PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CJ00TA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Anyone else having issues with Build 090618H?

I've already had several lockups, stalls and unable to wake it from sleep.

Storage card is showing up as internal storage rather than external...

All within 30 minutes of flashing...

Last edited by CJ00TA; 06-21-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
This isn't particularly rom-related but maybe someone else has seen this around somewhere... where is the info for the people tab stored? and contact card... it would be nice to automatically restore that stuff whenI reflash...
it's stored in your pim.vol file on the root of your device.

to back it up, just copy it to your storage card. if you want to restore it, rename the current pim.vol file to something else (like pim.vol.old), then copy the backed up copy over to the root, then soft reset.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meefer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
I use showaco's BBE theme 5.3 and it includes the background 4 all tabs. It does not remove my updates and events tab for facebook syncing.
Well since Showaco's AllBackgrounds 2.2 version is breaking the updates and events tab, is there any other solution besides installing the theme?

I read some pages back that installing version 2.1 of allbackgrounds seems to be ok, but can't find that file anywhere.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Comptech4u is a n00b

Greetings All! I have been lurking about for about a year now, and I am generally impressed with the quality that each of these chefs put out. I just installed Juicy 8 and I am experiencing a couple of problems.

1) First the phone is apparently dialing at random people in my contact list. (not sure why this is, but I noticed it today again)

2) The web parts of the phone do not seem to be working properly for me. The opera browser crashes for no reason at times and PIE just doesn't want to work at all.

To combat these two issues, I have completed two hard resets of the phone, and they still remain. Is there something I am doing wrong which is causing these errors? I have flashed several roms during the last year so I think I am doing that much right.

Again, not complaining just trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the way I am doing something. Thanks Juicy for all the great work, the ROM is great and I am looking forward to seeing what you might have for us in the future.

Oh. I have used the search to try and find the answer myself which is why I am now posting. Most of the times, my questions are answered by others on this forum.

Thanks,

Comptech4u
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

True since I made the change also, the Phone does not heat up as much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
I'm in the NorthEast US.
Yeah. Definitely... compared to the USCellular radio at least.
better data speeds and phone stays a little cooler on phone calls. Wifi still heats it up like old 6.1 roms though... and none of Juicy's past 3 or 4 builds made my Wifi this warm. weird.

It's been a while since it tried the 1.11 cause it made my phone so warm. But maybe this ROM is so good I can go back to a carrier native radio
Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by meefer View Post
Well since Showaco's AllBackgrounds 2.2 version is breaking the updates and events tab, is there any other solution besides installing the theme?

I read some pages back that installing version 2.1 of allbackgrounds seems to be ok, but can't find that file anywhere.
BBexteme 5.3 gives u background for all tabs but does not remove the updates and events tab

Last edited by pdappcgeek; 06-21-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ00TA View Post
Anyone else having issues with Build 090618H?

I've already had several lockups, stalls and unable to wake it from sleep.

Storage card is showing up as internal storage rather than external...

All within 30 minutes of flashing...

Yes I have noticed that also, I have been using the Juicy 8 ROM for 2 days now and have been having the same issues.

I have also noticed that if I am downloading emails I can not make phone calls.

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Sorry if this has been covered before, I couldnt find anything. But does anybody know how to default the SMS system back to the simple threaded view? With the old system all I had to do was thumb the text, slide the keyboard open and then I was ready to type a reply. Now, there is this new system, and honestly, its a pita. Now, I have to click the text, then select the text entering field, then select it again after I flip the keyboard out since I always forget to do that first, then type in the field that only shows 10 or 12 characters, and then try and find the stupid small send button when I'm done.

Thanks

Last edited by Snoman002; 06-21-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For all those that seem to ask a simple question of "Is anyone else having so and so problems, this just isn't any good, blah blah." I am sorry that it isn't working well for you, but if you just read back even a page most of the time, but definitely as mentioned many times before, read back at least the last 10 pages, nobody expects you to read every page. But it is VERY obvious that people are very pleased with the rom and the majority don't have any issues. Again, I am sorry that the rom isn't working for you. But there is a rule of thumb on EVERY rom, not just this one. You should ALWAYS do a Hard Reset after each burn. If you are experiencing problems, again the rule of thumb is HARD RESET. If that still doesn't work, re-flash. If you don't really feel like doing these SIMPLE things, then really, you shouldn't be flashing. Go back to the stock rom and be happy. But it really gets old when the same exact questions are asked OVER and OVER when if the person would just read back a page or two they will have their answer. This rom has been using Internal Storage for the Media Card since the beta. Someone was kind enough to make you a CAB to set it back to Storage Card if you so desire. But again, read! Sorry for the rant but it is just really getting tiresome!

And for those that feel the need to let us know that this rom just isn't ready for primetime, cuz they have so many issues blah blah, again, if you aren't willing to do the Hard Resets, or read the simple fixes to suit your needs, then again, don't bother with flashing roms, or start making them yourselves. Not everything about SOMEONE ELSE's roms are gonna be perfect for you. Ususally the Chefs make a rom for themselves and are nice enough to share with the rest of us. Don't be downing the quality of their work just cuz YOU aren't happy with it. Be thankful they are sharing in the first place. Again, become a chef yourself if you want it to be a certain way. And seriously does it accomplish anything letting everyone know that YOU aren't gonna use this rom cuz it sucks for you. Move on, we don't care, we are happy with it.

Again, sorry for the rant, but just like anything, I have seen post after post asking the same stuff over and over again, and a lot of people are too nice and constantly answer the same question answered just a page back to fulfill your lazy needs. It just built up and I had to say something. There is a search on the forum, it is very thorough, lets you go striaght to the post in fact. Use it or go somewhere else.

Enough said, sorry again, but please just use the gift you have of READING. Otherwise please go somewhere else. We aren't here to wipe your butt!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
You need the Tachi Taskbar Manager, but for some reason the service doesn't start on J8, even if it's set to automatic.

You can start the service manually with DotFred's task manager and then the Bluetooth icon will show, but you'll have to manually start this service everytime you soft reset.
unfortunately this does not work for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development