PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
If you go to the dialer, hit right soft-key, options. I followed Silence's lead and hid the phone options from the control panel.
What's the point of doing this? It's not like there's not enough room for this icon. How do I get to my "dialer" besides clicking on a contact and making a "fake" call to the them? All just to bring up my phone? Is there a shortcut to the phone anywhere?

Also how do I remap the softkeys. The standard file explorer is a joke. And since SMS is on the first set of TF3D tabs it makes it redundant to have it as the right soft key as well.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Holy crap, you guys actually want to pay me? In no way do I expect any sort of compensation for what amounts to a fun hobby for me but I sincerely appreciate the gesture!! Anyway, here is a link if you want to donate to the cause (also updated on the first post)

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

using the cdma sms fix fixed my keyboard covering up the text box and send button!

Last edited by nate.spangler; 04-18-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
What's the point of doing this? It's not like there's not enough room for this icon. How do I get to my "dialer" besides clicking on a contact and making a "fake" call to the them? All just to bring up my phone? Is there a shortcut to the phone anywhere?

Also how do I remap the softkeys. The standard file explorer is a joke. And since SMS is on the first set of TF3D tabs it makes it redundant to have it as the right soft key as well.
Noted. I will add the phone shortcut back to the "settings" control panel. I believe you can get to the phone from anywhere by pressing the phone hard button in any application, you don't have to open a contact to do it. Do you have suggestions for other ways to access the phone? Personally I hate seeing it in the start menu.

I included the LSK map to file explorer simply because I have Resco mapped to the LSK but understand not everybody does. What would you guys like to see the softkeys mapped to on the home tab?

You can remap the soft keys on the home tab in HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila. There you should see HomeLSKPath, HomeLSKText and the same for RSK.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
using the cdma sms fix fixed my keyboard covering up the text box and send button!
Noted. I will include the CDMA fix in the next release. I incorrectly assumed that since the CDMA fix 1 fixed the "insert sim card" error that I did not need the CDMA fix 2 installed. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

schnebs1 is keeping up the good workschnebs1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to schnebs1

Quote:
Holy crap, you guys actually want to pay me? In no way do I expect any sort of compensation for what amounts to a fun hobby for me but I sincerely appreciate the gesture!! Anyway, here is a link if you want to donate to the cause (also updated on the first post)

Just donated, thanks for the great ROM!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What would you guys like to see the softkeys mapped to on the home tab?

You can remap the soft keys on the home tab in HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila. There you should see HomeLSKPath, HomeLSKText and the same for RSK.
Contact, Camera, and File Explorer.... any two combination from those three. Preferably, I'd like it to be File Explorer & Contact

Last edited by Aloupha; 04-18-2009 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Contact & Camera
There is a way to map the RSK to the 'all contacts' view but I haven't been able to get it to work... I had it once but lost the settings somehow GRRR.

Camera is a good one, I'll consider that one. Hell, it's a piece of cake to make tabs to toggle that stuff on and off. Thanks for the tips.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebs1 View Post
Just donated, thanks for the great ROM!
No thank you!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
There is a way to map the RSK to the 'all contacts' view but I haven't been able to get it to work... I had it once but lost the settings somehow GRRR.

Camera is a good one, I'll consider that one. Hell, it's a piece of cake to make tabs to toggle that stuff on and off. Thanks for the tips.
The settings have to be somewhere on this board, I'll do a search for it. It find it most useful to use google search (site: pcgeeks.com __________ )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development