PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
This is a strange battery issue - but seems par for the course with this ROM. I had it on the charger all last night pulled it off this morning and it was at 100% and used it for about a minute or two. I then placed it back on the charger, for about 15 minutes and then pulled it off and it was at 10%. I have the lowbatterymeterfix installed which fixed the issue when I first flashed. I've never had a battery issue like this on this ROM since installing this fix.
If you go to Settings->System->Power & Backlight, what does the battery remaining say? The issue with the battery icon showing low is just a simple problem with the registry doing the math wrong in the display so it doesn't show the correct % left. That particular problem/fix should not affect actual battery life.

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-19-2009, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
If you go to Settings->System->Power & Backlight, what does the battery remaining say? The issue with the battery icon showing low is just a simple problem with the registry doing the math wrong in the display so it doesn't show the correct % left. That particular problem/fix should not affect actual battery life.
So if the battery in reality has 90% left, but it's "reporting" 10%, do I have to just keep hitting the "Dismiss" button on the warning that tells me I only have 10% left? It won't shut off when it "thinks" it's at 0%, but is actually at 90% will it?

Last edited by cmajewsk; 04-19-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
So if the battery in reality has 90% left, but it's "reporting" 10%, do I have to just keep hitting the "Dismiss" button on the warning that tells me I only have 10% left? It won't shut off when it "thinks" it's at 0%, but is actually at 90% will it?
Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure about that... What does the cpl report the battery as? Honestly even with strange battery issues there is no way I can see the battery jumping down to 10% so quickly....
Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure about that... What does the cpl report the battery as? Honestly even with strange battery issues there is no way I can see the battery jumping down to 10% so quickly....
Oh it DEFINITELY didn't jump down that quickly! But if the OS "thinks" it's that low it'll react as it's programmed...and that's what worries me.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Oh it DEFINITELY didn't jump down that quickly! But if the OS "thinks" it's that low it'll react as it's programmed...and that's what worries me.
After installing the "battery fix" on the first page your icon at the top should be accurate. You can always double check by going to "Power" in Settings. The OS will react to actual battery conditions, so in your case it sounds like the battery is actually low.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shil View Post
Oh and one other thing, would it be possible to add in MS Voice Commander in a future update. Don't beleive its too large of a file, but really helpful in areas where hands free is mandatory.
I agree. I live in Cali where hands free is not optional. Here you go if you don't have it though. The cab is floating around all over this site.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MS Voice Command 1.6.19209.CAB (4.26 MB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

richjolliff is a n00b

Something else I noticed yesterday the calendar has weather in celcius instead of farenheit. Thanks for allll your help
Old 04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richjolliff View Post
Something else I noticed yesterday the calendar has weather in celcius instead of farenheit. Thanks for allll your help
This is a Rhodium bug - not a ROM bug.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

the map g-alarm to clock cab doesnt work for me, i get an error on screen after every soft-reset, had to hard reset to remove it cuz i wasnt sure which one it was in remove programs list

Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
the map g-alarm to clock cab doesnt work for me, i get an error on screen after every soft-reset, had to hard reset to remove it cuz i wasnt sure which one it was in remove programs list
Sorry about that, it's kind of a hack fix, it will be rolled into the next release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development