PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

What's the deal with the autocomplete/SIP on Juicy 8 when typing text? I don't get what the autocomplete is trying to do when I use the keyboard. It only activates on numbers and punctuation, and it is driving me nuts.

How do I get the SIP that was in Juicy 7 that looked much nicer and didn't do autocomplete?

Sorry if this has been answered... My offer/suggestion still holds to setup a separate Juicy forum somewhere.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

SEVEN was -not- the cause of my wifi turning itself on... is anyone else having this issue yet? It seems the data connection being enabled in a low service area causes the wifi to start to act up... I may try running with nothing installed tomorrow but I knowI will see the same thng - maybe I will just go back one version...
Old 06-30-2009, 07:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lordrainkm is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
What's the deal with the autocomplete/SIP on Juicy 8 when typing text? I don't get what the autocomplete is trying to do when I use the keyboard. It only activates on numbers and punctuation, and it is driving me nuts.

How do I get the SIP that was in Juicy 7 that looked much nicer and didn't do autocomplete?

Sorry if this has been answered... My offer/suggestion still holds to setup a separate Juicy forum somewhere.
Click the button in the lower left part of the keyboard that says XT9 ABC. XT9 should be highlighted now, after you click it, ABC will be highlighted. This will turn off autocomplete. You should only have to do it once.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

I disabled G-Sensor via TF3D2 But yet Opera will still auto-rotate and when that goes 180 degrees from the portrait view, the phone goes black and can only be turned on again by soft reset.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

Any chance someone could tell me what the Opera9/Push Internet problem is? I don't use push internet, so is opera still not killing all its processes? Im wondering if I should flash the newest build. Does no onscreen keyboard menu mean I can't change it to/from the different keyboards (block recognizer, touch input etc)? The only problem for me (unless I just didn't realize it) with the last build was choppy youtube. Also will Sprite backup do a suitable restore between these builds with the whole internal storage name change thing? Thanks.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyharris2008 View Post
Here are some fixes for JUICY 8
Are these fixes still required for the build 090627?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post
Any chance someone could tell me what the Opera9/Push Internet problem is? I don't use push internet, so is opera still not killing all its processes? Im wondering if I should flash the newest build. Does no onscreen keyboard menu mean I can't change it to/from the different keyboards (block recognizer, touch input etc)? The only problem for me (unless I just didn't realize it) with the last build was choppy youtube. Also will Sprite backup do a suitable restore between these builds with the whole internal storage name change thing? Thanks.
Basically, even if you turn push internet off via the TouchFlo3D menu on the Internet tab, the service is still running, and there is a 2.5MB Opera9.exe process that constantly runs upon boot. Even if you exit Opera, the process will still be there, and you can't close it with any task manager. It seems to interfere with some programs (in my case, it messed up my TTS for iGO, as well as the fact that it uses extra memory.

I posted a fix here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6012
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
SASHIMI will backup your owner settings.
Run SASHIMI.exe(bin folder)->Tools->Registry->Backup Owner Info.
It should have exported HCU-ControlPanel-Owner to SASHIMI's "Backups" folder.
Now everytime I run SASHIMI autoinstaller, the first thing it says is "Restoring Owner Settings"
It's worked for me for a while... it just took me a while to find in the menus. Cheers!

Hello everyone,

Off topic, so I apologize ahead of time, but is there a SASHIMI for dummies? Or for super morons? A step by step, how-tos would be awesome. I read, not carefully, through SASHIMI's docs and FAQ. He gave examples but no wizards to walk you through. Perhaps, there's a new SASHIMI version that is more step-by-step, because the restore owner setting is new to me. Thanks so much and so sorry Juicy
Old 06-30-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

codydavis22 is keeping up the good workcodydavis22 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to codydavis22 Send a message via Skype™ to codydavis22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Whats this I keep hearing about weather on the calendar? Where?
In order for it to show up you have to have your city set both in the world clock and in the weather tab. The problem is when you set it in the world clock it messes up all of your appointments. It is a nice feature tho
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
Hello everyone,

Off topic, so I apologize ahead of time, but is there a SASHIMI for dummies? Or for super morons? A step by step, how-tos would be awesome. I read, not carefully, through SASHIMI's docs and FAQ. He gave examples but no wizards to walk you through. Perhaps, there's a new SASHIMI version that is more step-by-step, because the restore owner setting is new to me. Thanks so much and so sorry Juicy
Did you watch the videos? Also, start simple and build upon the automation from there. Start with a few cabs in the Auto/CAB folder. Add more as you see how it works. Then try some registry settings in the Auto/REG folder. Personally that's how I started, and I love it now ~ and only been using it a couple of weeks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development