PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler View Post
Well I followed every step you just stated two times and it still hasn't worked. Not to mention feeling like a jackass standing in my apartment complex's parking lot for 25 minutes. The only thing I haven't tried is changing radios. Are there multiple to try inside mighty rom? If so how do I get to the options? Would hate for that to be what's tieing me up yet at this point I'm reaching for all possibilities.
I have run into this issue every once in a while after a fresh flash as well. Here is what I do.

1. I install HTC GPS TOOL (attached).

2. I make sure the Location Setting are on.

3. In external GPS settings I make sure the following are set:

a. in the Programs tab GPS Program port is set to COM4

b. in the Hardware tab the GPS hardware port is set to (None) and the Baud rate is set to 4800

c. in the Access tab Manage GPS automatically (recommended) is checked.

4. Update QuickGPS

5. Open up HTC GPS TOOLS and click Open Port (while outside of your building) and let it run. Eventually you will see the Satellite used number grow but you will not have GPS lock Satellite Fixed has the same number. If it runs for 60 seconds with out a fix, close the port and then re-open it. Sometimes the very first lock can take a couple of tries but don't be discouraged.

6. Once it is locked, I close the port, close the tool and immediately start up google maps and you should be set.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_GPS_Tool_1[1][1].2.2.11vga.cab (25.9 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by RONMAC; 04-29-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's not right now. No2chem is working on a new version I believe.

EDIT: I stand corrected I did get the crashes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr5703 View Post
Dunno if this has been posted yet or not. Is NuePower and NueBattery CPL compatible with WM6.5? I installed it, and though it worked correctly, it started making my TP freeze and bug out. It needed to be reset via the button at least 5 times a day. I uninstalled it yesterday morning and soft-reset the device, and no resets yet. Have there been any major changes to the way the OS handles charging and power consumption to warrant possibly a new version of the charging hack or power control panel that Nue puts out?

Last edited by arelas; 04-29-2009 at 11:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
Well the web site says yes but with issues. I am using it with no problems. the only known problem (for some users not all) is the when you go into nuePowerCPL it will crash. but it hasnt happened to me.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

grim234 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpritch View Post
does anyone know how to get weather for Canadian cities to show up on titanium weather?
Try going to http://www.accuweather.com/world-index.asp

There's a section right on the main page for finding your local forecast. Eventually it will take you to a page with a URL like http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&loccod e=NAM|CA|ON|TORONTO|

You want to copy the "NAM|CA|ON|TORONTO" part to your location code in Titanium. The selection of Canadian cities isn't too great though (for instance, there's no Scarborough). Good luck!

EDIT: Actually, it turns out you can do a search from that first link I posted and it will still give you a URL with a "loccode" parameter. I tried searching for Scarborough and it gave me "NAM|CA|ON|SCARBOROUGH".

Last edited by grim234; 04-29-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bugsysiegals is a n00b
Question Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Has anybody else experienced any issues with the phone locking up while trying to close/open a text message?? Using version 4.21 and about to flash the 4.25 to see if it goes away.

My device seems to lock up for at least 30 seconds and sometimes onwards of a minute and then finally closes the text or opens the text I clicked on. My memory is not even at 50%. I'm not understanding why this is happening.

The thing that pissed me off most about WM6.1 is that I'd open a text and start typing and it would end up switching to the contact screen or call history and my text would be doing a filter/search in there and I'd have to close it and re-open the text message and type all over again. Other than this jamming, the only thing with this version is that sometimes the focus doesnt always go to the text input area.

Lastly, my phone reception has gotten a little worse at my house. I heard someone mentioning using a different radio? What does that do and what are my options to try and get better reception out of the phone?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsysiegals View Post
Has anybody else experienced any issues with the phone locking up while trying to close/open a text message?? Using version 4.21 and about to flash the 4.25 to see if it goes away.

My device seems to lock up for at least 30 seconds and sometimes onwards of a minute and then finally closes the text or opens the text I clicked on. My memory is not even at 50%. I'm not understanding why this is happening.

The thing that pissed me off most about WM6.1 is that I'd open a text and start typing and it would end up switching to the contact screen or call history and my text would be doing a filter/search in there and I'd have to close it and re-open the text message and type all over again. Other than this jamming, the only thing with this version is that sometimes the focus doesnt always go to the text input area.

Lastly, my phone reception has gotten a little worse at my house. I heard someone mentioning using a different radio? What does that do and what are my options to try and get better reception out of the phone?
Not sure about your locking up issues. Probably could be traced back to some modifications and cabs you installed.

As far as your battery everyone has different results. It has been said hundreds of times that not one battery is the "one fix" for everyone. I'd try a couple of radios if you don't like your reception and see which one fits your area best.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

superman426 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to superman426 Send a message via MSN to superman426 Send a message via Yahoo to superman426

Need Help, Does anyone know how to use manila and SPB Mobile Shell? when i have SPB Mobile shell and click on show today the HTC icon just stays there and the tf3d does not starts. I tried second today with no luck
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman426 View Post
Need Help, Does anyone know how to use manila and SPB Mobile Shell? when i have SPB Mobile shell and click on show today the HTC icon just stays there and the tf3d does not starts. I tried second today with no luck
i haven't played with Mobile Shell in a while, but you probably just need to go to Today/Items and uncheck TouchFlo, and check only Mobile Shell.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: US Cellular

vpr5703 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post

EDIT: I stand corrected I did get the crashes though.
Yeah I didnt know if it was or not. I'll wait for the new version before I go back to using it. Thanks guys!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

superman426 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to superman426 Send a message via MSN to superman426 Send a message via Yahoo to superman426

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
i haven't played with Mobile Shell in a while, but you probably just need to go to Today/Items and uncheck TouchFlo, and check only Mobile Shell.

that's the thing i want to use both
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development