PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
To tell you the truth, I never change the chip settings at all. I just tap open port and it does all the work for you.
Really ? Let me install the htc GPS tool you attached. I am betting it must be an updated version or something that is not on the llbored gps thread. That would be neat to have it do it all for you. LOL.

EDIT- Interesting. It actually does not change the settings to the correct settings when you hit open port. It is the same version I have. However I went outside and hit open port for the heck of it and even with the settings all wrong it found 9 satellites and locked within 15 seconds.. lol

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09

Last edited by lordshadowz; 04-29-2009 at 03:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I am so surprised that the cleanram doesn't work on 6.5. Is there that much change in the architecture of the OS? I mean all I really see are the visual changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
As you use items throughout the day you should be noticing your ram usage increase and not go back down even without anything running. This is a common thing. Eventually you must soft reset It has nothing to do with how barebones Mike Makes his rom. There is definitely a need for a cleanram tool. And I suspect there will be one.

I e-mailed HTC Addict's, makers of cleanram to get a Windows Phone version. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I actually got it from the |||bored||| thread last year when he first unlocked the Touch Pro GPS for Verizon and have been using it since.

That man is a GOD!

Quote:
Really ? Let me install the htc GPS tool you attached. I am betting it must be an updated version or something that is not on the llbored gps thread. That would be neat to have it do it all for you. LOL.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
As you use items throughout the day you should be noticing your ram usage increase and not go back down even without anything running. This is a common thing. Eventually you must soft reset It has nothing to do with how barebones Mike Makes his rom. There is definitely a need for a cleanram tool. And I suspect there will be one.

I e-mailed HTC Addict's, makers of cleanram to get a Windows Phone version. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
I'm very aware of increased ram usage when the device is used. Thanks for reminding me though. If he installs one, so be it. It's a matter of opinion, but a soft reset has been the norm for most people for years, so that's why I don't think it will be installed. But as you said, "you suspect there will be one", so we'll just have to wait and see.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 04-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Are you still having problems. I'm still on the 4/21 version of MR5 and having the same phone answering issues you mentioned. I'm going to flash to the newer 4/25 version. I don't have PIMBackup installed so that can't be it. It is frustrating.
I got alot of help by compusmurf and got it fixed. It seems that if you change the disconnect data with advanced config, you will damage your regisrty file for #777.

You do not need Advanced config to turn data connection off.

**Edit** He sent me a cab to fix the regisrty file. I went ahead and hard reset to get rid of my old registry program(total commander). So needless to say.... No more tweaking the data connection. That function is meant for GSM phones only. Thats where the issue with the phone not answering was coming from...... Apperantly CDMA phones automatically turn the data connection off after 1 minute. I can see that now.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2695&page=1152

Last edited by MiltonPro; 04-29-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

madmarkeymark is a n00b

I loaded the new updated rom on the 25th. Everything went smooth. So i loaded all other cabs i needed. The phone has been working really good even when people call the dialer pops up quick witout any delay. I have not even had the ringtone issue but today my phone started freezing every time its locked and someone calls. I am able to ans the call but after i hang up it just sitts on the locked background screen without the unlock swipe. I have not loaded anything new since the 25th. I have tried hitting diffrent buttons to get out of the lock screen but it would not work. I am forced to reset with my stylus. Its already happend 4 times today. Any one else who has been on this rom a few days seeing this? I do not have the lock 1.2 cab installed going to try it now.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarkeymark View Post
I loaded the new updated rom on the 25th. Everything went smooth. So i loaded all other cabs i needed. The phone has been working really good even when people call the dialer pops up quick witout any delay. I have not even had the ringtone issue but today my phone started freezing every time its locked and someone calls. I am able to ans the call but after i hang up it just sitts on the locked background screen without the unlock swipe. I have not loaded anything new since the 25th. I have tried hitting diffrent buttons to get out of the lock screen but it would not work. I am forced to reset with my stylus. Its already happend 4 times today. Any one else who has been on this rom a few days seeing this? I do not have the lock 1.2 cab installed going to try it now.
more than likely your locking issue is a compatibility issue you are having with a cab you installed that was developed for 6.1 and is not happy with 6.5.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

As some of you might know I have gone through hell and back with the Ringtone/notification corruption issue. I've spent 6 days trying all sorts of tdifferent things to see if I could make a successful work around. I've tried to figure out exactly what causes the corruption in the first place, since some people never seenm to get it, or go days without it then BAM its there. I was going to post a final report on the issue but it looks like I'm not going to. Basically I was looking at Juicy47's rom and he actually posted about the issue on his first page. Here is what he wrote:

Q. My ringtone has gotten corrupted and my phone is silent. WTF?
A. This is a known issue. It has to do with patching 6.5 to work with our 6.1 tools. Bear with me as I aim to resolve this eventually.

Basically I was going to report I never found a successful work around that works for everyone. What Juicy has posted makes sense. I tried so many different things and in the matter of a few days hard reset and reflashed over 20 times.

I guess those of you who do get the issue just have to wait until Mighty Mike can squash this.

Also I've updated my help post yet again today finalizing most issues and updating the GPS issues section. Also added more information about Verizon Text messaging issues, specifically about our devices not being Enhanced Text messaging capable and all the stupid messages you get.

Last edited by lordshadowz; 04-29-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

madmarkeymark is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
more than likely your locking issue is a compatibility issue you are having with a cab you installed that was developed for 6.1 and is not happy with 6.5.
It could be but I have not installed any cabs since the 25th and it has been working fine untill today around 12. I have no other program running in the backgroud either.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Lurker

dinodrew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarkeymark View Post
It could be but I have not installed any cabs since the 25th and it has been working fine untill today around 12. I have no other program running in the backgroud either.
Same here. I just reflashed, hard reset and am still getting the "can't answer" issue. It will happend if the phone is locked or if I am surfing/emailing.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development