View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:53 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladguy View Post
Can anyone decipher the naming logic behind NRG'z ROMs? What do the numbers tell us?

Also, I'm currently running 23016 and finding it stable and feature-rich. I would like to try the newest 21864 and see if it works well on my handset. However, if I'm not happy, I'd like to be able to revert to the one I know works -- 23016. Is there a repository somewhere of old NRG ROMs, or does anyone have a copy of 23016 they can send me through PM?
Basically date, Windows mobile build, manila version. So the 21xxx builds are WinMo 6.5 and the 23xxx builds are WinMo 6.5.1 where the Start buttons have been moved to the bottom of the screen. IMO the only functional difference in 6.5 and 6.5.1 that I have seen is that 6.5.1 is much more finger friendly. Across the board.

Oops didnt finish
If you are running the older build where did you save the download? All you have to do is reflash. You cant PM files so hit me up and we'll work something out.
Keep in mind the 2.5 manila version are essentially testing ROMs ( but like 99% completed) as the chef continues his amazing work. We are testing, finding issues and reporting back. If that is your thing, come join the party.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-05-2009 at 09:00 PM.