PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

doox00 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

There a way to get messaging option setup for quick access with this spb shell display?

**nm I see it, its there there under the clock.

Last edited by doox00; 07-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
MS3 is pretty good but the only reason I can't run it permanently is because it doesn't have an equivalent to TF3D's Music tab. I spent 20 minutes screwing around, making a playlist, etc, and I couldn't get it to play music from one of the home screens. Are you able to run 3D acceleration in 7-18 MR6 without pausing and freezing?
Personally, I cannot stand the stock player. I either use coreplayer or tcpmp. They are both far superior in quality of sound over the stock player. They are much more configurable too. Coreplayer is payware and tcpmp s freeware. Each are equally as good, in my opinon. coreplayer is just easier to setup, since it has all the codecs already installed for all playback for any type of file from mp3 to xvid. tcpmp you have to copy some .dll into it's folder for them to play right.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

I have a question I'm hoping someone out there can help me with. I've installed MightyMike History + Calendar + Comm cab. My question is: is there a way to customize what is on the Comm tab? It has MS Direct Push which I don't use and does not have Data Connection which I have trouble with (long story). I'd like to replace direct push with Data Connection. Right now I have to go to settings and then select communications.
I posted this question on the MR4Reborn thread but it seems no one is checking that thread anymore 'cause I haven't gotten an answer. (I am running MR4 6/20/09 btw.)

Thanks,
Vlip3
Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

discipler is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
Its official, my phone just f'in sucks.. must be something wrong.. its CONSTANTLY stalls and lags.. I just redid it again, put that spb shell thing you guys are talking about on it.. and when I go to the view where you can scroll all the screens around in a circle it will just lag and jerk.. then be smooth for a few seconds and then do the same thing over.. ugh. My contract with sprint just came up.. maybe its time for an iphone..
Mine too. I don't have the SPB shell, just the 6.5 mobile on MightyRom6 and I'm lagging all of the time. And I just did a hard reset and reload of a couple of cabs including the Advanced Configuration Tool. I have resynced. So I don't know what is going on here. Before I did the hard reset wierd stuff was happening like the hard buttons were giving me trouble. The phone hang up (red) would redial after hanging up. The up and down hard buttons on the D page would not scroll down list of contacts, etc. And the volume up and down buttons didn't work. The volume page would pop up, but change could only be made by using touch screen. After doing the hard reset, these things are working for now. But I still have lag issue.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
Mine too. I don't have the SPB shell, just the 6.5 mobile on MightyRom6 and I'm lagging all of the time. And I just did a hard reset and reload of a couple of cabs including the Advanced Configuration Tool. I have resynced. So I don't know what is going on here. Before I did the hard reset wierd stuff was happening like the hard buttons were giving me trouble. The phone hang up (red) would redial after hanging up. The up and down hard buttons on the D page would not scroll down list of contacts, etc. And the volume up and down buttons didn't work. The volume page would pop up, but change could only be made by using touch screen. After doing the hard reset, these things are working for now. But I still have lag issue.
Did you just hard reset or did you do the recommended fix?
The recommended fix is flash to stock, clear storage, flash MR6, clear storage. Done.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

+1 for MobileShell. Best piece of software I've ever bought!

If you're tired of TF3d, seriously, check out SPB MobileShell. I've never gone back to TF3d and don't miss it. MobileShell is super easy to use and customize, it's super user-friendly, performs well and even looks amazing. Personally, I think MS should dump Titanium, buy out SPB and implement their stuff into the OS. Everything they make is gold.

There's a shameless plug. I sound like an employee or something...

Been using MR6 for awhile now, and it's practically flawless. So glad I tried this ROM.

MightyMike is my freakin hero.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

AdamD81 is a n00b

Just flashed this ROM and like always, Mike put out a great ROM!

I do have a question about radios. Since i flashed this rom Ive seemed to have a really weak signal everywhere i go. I'm using telus radio atm and used it on my previous rom with no problems. Just wondering if any had any recomendatinos what raido is working well with MR6 and alltel. Or if there is another fix for the low signal.

Thanks again for the ROM mike! great work!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

same answer that is always given. try a new radio. No one radio is better. has everything to do with where you are. Some like Telus, some like Sprint. I'm on the new Alltel radio and like that. Try a few and see which one works better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD81 View Post
Just flashed this ROM and like always, Mike put out a great ROM!

I do have a question about radios. Since i flashed this rom Ive seemed to have a really weak signal everywhere i go. I'm using telus radio atm and used it on my previous rom with no problems. Just wondering if any had any recomendatinos what raido is working well with MR6 and alltel. Or if there is another fix for the low signal.

Thanks again for the ROM mike! great work!

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat2387 View Post
Does it drain battery though or has anybody using MS3 noticed it..?
Seems to be slightly more efficient than TF3D.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
Its official, my phone just f'in sucks.. must be something wrong.. its CONSTANTLY stalls and lags.. I just redid it again, put that spb shell thing you guys are talking about on it.. and when I go to the view where you can scroll all the screens around in a circle it will just lag and jerk.. then be smooth for a few seconds and then do the same thing over.. ugh. My contract with sprint just came up.. maybe its time for an iphone..
That is what happens when you use 3D acceleration. It should be disabled by default but if you turned it on thinking it will improve performance (it does - except for the lagging and jerking), turn it off and try again. I haven't run MS3 on this ROM yet but I have on MR5 and it ran well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development