MACE
PPCGeeks Regular

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
i really really really hate the buggy tachi dialer, does this latest rom remove it? If not Im not even installing it. After all, it IS a phone and I need to make and receive phone calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
it's there and it's very buggy. I've made this point several times as i need to answer calls since this is a business phone, but good luck in answering them.
I have *never* had an issue with not being able to answer calls in *any* of Juicy's Roms, and honestly, considering the crazy amount of ppl that post here, and only a few seem to have problems, I would seriously take a look at what cabs you are installing, and settings you are using.

Actually, this could probably be said of at least 80% of the complaints we see here. I really wish that people would do at least *a little* testing, and troubleshooting themselves rather than immediately jump on the forum, and complain, blaming Juicy, and demanding fixes :P

Some rather easy things you should try before even *considering* blaming Juicy's Roms, which to my experience, have been far more stable, and bug free than any other I have used.

1. Hard reset, (Duh) if you use SDconfig, or anything similar to configure/install on a new flash, disable it first (I just change the sdconfig.txt filename)
Test your issue, to see if it happens with *nothing* installed, if it still does,
2. Hard reset, reflash rom, let it do its customization once, then hard reset, then test your problem again, with *NOTHING INSTALLED* or any settings changed.
3. Check if anyone else has had the problem, and if so, if anyone figured out a fix.

I mean sure, I realize there will be problems and bugs, these roms are 'technically' hacks of software not even yet available. But Juicy does a really great job of figuring out ways to make things work that probably shouldn't, and it really annoys me when I constantly see ppl complaining about things that most likely *they* caused, or could figure out with just a *tiny* bit of testing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.