PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebs1 View Post
I think you mean Activesync. You can disable that from your computer. If you have Windows XP:
1. Right-click on the activesync icon and click connection settings
2. uncheck allow USB connections

If you use Windows Mobile Device Center on Vista:
1. Open WMDC by typing mobile in the start search
2. Click Mobile Device settings -> connection settings
3. Uncheck allow USB connections.

Then you can reverse the process when you want to use activesync /WMDC again.

Hope that helps!
Well, i appreciate the effort. But what I am talking about is the data connection on the phone. When I start WModem, it asks me to "end data call first". When i try in the comm manager, it doesnt work. My data is always on. I guess with WModem, you have to end the call and let WModem start an new "data" call....Help!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

schnebs1 is keeping up the good workschnebs1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to schnebs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Well, i appreciate the effort. But what I am talking about is the data connection on the phone. When I start WModem, it asks me to "end data call first". When i try in the comm manager, it doesnt work. My data is always on. I guess with WModem, you have to end the call and let WModem start an new "data" call....Help!
Oh, I see. Can you just click on the data connection in Comm Manager? That works for me.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

snowmandc is a n00b

Everything works great except my music player wont work i can borwse all music normally but as soon as i click play it just doesnt work and start fliping through album covers . any ideas?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

schnebs1 is keeping up the good workschnebs1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to schnebs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmandc View Post
Everything works great except my music player wont work i can borwse all music normally but as soon as i click play it just doesnt work and start fliping through album covers . any ideas?
I don't use the built-in music player very often, but it is working for me. Have you tried a soft reset? And if that doesn't work, a hard reset or clear storage?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:

If you installed any programs, try removing them and see if its working then if noone else can confirm this issue.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Red face Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Ok. So I was able to stop my data connection after changing my settings on Live Mail to check manually instead of as items arrive. So, how do u get this wmodem to work. i stop the data start wmodem, then get the data going and my computer wants to install a serial driver. Then I start internet sharing and the computer sees the connection but no go. No data throughput. I must be doing something wrong, or i need to install something on my computer....arghhhhhh.

Merdinh, can u fix the internet sharing on this rom so that u can use it without needing anyrhing else?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Bohn101 is just getting started

OMG! F-in pissed. Any one else had issues with this ROM freezing then hard resetting after soft resetting the phone? It has done this several times. All the previous times it didn't really matter because I had just backed up everything.

After it reset again on me last night, I thought, okay, I'll clear all the memory then hard reset it, then reflash the ROM. The phone worked sweet all day. When I went to the gym and came back the display was on and the clock was nearly an hour off, and the phone was completely frozen. When I reset the phone, it did a full damn reset, so I lost all my communications and appointments that I made today, I'm so F-in pissed!

Has no one else had this problem!? What the hell am I doing wrong? I used GC's 2.1.4 ROM since I got the phone and NEVER EVER had its reset an loose all my data no matter how many times it froze or was reset. Please, someone knows whats going on.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

LncGmz is keeping up the good workLncGmz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
All that tweak does is change the pollinginterval in the registry down to 1250, whereas my ROM has it set to 20000 as most chefs use. It remains to be seen what the advantage is, if any... Nevertheless my next release has a few battery tweaks of my own I think you guys will like.
Well I'd rather reverse the reg tweak that was done with this cab. If someone can give me the reg value where I need to go to reverse this I would greatly appreciate that.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

LncGmz is keeping up the good workLncGmz is keeping up the good work

I found another issue I was having tonight. My phone was running low on battery at about 10% which isnt the issue it was about that time since it was the end of the night, but anyway, I noticed my battery running low while I was tlaking on the phone so I thought no biggie Ill just put it on the charger and it will charge at the sametime. Well the phone wouldnt charge while I was on the call. It still popped up the battery low warning. That cant be normal. My phone should be receiving more juice from the wall then letting discharging from the battery. I never had this issue with other roms.

After I got off the phone call I noticed that it showed the battery charging which it should have been doing either way. I then made a test call to some automated call with the charge cable unplugged. When the call connected I connected the cable and once again it just showed the battery percentage and it wasnt charging. It did get brighter but thats it. I ended the call but this time it still showed it wasnt charging. So I unplugged the charge cable then plugged it back in to see if it weould start charging but nothing just a brighter screen. I had to do a soft reset to get it to start charging again.

During this test I was looking under the battery discharge without it plugged in it was a little over 450 discharge then plugged in it would jump to 575 discharge. Can someone tell me what that is telling me?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I would look into any additional programs installed. I have installed nothing on top of the base ROM except S2U2 and have never had an issue with the manila audio manager...

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development