View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
tkedch
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltee View Post
Physical keyboard issues seem to plague all of these releases for me.

Each of them seems to be applying some kind of 'T9 like' logic to physical keyboard input (not the virtual keyboard input strangely enough, unless selected specifically)

Basically it now ignores the use of the shift key in the actual text input (the light on the phone still toggles properly, but pressing: "shift, hello" produces hello, not Hello unless put in 'caps' double shift mode.

It also ignores function key symbols for all but the ones above numbers, making it impossible for me to enter even basic punctuation, without using the symbol chart, or virtual keyboard.

This has held true from every build oct22nd forwards.

I flashed back to stock sprint, and everything worked normally. Flashed to an older (september) build of energyRom and everything worked normally. Flashing any of these new ones though >= oct22 puts the keyboard input back in this same weird/hard to use state.

(Note: setting the text input settings, including T9, only seem to affect input from the virtual keyboard, the physical keyboard input/state is completely unchanged)
Try this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1256238031
It has fixed many physical keyboard problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.