PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
Maybe someone can help. I flashed this rom in yesterday. And it was awesome. Still is awesome. I went to bed and next thing I know my phone is talking to me. Telling me I have new text messages and voicemail etc. What is doing that? Is that a cab that can be installed? I then went into my phone to try ant locate the files in my sounds folder under windows. I could not find any alert that was the default ones with the rom. So I am not sure it was just a media file that was put in there and set to default. Whats worse is that NOW after playing with it, it is no longer using the voice alerts. Where do I get the voice alerts from, and is it just a cab I can install. All kinds of awesome rom man.

LOL!! I have to talk BACK to my phone when he tells me "Excuse me boss, but you have a txt message!".. I'm like "Ok, thank you for telling me so everyone else around me knows!" I actually want to change that but I've not gotten to it yet. How did you disable them?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Exclamation Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

I'm having issues with trying to send mail! Anyone else have this problem? When I start to type the name of a contact, then select a contact, it starts to autopopulate it then the screen image stays there not really showing me what's happening.. like it should redraw or refresh and it doesn't. I have to end up doing a soft reset. This and the fact that it takes like a good 15 SECONDS to load my txt message window from the MESSAGES window are my only current real problems I've been having on this ROM. I am hoping for a fix cuz I'm SUPER picky with my setups and if I can't end up fixing a rom then I flash to as close of a base as possible and build up on my own.

Oh yeah, sorry, one more issue, I installed the Weather Databases so I could add my location on the Weather tab.. and after I select my state, TF3D crashes then restarts?!!? Every time

Having mentioned all this.. i really do like this ROM alot! Thanks again Psyki!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
I seem to have an issue with my TXT messages taking a long time to load.. anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?
You don't happen to be using Vistahide battery gauge, do you?

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Maybe someone can help. I flashed this rom in yesterday. And it was awesome. Still is awesome. I went to bed and next thing I know my phone is talking to me. Telling me I have new text messages and voicemail etc. What is doing that? Is that a cab that can be installed? I then went into my phone to try ant locate the files in my sounds folder under windows. I could not find any alert that was the default ones with the rom. So I am not sure it was just a media file that was put in there and set to default. Whats worse is that NOW after playing with it, it is no longer using the voice alerts. Where do I get the voice alerts from, and is it just a cab I can install. All kinds of awesome rom man.
Those sounds are default with Rhodium but I screwed up the placement and it is difficult to get them back. They are in the \windows folder as 'excuse me boss.mp3' and 'ema.wav', try copying them to \Application data\sounds. In the next release (very soon now) that will be fixed.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
LOL!! I have to talk BACK to my phone when he tells me "Excuse me boss, but you have a txt message!".. I'm like "Ok, thank you for telling me so everyone else around me knows!" I actually want to change that but I've not gotten to it yet. How did you disable them?
To disable them just go to settings->sounds & notifications and select whatever sounds you want!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm having issues with trying to send mail! Anyone else have this problem? When I start to type the name of a contact, then select a contact, it starts to autopopulate it then the screen image stays there not really showing me what's happening.. like it should redraw or refresh and it doesn't. I have to end up doing a soft reset. This and the fact that it takes like a good 15 SECONDS to load my txt message window from the MESSAGES window are my only current real problems I've been having on this ROM. I am hoping for a fix cuz I'm SUPER picky with my setups and if I can't end up fixing a rom then I flash to as close of a base as possible and build up on my own.

Oh yeah, sorry, one more issue, I installed the Weather Databases so I could add my location on the Weather tab.. and after I select my state, TF3D crashes then restarts?!!? Every time

Having mentioned all this.. i really do like this ROM alot! Thanks again Psyki!!!
I am not sure what could be causing your TXT message to load so slow, I have not heard of that issue from anyone else. Are you on a Verizon phone? You don't happen to be using Vistahide battery gauge, are you?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Those sounds are default with Rhodium but I screwed up the placement and it is difficult to get them back. They are in the \windows folder as 'excuse me boss.mp3' and 'ema.wav', try copying them to \Application data\sounds. In the next release (very soon now) that will be fixed.
I am still having difficulties finding the files (I may be overlooking something). Could someone post the files if possible? Thanks.

When might we expect another awesome release?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I am still having difficulties finding the files (I may be overlooking something). Could someone post the files if possible? Thanks.

When might we expect another awesome release?
Probably in a few hours Just putting the final tweaks in now....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO!

class1c is just getting started

just letting you know, your rom kicks *** bro. longest ive used one in a awhile. keep it up man. and as far as the text being slow.. or bringing up the contacts page.. its with all roms using that sorta text "prog". in the messages tab, if you click on the msg to send a reply, u have to acually touch where you type. it doesnt automatically place the cursor in the text field. havent had any problems other that that.(not really a big deal)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
You don't happen to be using Vistahide battery gauge, do you?

I am using whichever one you posted for the "fix" for the battery showing low power on the first page of this thread... is that Vistahide?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development