PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
Can you give us the incoming mail server name and the SMTP server name? Thanks.
To setup gmail with IMAP4

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78886

The incoming name: imap.gmail.com
smtp: smtp.gmail.com

check boxes for authentication and SSL both

Gmail now works for me. It's extra work, but it works.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
This makes me worry, why the discreptancy? Shouldn't it be black and white, it either work for all or not work for all?
I'm pretty sure it is the same for everyone. More user error / misinterpretation leads to telling us wrong info.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Can anyone test to see if "FULL SCREEN" option works when you use media player to watch video/movie? I want to flash to the latest, but my ActiveSync is conspiring against me. Sometimes it will work after a flash and sometimes it will not. I need ActiveSync right now so I don't want to take a chance it will not work on a build that will not have this fix. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE...And Already Rooted!
Carrier: Sprint (You Love 'Em and Sometimes I Just Wanna Ch

brooklyn6 is just getting started

Juicy, I wanted to know when I try to install HTC Album+SocialNetwork and Dutty's Facebook upload fix cab it tells me that I don't have the permission to install it. I like this feature so I can directly send pics to facebook. Is there a way I can install this on your rom?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

skywing269 is just getting started

any chance of getting rotation fixed in the camera when pictures are taken? no pictures I take while holding the camera horizontally like a real camera come out horizontally and have to be rotated manually after being transferred to a computer...makes the direct to Facebook uploading useless for pics like that.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
i really really really hate the buggy tachi dialer, does this latest rom remove it? If not Im not even installing it. After all, it IS a phone and I need to make and receive phone calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
it's there and it's very buggy. I've made this point several times as i need to answer calls since this is a business phone, but good luck in answering them.
I have *never* had an issue with not being able to answer calls in *any* of Juicy's Roms, and honestly, considering the crazy amount of ppl that post here, and only a few seem to have problems, I would seriously take a look at what cabs you are installing, and settings you are using.

Actually, this could probably be said of at least 80% of the complaints we see here. I really wish that people would do at least *a little* testing, and troubleshooting themselves rather than immediately jump on the forum, and complain, blaming Juicy, and demanding fixes :P

Some rather easy things you should try before even *considering* blaming Juicy's Roms, which to my experience, have been far more stable, and bug free than any other I have used.

1. Hard reset, (Duh) if you use SDconfig, or anything similar to configure/install on a new flash, disable it first (I just change the sdconfig.txt filename)
Test your issue, to see if it happens with *nothing* installed, if it still does,
2. Hard reset, reflash rom, let it do its customization once, then hard reset, then test your problem again, with *NOTHING INSTALLED* or any settings changed.
3. Check if anyone else has had the problem, and if so, if anyone figured out a fix.

I mean sure, I realize there will be problems and bugs, these roms are 'technically' hacks of software not even yet available. But Juicy does a really great job of figuring out ways to make things work that probably shouldn't, and it really annoys me when I constantly see ppl complaining about things that most likely *they* caused, or could figure out with just a *tiny* bit of testing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
install an older htc dialer if you don't like the tachi dialer. i like having it b/c i only use tf3d2 and like being able to call from it.

try this one...

Slide2Answer

and here is the previous version of the tachi dialer

sdkcerts.cab
Tachi_Phone_Canvas_Knop_v2d.cab

installed sdkcerts then dialer.

thank you for this. if this is the way to answer calls, and i continue using this, i'll revert to an older version. Thanks again!

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-15-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry if that came across a bit coarse, I don't want to discourage people from looking for help, as that is really what these forums are all about, I'm just tired of constantly seeing ppl complaining about things that have been addressed within the last few pages, or things which are likely their own fault, and so on, and instantly blaming the rom, or the chef.

I mean, my hell, I have been trying to figure out a seemingly rather random problem with ics for a while now, because I know its not anything to do with the Rom, as it always works just the way it should after a flash, or hard reset, so I am fairly sure it is something I install, or *maybe* a setting I allways change after a reset, and honestly, ICS is very important for me, probably at least as important as the phone working.

Idk, I guess it kinda pisses me off to see ppl come and complain the instant they hit a problem, when I, and I believe most others here, spend alot of time trying to fix stuff themselves first.

BTW, there is a *big* difference between complaining, and reporting a bug or asking if anyone knows of a fix to a known bug, after checking back at least a little.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

My s2a won't even show up sometimes, won't report missed call either, just as if no one had called. people started askin why I wasn't answering my phone, they even called sitting right next to me. It would call normal on their end, but nothing on mine. Anyone think this is a tachi issue? I'm going back to the stock rom and use it for a couple days. I can't be missing calls.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
My s2a won't even show up sometimes, won't report missed call either, just as if no one had called. people started askin why I wasn't answering my phone, they even called sitting right next to me. It would call normal on their end, but nothing on mine. Anyone think this is a tachi issue? I'm going back to the stock rom and use it for a couple days. I can't be missing calls.
Check to make sure that you don't have your phone set to "EVDO only" under mode of operation, in the phone settings.
You can make calls when this is enabled, but sometimes, you will not be able to receive them, Idk why, other than that voice calls use the 1xRTT system, not EVDO, but if that was the only reason, you should not be able to make calls either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development