PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohn101 View Post
OMG! F-in pissed. Any one else had issues with this ROM freezing then hard resetting after soft resetting the phone? It has done this several times. All the previous times it didn't really matter because I had just backed up everything.

After it reset again on me last night, I thought, okay, I'll clear all the memory then hard reset it, then reflash the ROM. The phone worked sweet all day. When I went to the gym and came back the display was on and the clock was nearly an hour off, and the phone was completely frozen. When I reset the phone, it did a full damn reset, so I lost all my communications and appointments that I made today, I'm so F-in pissed!

Has no one else had this problem!? What the hell am I doing wrong? I used GC's 2.1.4 ROM since I got the phone and NEVER EVER had its reset an loose all my data no matter how many times it froze or was reset. Please, someone knows whats going on.
Ouch! Sorry about your troubles I have seen similar issues on a couple other ROMs but have never seen that on mine. Do you have any additional programs installed? What programs do you use regularly? Do you use quickmenu?

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-21-2009, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LncGmz View Post
Well I'd rather reverse the reg tweak that was done with this cab. If someone can give me the reg value where I need to go to reverse this I would greatly appreciate that.
The default value I have it set to is 20000, as do most (if not all) chefs.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I found another issue I was having tonight. My phone was running low on battery at about 10% which isnt the issue it was about that time since it was the end of the night, but anyway, I noticed my battery running low while I was tlaking on the phone so I thought no biggie Ill just put it on the charger and it will charge at the sametime. Well the phone wouldnt charge while I was on the call. It still popped up the battery low warning. That cant be normal. My phone should be receiving more juice from the wall then letting discharging from the battery. I never had this issue with other roms.

After I got off the phone call I noticed that it showed the battery charging which it should have been doing either way. I then made a test call to some automated call with the charge cable unplugged. When the call connected I connected the cable and once again it just showed the battery percentage and it wasnt charging. It did get brighter but thats it. I ended the call but this time it still showed it wasnt charging. So I unplugged the charge cable then plugged it back in to see if it weould start charging but nothing just a brighter screen. I had to do a soft reset to get it to start charging again.

During this test I was looking under the battery discharge without it plugged in it was a little over 450 discharge then plugged in it would jump to 575 discharge. Can someone tell me what that is telling me?
I have seen the discharge rate increase while charging, not really sure what the deal is. It may be because the screen is brighter... I've noticed the difference between brightest and dimmest is ~100mah! That's significant consider ~100mah discharge is the ideal to shoot for. That brings me to my next post....
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Battery problems? Not anymore!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65604

Everyone, right now, go to the above thread and download No2Chem's nueDynamicClock. Seriously, do it now. After about 6 hours of listening to BT headphones, heavy texting and windows live use, intermittent GPS use, I only ate up about 60% battery. That's about as heavy as I ever use my phone and it was chugging along without breaking a sweat. You can bet your *** I am cooking this into my next release.

I've found that 122.88 MHz is sufficient to play music through audiomanager with no hiccups at all.

No2Chem is a god among men!!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
I found another issue I was having tonight. My phone was running low on battery at about 10% which isnt the issue it was about that time since it was the end of the night, but anyway, I noticed my battery running low while I was tlaking on the phone so I thought no biggie Ill just put it on the charger and it will charge at the sametime. Well the phone wouldnt charge while I was on the call. It still popped up the battery low warning. That cant be normal. My phone should be receiving more juice from the wall then letting discharging from the battery. I never had this issue with other roms.

After I got off the phone call I noticed that it showed the battery charging which it should have been doing either way. I then made a test call to some automated call with the charge cable unplugged. When the call connected I connected the cable and once again it just showed the battery percentage and it wasnt charging. It did get brighter but thats it. I ended the call but this time it still showed it wasnt charging. So I unplugged the charge cable then plugged it back in to see if it weould start charging but nothing just a brighter screen. I had to do a soft reset to get it to start charging again.

During this test I was looking under the battery discharge without it plugged in it was a little over 450 discharge then plugged in it would jump to 575 discharge. Can someone tell me what that is telling me?
Well I can't tell you for a certainty whats going on, but i can tell you more then likely it isnt your rom. I have the same problem (battery not charging)and i have had it with all the major roms. When you add that to the phone freezing thing u mentioned before, there may be some hardware issues going on, or some conflicts with something you've added. I wish I could help more. You may want to vent just a little bit nicer though. These guys spend time and effort building these roms that we enjoy and they dont ask much from us, so the least we can do is to be kind and polite even if we are experiencing some problems.

Just my 2 cents. No flaming intended.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post

Everyone, right now, go to the above thread and download No2Chem's nueDynamicClock. Seriously, do it now. After about 6 hours of listening to BT headphones, heavy texting and windows live use, intermittent GPS use, I only ate up about 60% battery. That's about as heavy as I ever use my phone and it was chugging along without breaking a sweat. You can bet your *** I am cooking this into my next release.

I've found that 122.88 MHz is sufficient to play music through audiomanager with no hiccups at all.

Well, that's really great news! I am going to try this and hope that it works for me. I had uninstall this rom (though it is my favorite) solely because of the battery issue.

Flashing now!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Well, that's really great news! I am going to try this and hope that it works for me. I had uninstall this rom (though it is my favorite) solely because of the battery issue.

Flashing now!
I am also running with newer battery drivers (also going in the next release) which I'm sure will help.

I myself was a little scared hearing all the bad battery reports but this app seriously eased my mind.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

LncGmz is keeping up the good workLncGmz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post

Did you end up setting all the options up for 128 MHz?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Did you end up setting all the options up for 128 MHz?
122.88mhz I believe, but yeah. I have system idle set to 5000ms, and "on backlight off", but I did not check "on suspend" if that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

LncGmz is keeping up the good workLncGmz is keeping up the good work

I used to have the mogul and there was a program that was similar to this im not sure if it was the same perosn that created it, but it was also to overclock the cpu not to just change the frequencies. Hopefully this means hes getting closer to that capability for the touch pro!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development