PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

combatstang is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

we need a ramcleaner program to work with 6.5 please.. being that i have verizon, nice to clean up your ram. considering i have not soo much to play with

on the 4.16 the ramcleaner worked soo well.. helps alot!!

any progress with this?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

Ambassador Serge is a n00b

forgive me if this question was already asked and answered, i can assure that I read most of the pages in this thread. I installed the latest version of Arcsoft mms, and its great but when I want to reply sending a video or pic, the functions are not highlighted . I would have to start a new text mssg to do , is there a way to send a pic/video from a reply message
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Interesting.

Actually don't forget the settings for the GPS TOOL !!!

Set Chip to Q 7500 and mode to Cold Start. Set baud to 4800 and open port.

If this works for him I will add it to my GPS fix section of my help post. I also sent this info to antoher person having GPS problems too. Lets see what happens First one to get a GPS lock wins !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
I have run into this issue every once in a while after a fresh flash as well. Here is what I do.

1. I install HTC GPS TOOL (attached).

2. I make sure the Location Setting are on.

3. In external GPS settings I make sure the following are set:

a. in the Programs tab GPS Program port is set to COM4

b. in the Hardware tab the GPS hardware port is set to (None) and the Baud rate is set to 4800

c. in the Access tab Manage GPS automatically (recommended) is checked.

4. Update QuickGPS

5. Open up HTC GPS TOOLS and click Open Port (while outside of your building) and let it run. Eventually you will see the Satellite used number grow but you will not have GPS lock Satellite Fixed has the same number. If it runs for 60 seconds with out a fix, close the port and then re-open it. Sometimes the very first lock can take a couple of tries but don't be discouraged.

6. Once it is locked, I close the port, close the tool and immediately start up google maps and you should be set.

Hope this helps.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09

Last edited by lordshadowz; 04-29-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Serge View Post
forgive me if this question was already asked and answered, i can assure that I read most of the pages in this thread. I installed the latest version of Arcsoft mms, and its great but when I want to reply sending a video or pic, the functions are not highlighted . I would have to start a new text mssg to do , is there a way to send a pic/video from a reply message

Thats how it is for me to. I think its a winmo 6.5 thing. I have tried every version of arcsoft with this rom and it still wont let me insert the way I used to. But if you start a new message with the image, it will thread it with all other messages with that person.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatstang View Post
we need a ramcleaner program to work with 6.5 please.. being that i have verizon, nice to clean up your ram. considering i have not soo much to play with

on the 4.16 the ramcleaner worked soo well.. helps alot!!

any progress with this?
fortunately, most don't need this program. I don't see it being added, and that's why Mike keeps his ROMs a bit bareboned, so a user can, within reason, add whatever he wants or needs.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

Been running solid for a while now.

Every once in a while, though, the keyboard skips a letter and replaces it with a random number. I know I didn't hit the number, but it's possible that it's hardware on my phone and not the rom.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
Been running solid for a while now.

Every once in a while, though, the keyboard skips a letter and replaces it with a random number. I know I didn't hit the number, but it's possible that it's hardware on my phone and not the rom.
Unless everyone is having hardware keyboard issues all at the same time, i think this is a 6.5 related issue. A few users, including myself, has mentioned this the last few days, i'm sure it's been tested. thanks for your post.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

To tell you the truth, I never change the chip settings at all. I just tap open port and it does all the work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Interesting.

Actually don't forget the settings for the GPS TOOL !!!

Set Chip to Q 7500 and mode to Cold Start. Set baud to 4800 and open port.

If this works for him I will add it to my GPS fix section of my help post. I also sent this info to antoher person having GPS problems too. Lets see what happens First one to get a GPS lock wins !!!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

Ypu must hard reflash if you want to change the pagepool so the answer is yes.

I don't think there is another way to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrique1018 View Post
Does changing the page pool involve a hard reset or is it like a radio flash that doesn't hard reset?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

As you use items throughout the day you should be noticing your ram usage increase and not go back down even without anything running. This is a common thing. Eventually you must soft reset It has nothing to do with how barebones Mike Makes his rom. There is definitely a need for a cleanram tool. And I suspect there will be one.

I e-mailed HTC Addict's, makers of cleanram to get a Windows Phone version. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
fortunately, most don't need this program. I don't see it being added, and that's why Mike keeps his ROMs a bit bareboned, so a user can, within reason, add whatever he wants or needs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development