PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Are you sure about setting the poll interval so low? It sounds contrary, but I *believe* that the lower the number, the less frequently it checks the battery... I set mine down to 1250, ran with wifi, bt and gps on and it sat at 45% for a good 30 minutes. Soft reset and it said 35%. I highly doubt a soft-reset took up 10% power, so I wonder if my battery % just wasn't updating.
Well, to be honest, I am not sure. I've played around with these values and although, I can't quantify it, I have noticed different results for different ROMs. I set it at 1250 for a few hours on your ROM, and didn't seem to make a difference. Over the last four hours, I've had it set at 2250 and noticed a "slow down" in the battery drain, and just for kicks, I just soft re-set and it did go down 1%, but that seems normal to me. I'm not trying to reveal the next break through on battery performance, since it really boils down to phone use and quality of the battery to a certain extent, but it's worth some playing around with. Thanks again BTW!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok, anyone else have this problem? It will not start Manila 3d. I just falshed and performed a hard reset, clean brand new system: It says click here to start Touch Flo 3d, and the screen flickers a bit but nothing happens. Any Ideas? I have a VZW TOuch Pro. I think I'll go back to juicy rom. This Psyki rom was fast tho, fastest I've seen, and hella faster than SSK, lol.

Last edited by dehx; 04-19-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
Ok, anyone else have this problem? It will not start Manila 3d. I just falshed and performed a hard reset, clean brand new system: It says click here to start Touch Flo 3d, and the screen flickers a bit but nothing happens. Any Ideas? I have a VZW TOuch Pro.
I think other VZW users have had no problem, otherwise I might suspect a pagepool issue. I have never had that problem. I assume everything looked normal during the initial boot/setup process?

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

schnebs1 is keeping up the good workschnebs1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to schnebs1

Quote:
I think other VZW users have had no problem, otherwise I might suspect a pagepool issue. I have never had that problem. I assume everything looked normal during the initial boot/setup process?
I suspect PP problem as well, though I have no way to verify. I have heard that 6MB PP is good for Verizon TP.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebs1 View Post
I suspect PP problem as well, though I have no way to verify. I have heard that 6MB PP is good for Verizon TP.
Do you know how to change it yourself? There is a pagepool changer in the RRU.rar on the first post.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You're on the right track but the mapping I'm looking for switches to the manila "all people" view you get when you are on the contacts tab. I had it once but stupidly deleted the exact reg keys. Doh.
I found two links that will probably help you make it work. I did not know how to go about doing the first one but you might. I tried the second link but it did not work for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1186

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=315
Old 04-19-2009, 08:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

shil is a n00b

Installed it yesterday, after about trying 5 different roms in the past few weeks, I had the comment from my wife and co-workers that this is one of the best looking/feeling ones I've had. Kudos!

I did find one issue maybe someone here can help me with: Music tab.

The menu button appears to be broken, click it, it goes no where. It lights up and just brings up the menu which is where you can do shuffle etc.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shil View Post
Installed it yesterday, after about trying 5 different roms in the past few weeks, I had the comment from my wife and co-workers that this is one of the best looking/feeling ones I've had. Kudos!

I did find one issue maybe someone here can help me with: Music tab.

The menu button appears to be broken, click it, it goes no where. It lights up and just brings up the menu which is where you can do shuffle etc.
Thank you! Glad you like it. And holy crap, you are correct about audio manager!! I was sure I had tested everything, I can't believe I missed that...
Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

shil is a n00b

Quote:
Thank you! Glad you like it. And holy crap, you are correct about audio manager!! I was sure I had tested everything, I can't believe I missed that...
Not a problem man, its relatively minor IMO, since I can open WM or TCPMP. (or install Core) Just a minor annoyance I figured I'd mention.

Just so I can make sure also, any known issues with updating via Sprint? (Such as the PRL?) I know some ROMs have caused issues if people try to update, so figured I'd ask.

Oh and one other thing, would it be possible to add in MS Voice Commander in a future update. Don't beleive its too large of a file, but really helpful in areas where hands free is mandatory.

Last edited by shil; 04-19-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

This is a strange battery issue - but seems par for the course with this ROM. I had it on the charger all last night pulled it off this morning and it was at 100% and used it for about a minute or two. I then placed it back on the charger, for about 15 minutes and then pulled it off and it was at 10%. I have the lowbatterymeterfix installed which fixed the issue when I first flashed. I've never had a battery issue like this on this ROM since installing this fix.

Last edited by cmajewsk; 04-19-2009 at 10:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development