PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty3656 View Post
I'm a noob. What is the significance of the using build number 23016 (why not use a later build)?
Bugs. NRG is a chef of top notch calibur. He refuses to use some of the newer versions due to the bugs it presents and the image that puts on his ROM. The new 6.5 stuff is designed primarily for WVGA at this point, making issues arise with screen size.

Sure he could say "here it is system # blah blah...BUT MS is still working on it and it is going to affect certain programs screen orientation, and this and that BUT it's not my ROM that is buggy" But he would rather the ROM be smooth as black ice and not have bugs that some users would blame on him before they even read the post or search the thread. Heck this happens occasionaly still and we NRG Addicts unite to set the record straight. We don't want to spend a ton of time explaining MS bugs to users who don't understand or take the time to read, taking away from the ROM discussion. Look how much we have to go into friggin battery life around here.....could you imagine if it were MS bugs we were explaining..........

Hope this helps, I'm pretty much a noob myself.

Stay NRGized!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Was kinda hopin for the weaether flipclock but oh well... ill wait and see how the rest review as compared to 9/20 before I flash.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuge123 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

so am i the only one bummed we didnt get the new 2.5 manilia or even just the weather flip clock? oh well.... maybe next time. good work tweakin an already awesome build nrg, great job!
Maybe, because I think most people knew already that this update wasn't going to include 2.5.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty3656 View Post
I'm a noob. What is the significance of the using build number 23016 (why not use a later build)?
In most cases, it's a matter of stability and bugginess - just because a build is new doesn't mean it works great. Most folks want new builds based on screen shots, not practical use. If you get curious, try flashing another ROM with different builds to compare the features. You might find something you like...or that you're glad we weren't "upgraded" to.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_doug View Post
Good things are allways worth waiting for though
Worth every second brother, every second!

I'm stoked to get a new ROM. Sure 2.5 and newer 6.5 builds are nice but they are buggy. While trying to figure out this "my location" crap I tried several ROms with newer 6.5 builds and although having the Start buttons at the bottom is more user friendly, the rest is not so appealing. NO FEAR,I flashed right back to NRG. Looks like I will be flashing again SOON!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

switang is a n00b

I ran across a friend of a friend of a friend the other day, he had the HTC Touch Pro and the same ROM hahaha.

Thanks NRG for the ROM and making the world a smaller place
Old 10-13-2009, 02:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

cinOxen is a n00b

I just have to say.... This.. ROM... is... GREAT!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinOxen View Post
I just have to say.... This.. ROM... is... GREAT!
It is offficial..........10% now....OK this wait wil be worse than Paint drying!!!!!!! 12%......
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Downloading the new ROM as we speak.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

blackg is becoming a great contributor

I just installed it and checking it out now.

For those that want to nab this a little quicker I uploaded it for you.

http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~blackg/EnergyROM_HERMAN_20091013_Standard.rar
This post has been thanked 11 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro