PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
I have flashed my Touch Pro over 100 times now and have tried just about every ROM in the CDMA Touch Pro thread (at least that's what I think).

But, after flashing this ROM, I am just amazed... I mean, I really have no words to describe how fast and stable this ROM is. Its been running really smooth so far with all my programs installed... Loving it, man! Keep up the good work! Please let me know if I can be of any help..!

I still can't believe that this is your first ROM.. I mean the level of detail and efficiency... TOO GOOD!
What can I say, I'm anal about details. If I'm going to be judged for my work, might as well release with guns blazing, right? My next release will probably just have some battery tweaks, iris browser, and more refinements to the manila tools. I got a couple cabs for changing all manila colors too

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Psyki, just an FYI... I see you're using Touchflo 3.0.33125

every 3.0.3xxxx I've used is from a non-vga device. try opening your keybaord and type a few letters in an sms windows, now press anywhere else on the screen. the last keybaord letter u pressed should be repeated. Did you catch this detail?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Thanks for posting. Yes if you're scoring 6737 that is relatively fast (regardless of the JPEG test skewing numbers). I'm working on my 7 series rom now. Will post benchmarks soon.

Just an FYI though, my score above (and as always) is with a 16mb PP, not 24mb

Cheers!
Thanks Juicy. I haven't tried with a 16mb PP, do you think that would increase or decrease the score? Frankly I can't tell wtf the scores mean, heh.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Thanks Juicy. I haven't tried with a 16mb PP, do you think that would increase or decrease the score? Frankly I can't tell wtf the scores mean, heh.
the category names are superficial... it tests everything froms screen refresh/redraw to file write/read. the over all score is a good barometer of speed.

6xxx is good for a rom where the jpeg test is wonky

28xx is good if jpeg test is working

you will get a lower score with 16mb PP
Old 04-17-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Psyki, just an FYI... I see you're using Touchflo 3.0.33125

every 3.0.3xxxx I've used is from a non-vga device. try opening your keybaord and type a few letters in an sms windows, now press anywhere else on the screen. the last keybaord letter u pressed should be repeated. Did you catch this detail?
Hmm, I am not seeing this behavior in rhodium text messaging or inbox text messaging. I tried tapping all over the screen and the inputted text looks fine.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Hmm, I am not seeing this behavior in rhodium text messaging or inbox text messaging. I tried tapping all over the screen and the inputted text looks fine.
weird. where did you get the package from?

only the tru vga 3.0.29xxx worked for me. ive tried every build since then including the latest.... "TouchFLO"="3_0_19141226_TC00"
Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
weird. where did you get the package from?

only the tru vga 3.0.29xxx worked for me. ive tried every build since then including the latest.... "TouchFLO"="3_0_19141226_TC00"
I can't remember now... Maybe lllboredlll? Either way I don't seem to be seeing the problem you are referring to. Maybe I'm doing something "wrong" but I think I would have noticed that by now. Download and try for yourself?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Psyki, can you tell me what to search for to find this facebook CAB your referring to in order to make it work. I've tried searching here and XDA but cannot find this CAB.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Zayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

try to look in your TP

start/programs/utilities/manila tools
Old 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I can't remember now... Maybe lllboredlll? Either way I don't seem to be seeing the problem you are referring to. Maybe I'm doing something "wrong" but I think I would have noticed that by now. Download and try for yourself?
nice try

I have a VERY FAST rom myself though. Good first release
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development