PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jviola is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

I have a question about all the battery testing that have been mentioned in this forum, are you using bluetooth and GPS? I'm a heavy bluetooth user and I like to use my GPS. How long do your batteries last using bluetooth and GPS?

Also, another question. On my phone I like to press and hold the phone button and have it activate Voice Commands. On this one the task Manager appears. I tried to switch it in the button program, but I don't see voice command in the list of programs that I can choose. Also, when I make a choose and try to leave the program it complains that I have 2 or more button assigned to the same thing, which is the "Context Menu" how to make changes and save them in this program.

Thanks,
Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviola View Post
I have a question about all the battery testing that have been mentioned in this forum, are you using bluetooth and GPS? I'm a heavy bluetooth user and I like to use my GPS. How long do your batteries last using bluetooth and GPS?

Also, another question. On my phone I like to press and hold the phone button and have it activate Voice Commands. On this one the task Manager appears. I tried to switch it in the button program, but I don't see voice command in the list of programs that I can choose. Also, when I make a choose and try to leave the program it complains that I have 2 or more button assigned to the same thing, which is the "Context Menu" how to make changes and save them in this program.

Thanks,
For both Bluetooth and GPS situations I'm on a car charger, so I can't really say much. Extended trips using GPS, like 6-8 hours will usually give me some headaches that are not entirely ROM-related, namely the device will eventually heat up enough to stop the USB from charging the device and will then will drain out the battery. ...more of a heads up than anything. "How long do your batteries last" will likely yield you many different responses, since situational factors come into play. ...on those long trips, for example, I know roaming may have an impact on my battery temp and drain. ...but walking up the street using GPS to find a local business or something has little impact.

Your second question I can help with. Look in the Guide in my sig, or search this thread or Google for MS Voice Command. Install the cab and ignore if it tells you it didnt install. Soft reset and look in START-SETTINGS-PERSONAL and you should now see Voice Command. Open the program to configure the settings to your taste.

In the same place - START-SETTINGS-PERSONAL go into "Buttons" where you can now set the long press of the send key to activate Voice Command.

...hope that helps some.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (w/ FreshToast2.1)

BrettChaotix is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrettChaotix

The Sept 20th rom is the fastest one I've seen yet - I love it!

The only thing I don't love is that none of the soft-key menus work for say, text messages or phone. I've tried with and without Manila enabled

Anyone else have this problem? I did a hard reset after flashing but I think I'm going to try one more time.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

AmazingLarry is a n00b

I'm still having a problem with my data connection. If I soft reset, it asks for a password to connect. I leave it blank and check "Save Password" but it doesn't save. I deleted the DATA connection and rebuilt it, and it still won't save, any ideas?

EDIT: It connects just fine, btw.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

i love the rom and have been trying to stop my phone from vibrating on every touch.. can someone help me out? im looking on the 1rst page as we speak.. thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

I believe NRG fixed that when he reuploaded. But if you grabbed it before that from the sounds of it there is a reg hack back about 10 pages or so I think.

I think...

Disable Harware Haptic Feedback: [HKLM\Software\OEM\KeyState]
"KeyVibratorState"=DWORD:00000000
Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
i love the rom and have been trying to stop my phone from vibrating on every touch.. can someone help me out? im looking on the 1rst page as we speak.. thanks!
found it on first page. thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:48 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

21 and a half hours and I am at 29% battery.
This extended battery ROCKS!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post
The Sept 20th rom is the fastest one I've seen yet - I love it!

The only thing I don't love is that none of the soft-key menus work for say, text messages or phone. I've tried with and without Manila enabled

Anyone else have this problem? I did a hard reset after flashing but I think I'm going to try one more time.
Maybe your screen alignment is off?

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 09-22-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
21 and a half hours and I am at 29% battery.
This extended battery ROCKS!

curious... how much time have you spent on calls out of that 21 hours?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro