... are there anyone having the same problems as me or are there any solutions for what I am going through. I really like the new m2.5 but if i can't get it to work I might have to stick with the october 22 rom.
plz hlp
There is a fix around the hotmail issue in threeface's guide. Check it out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86944
About your txt msg issues, everyone seems to have that working, though you can try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1248444834
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eltee is a n00b

Physical keyboard issues seem to plague all of these releases for me.

Each of them seems to be applying some kind of 'T9 like' logic to physical keyboard input (not the virtual keyboard input strangely enough, unless selected specifically)

Basically it now ignores the use of the shift key in the actual text input (the light on the phone still toggles properly, but pressing: "shift, hello" produces hello, not Hello unless put in 'caps' double shift mode.

It also ignores function key symbols for all but the ones above numbers, making it impossible for me to enter even basic punctuation, without using the symbol chart, or virtual keyboard.

This has held true from every build oct22nd forwards.

I flashed back to stock sprint, and everything worked normally. Flashed to an older (september) build of energyRom and everything worked normally. Flashing any of these new ones though >= oct22 puts the keyboard input back in this same weird/hard to use state.

(Note: setting the text input settings, including T9, only seem to affect input from the virtual keyboard, the physical keyboard input/state is completely unchanged)
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryHayes View Post
does anyone have a mirror for 21864 build? hotfile is being stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Check your PM
me too?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Anyone know why Garmin XT crashes when I try to run it? Must be 2.5 and XT don't play nice together? Reverting back to 10-28.
I don't think anyone has really played with XT besides you and I...... hahahaha So far, no go. I wish it could work, but the safe bet is go back to 2.1 and wait till a later and more stable 2.5.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

FYI-My Location doesnt use GPS alone. It uses cell towers too. My guess=This is why if you open Google Maps it'll have your location with 1600 meters until it gets a GPS lock after you go under Menu and select Use GPS. Just FYI.

From Google:
"We'd be happy to lift the covers and give you a peek into the inner workings of the Google location server, which powers the My Location feature.

Wireless phones can make and receive calls because they are connected over the air to a nearby cell tower. The phone knows the ID of the cell tower that it's currently using. If the phone has GPS, the Maps application on the phone sends the GPS coordinates along with the cell ID to the Google location server. Over millions of such updates, across multiple phones, carriers, and times, the server clusters the GPS updates corresponding to a particular cell ID to find their rough center. So when a phone without GPS needs its own location, the application on the phone queries the Google location server with the cell tower ID to translate that into a geographic location, i.e., lat/long coordinates. Nifty, huh? We think so."

So now my question is-if our phone DOES have a GPS chip does that factor into My Location? I dont think so, I think I've read that the service is Tower based. Could be wrong. AGPS has no effect on My Location for me, On or Off it works the same.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-05-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltee View Post
Physical keyboard issues seem to plague all of these releases for me.

Each of them seems to be applying some kind of 'T9 like' logic to physical keyboard input (not the virtual keyboard input strangely enough, unless selected specifically)

Basically it now ignores the use of the shift key in the actual text input (the light on the phone still toggles properly, but pressing: "shift, hello" produces hello, not Hello unless put in 'caps' double shift mode.

It also ignores function key symbols for all but the ones above numbers, making it impossible for me to enter even basic punctuation, without using the symbol chart, or virtual keyboard.

This has held true from every build oct22nd forwards.

I flashed back to stock sprint, and everything worked normally. Flashed to an older (september) build of energyRom and everything worked normally. Flashing any of these new ones though >= oct22 puts the keyboard input back in this same weird/hard to use state.

(Note: setting the text input settings, including T9, only seem to affect input from the virtual keyboard, the physical keyboard input/state is completely unchanged)
Try this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1256238031
It has fixed many physical keyboard problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

Very pretty alot of potential, just pretty buggy right now.

Can't reply to texts is my biggest gripe right now. Have to create new text to reply.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro